• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

2 hours ago, Frenchie said:

I hope  no,  what makes it great is it's uniqueness, Creating a new iteration would only dilute it . Moreover, the 1oz would be probably more flat as there would be maybe not enough "material" in order to create this beautiful high relief we have with the 2 oz

I believe there is meant to be a 5oz £10,000 version but I've not heard anymore about it since the first press release. RM might have decided that it's too much effort given the minting issues. 

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

It may well be a false sale to pump it up even further?

That is actually a problem becuase of these Max £1 sellings fees promotions eBay often do

Listed a few up on different IDs and take the hits on the few quids youll pay in fees, market established after 6 or 8 sales from different 'supposed' sellers.

Plop your coin on, when the general public/market forces 'assumes' the eBay prices are the benchmark prices & reap the rewards

It is not out of the realms of possibility

Just now, Paul said:

It is not out of the realms of possibility

It's a proven concept carried out by certain individuals. Whether it is the case with this sale? You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

If they were getting charged the full ebay listing fees of 10% sale price typically it would make them think twice on items of £20k - £30k

I assume that if they cancel the sale or 'return' the coin then these aren't payable. This might account for one or two sales but there have been quite a few now. Should know once the feedback appears. 

1 minute ago, BrumChris said:

I assume that if they cancel the sale or 'return' the coin then these aren't payable. This might account for one or two sales but there have been quite a few now. Should know once the feedback appears. 

Yeah, that can happen, "mutual agreement to to cancel transaction" can be based by either side and fees reimbursed 

the sales result however still stay & are visible on ebay completed items 

6 hours ago, Paul said:

My hand is close to the "sell" button to be totally fair/honest.  The result of coin cabinet auction in a week will finalise my decision

Im not a millionaire, im not a coin collector.  Ive parked fiat into gold to store value.

Im also a realist, if i can make best part of six months salary profit on one item ive 'got lucky with" i would be daft not to take it

If it was me i would sell. The bouble will burst on this, you will make good money, yes and well done you its just how much.  Its your finger on the trigger i hope you do well. For me  Times like these i listen to Kenny Rodgers the Gambler!!!

2 minutes ago, Pipers said:

If it was me i would sell. The bouble will burst on this, you will make good money, yes and well done you its just how much.  Its your finger on the trigger i hope you do well. For me  Times like these i listen to Kenny Rodgers the Gambler!!!

"Them Gambler he broke even" dont want that :) 

27 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

These success stories of the Una and now the Queen coins do a lot for the Royal Mint brand, and could positively affect the values of all RM coins in some way. It's certainly welcoming for collectors and investors, and coin shops I guess!

Especially the engraver series, depending what designs they do next

You can almost guarantee them selling out quickly with people hoping they will match the Una 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

55 minutes ago, Kman said:

Especially the engraver series, depending what designs they do next

You can almost guarantee them selling out quickly with people hoping they will match the Una 

Definitely a full sell out. However, they may well be disappointed. All depends on the coin they go for, e.g. a gothic crown won't exceed the price of the original. £4000 should get you one in great condition.

8 hours ago, BrumChris said:

I believe there is meant to be a 5oz £10,000 version but I've not heard anymore about it since the first press release. RM might have decided that it's too much effort given the minting issues. 

Saw one for sale yesterday for the bargain price of £125,000 in Asia. Suffice it to say, it hasn’t sold yet !

Edited by Oldun

16 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Definitely a full sell out. However, they may well be disappointed. All depends on the coin they go for, e.g. a gothic crown won't exceed the price of the original. £4000 should get you one in great condition.

Yep very true, also RM might decide to double mintage seeing the success 🙄

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 hours ago, BrumChris said:

The smart money might be on buying an original Gothic Crown then. If they do release that next, it could create interest in the original and push the price up. 

1 hour ago, Melon said:

The smart money might be on buying an original Gothic Crown then. If they do release that next, it could create interest in the original and push the price up. 

There wasn’t a gold version gothic, I think we could be getting into the gimmick versions after this one. There was however a gold 1935 rocking horse crown, I might put my money on one of those 😏

Edited by Gibby