• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

@frenchie how have you managed to get your mitts on one I thought they sold out ages ago!

The gold Una was ordered the first day, but the RM had striking issues with them, and had to delay their release. I have probably received their last batch  

9 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Hello to all, especially Paul (see what I did there...poetry, innit).

Anyway, see attached. Latest from the Coin Cabinet Auction app. There are 300 coins coming up for auction with bids already placed. Una is at the top of the list...

D64349CF-EFCF-41D6-9BE8-65B26BA47756.jpeg

Will be an interesting watch this one, the first perfect graded one selling through a proper coin auction. 

Guess this will of make a benchmark/official line in sand what the current value is by what collectors are prepared to pay

Anyone staying up late tonight the Gold Una & Lion on ebay UK auction ends tonight 23.38 GMT

currently at £19,000, via 26 bids

with x128 watches on it 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-2019-UK-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-Limited-Edition-225-Very-Rare/303441903449?hash=item46a68bff59:g:1tAAAOSw64ZeGlia

Time to buy more popcorn 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Anyone staying up late tonight the Gold Una & Lion on ebay UK auction ends tonight 23.38 GMT

currently at £19,000, via 26 bids

with x128 watches on it 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-2019-UK-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-Limited-Edition-225-Very-Rare/303441903449?hash=item46a68bff59:g:1tAAAOSw64ZeGlia

Time to buy more popcorn 

Absolute madness, states it is COA #5, yet uses stock images. 

I would never bid that much on an item I can’t see, regardless of the sellers feedback. 

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Half hour left, who up watching? @Frenchie at £19,600

Wow ! I was not at the party...the trend does not tend to wane for the moment. It gets even stronger, incredible.

There is maybe more than 225 potentials buyers with deep pockets worldwide. It could be a bubble, but for the moment sales reflect a strong demand from collectors. Do they think it could perform as the original Una ?? greed is not a good adviser

For the moment, this is a good investment.

Looking forward for the next stop.

@PaulWhen will you start to think about selling your baby ? 100000£  :D  

My hand is close to the "sell" button to be totally fair/honest.  The result of coin cabinet auction in a week will finalise my decision

Im not a millionaire, im not a coin collector.  Ive parked fiat into gold to store value.

Im also a realist, if i can make best part of six months salary profit on one item ive 'got lucky with" i would be daft not to take it

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

My hand is close to the "sell" button to be totally fair/honest.  The result of coin cabinet auction in a week will finalise my decision

Im not a millionaire, im not a coin collector.  Ive parked fiat into gold to store value.

Im also a realist, if i can make best part of six months salary profit on one item ive 'got lucky with" i would be daft not to take it

The dark side of the force attracts you ! I question myself too, as I suppose, a good proportion of the original buyers. The question is to know whether it's a strong market capable of absorbing the entire mintage or a musical chairs game.

We know what "hard earned money" mean and this starts to be big money at our scale... and the adage "it is better to hold than to run" makes sense here

Edited by Frenchie

I bought the silver proof version within hours of it being released, it’s a beautiful coin via the westminster collection , I intend to keep it for quite some time , I didn’t even see the gold proof version , unfortunately and being an on and off coin collector with a small collection , I doubt if I would have bought it at £3995 or there abouts .. but to get a £20k profit in a matter of weeks is just amazing , do any of you know if the mint will release a 1oz coin , has anyone heard anything to suggest this ?, 

hindsight is a great thing for sure ! 

21 minutes ago, Sgm1234 said:

do any of you know if the mint will release a 1oz coin , has anyone heard anything to suggest this ?

I hope  no,  what makes it great is it's uniqueness, Creating a new iteration would only dilute it . Moreover, the 1oz would be probably more flat as there would be maybe not enough "material" in order to create this beautiful high relief we have with the 2 oz

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

I hope  no,  what makes it great is it's uniqueness, Creating a new iteration would only dilute it . Moreover, the 1oz would be probably more flat as there would be maybe not enough "material" in order to create this beautiful high relief we have with the 2 oz

Agreed re the amount of material being used - but look at the RCM's multifaceted coins - that is a 6mm relief. Remarkable...

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Agreed re the amount of material being used - but look at the RCM's multifaceted coins - that is a 6mm relief. Remarkable...

Yes I have seen that and I really don't know how this coin can weight only  1oz, The core seems already thick compared to a standard 1 oz coin, so how did they found the material needed for the head ??

Edited by Frenchie