• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

8 hours ago, Oldun said:

And the little engine that could.....20 bids up to £360 as of typing....that is an almost 100% profit and not to be sniffed at despite being the cinderella to her much more illustrious 500%+ profit elder sister !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-UK-Two-Ounce-Silver-Proof-Coin/254487537787?hash=item3b40a3a87b:g:1AwAAOSwRn9eJdHg

Still waiting with baited breath to see if I get one from Royal Mint. The fact they're now trading for double means I'll be even more annoyed if I don't! 😂

18 minutes ago, Melon said:

Still waiting with baited breath to see if I get one from Royal Mint. The fact they're now trading for double means I'll be even more annoyed if I don't! 😂

I rang the RM the other day to check on my order- I’m told its due to be shipped on the 31st January.

On 25/01/2020 at 09:39, 5huggy said:

1f30de52-6156-431f-a18e-af0936768230?width=288&height=288&resizeinbox=true&backgroundcolor=FFFFFF

Great Britain Elizabeth II 2019 Gold 200 Pounds Proof 'Una & the Lion' NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo #4863748-006
DESCRIPTION
GREAT BRITAIN. Elizabeth II, 1952-.
200 Pounds, 2019. The Royal Mint. Proof 'Una & the Lion'.
Fifth crowned portrait of HM Queen Elizabeth II facing right; ELIZABETH II·D·G·REG·F·D·200 POUNDS·. Design by Jody Clark. / Crowned and mantled Queen Victoria directing Lion left, DIRIGE DEUS GRESSUS MEOS (May God direct my steps) above, date in Latin numerals and engraver's mark below.

The Queen depicted as Una and the Lion was a controversial design issued at a time of great uncertainty. Victoria had only just turned 18 when she became Queen and Empress of the world's leading empire at the time, with dominions scattered around the globe. All eyes were on her to deliver the huge task of leading the empire to future prosperity. The depiction of Victoria as Lady Una, calmly directing the enormous beast by her side, the Lion (representing England), was a clever analogy, using the characters from Edmund Spenser's poem The Faerie Queene (written in 1590). It was the first time in history a British monarch was depicted on a coin as a fictional character.

As part of the Great Engravers series the coin offered here has caused equal amounts of admiration and frustration due to the ultra-low mintage and low-profile marketing from the Royal Mint. The mintage being just 225 pieces it was immediately sold out and now coins are already selling for £25,000 on the secondary market, leaving most collectors with little chance of ever getting one. This will be one to keep for the future, the Una and the Lion being perhaps the most iconic of all British coin designs, the original 5 Pound piece struck in 1839 recently sold for USD 575,000 hammer, one of the best performers of all British investment coins. Make sure to get yours in a 70 grade as perfect examples will perform the best. This coin comes with its original box and certificate of authenticity #53, as issued by the Royal Mint. In secure plastic holder, graded by NGC PF70 Ultra Cameo, certification number 4863748-006.

Mintage: 225
Weight: 62.42 g.
Composition: 999/1000 Gold

PLEASE NOTE: 0 % Buyer Premium on this lot. No other fees, including live bidding. Only delivery cost will be added to your order.
STARTING BID
£2,200
PLACE BID
Current £21,500

Bidding now at £22,500, the last eBay auction from 21st Jan ended at £24,600

Live bidding starts at 3pm GMT - all this popcorn is making me fat 

giphy.gif 

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bidding now at £22,500, the last eBay auction from 21st Jan ended at £24,600

Live bidding starts at 3pm GMT - all this popcorn is making me fat 

You can afford the posh stuff that probably makes you lose weight now that you are ‘Uber-Una rich’

07A646C0-6446-4AE0-A2BE-C0A56F80F824.jpeg

To those who have not used the Coin Cabinet, i registered a few days back so i could track the Una & Lion sale, but have ended up having a good look & play around

Really nice site to use, just looking round now and some nice bargains to be had, graded gold coins at spot or a little under

Great descriptions, all the info you need, mintages, purity, weights.  Can sort items into specific items/countries you collect

Got a few bids on i didnt plan to make !  Nice you know the hammer price is what you pay rather working out adding buyers preiums to your max bid

Great selection.  All items ended today, 3PM GMT onwards if you have an hour spare to have a browse 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-9B8PF/the-coin-cabinet-auction-13-0-buyer-premium

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

To those who have not used the Coin Cabinet, i registered a few days back so i could track the Una & Lion sale, but have ended up having a good look & play around

Really nice site to use, just looking round now and some nice bargains to be had, graded gold coins at spot or a little under

Great descriptions, all the info you need, mintages, purity, weights.  Can sort items into specific items/countries you collect

Got a few bids on i didnt plan to make !  Nice you know the hammer price is what you pay rather working out adding buyers preiums to your max bid

Great selection.  All items ended today, 3PM GMT onwards if you have an hour spare to have a browse 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-9B8PF/the-coin-cabinet-auction-13-0-buyer-premium

Agree with this. I came just for the Una spectacle but wound up registereing to bid after seeing a few interesting lots that seem to have a chance of finishing at a good price. I'm normally put off by auctions with the buyers premium so not having that for these is very nice.

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I saw the same error on my laptop in the Firefox browser. Seems to have sorted itself out though

Thanks I thought I was going mad at one point. Under spot at 2,200!!!! Talk about extremes!

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, Xander said:

I wonder if this is just a knee-jerk reaction, soon they may go back to a more realistic price. 

Then we can bag one.😉

Yep. I’ll take one at spot plus 10% if anyone is selling.....................

6 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

Im not familiar with real auctions, so they take internet bids until the live and in person auction starts? actual auction room etc?

I am guessing it works the same way a commission bid would work in a standard auction house. If you can't be there for the live auction you can get your bid in before so you still have a chance. Its working a bit different here because all buyers can see these bids as they're made which generally isn't disclosed in a standard auction until the item comes up live.

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome
grammar, innit

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Already a few thousand above eBay's best auction sale, before live bidding starts 3pm

people in there are going to want it, especially graded, they werent graded on eBay right? could it reach £50k? what are your predictions?

3 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

people in there are going to want it, especially graded, they werent graded on eBay right? could it reach £50k? what are your predictions?

I have not seen a graded one sale as yet, yet a few dozen have been graded

This is the first sale through a proper professional coin auction to 

A legitimate line in the sand/ free market valuation will be attained today

Edited by Paul