• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GS BE / FedEx delivery issues

Mike

Morning Coinsters

In July I ordered some silver Rwanda Nauticals from GSBE.  Apparently they were delivered in 15 August at 10:25am, but I know I wasn't at home then.  I've gone to the FedEx website and asked for the proof of delivery and apparently no signature was required so the only "proof' of delivery they provide is a note to say 'delivered'!

GB BE are saying I have to take it up with Fed Ex, Fed Ex can offer no further proof of delivery.  I paid using a credit and PayPal with GS BE - about £140 worth

Any ideas as to how I take forward or do I have to write this one off? Slightly complicated because I was away for 2 weeks on annual leave from 25 August, so only really been able to investigate properly in last 2 weeks

Mike

If FedEx has it as delivered, there isn't much that Goldsilver.be can do. Even if you open a PayPal case, I'm not sure they can decide on your side.

Tricky situation and makes me worry about FedEx even more. Used to consider them a good company but in the last year my opinion is changing fast, based on personal experience as well.

Instagram: gildeon_67

I had parcel delivered yesterday by FedEx

from heritage auctions USA

signature was required but the delivery driver left it on my door step and i was inside the house ! (He must signed for it)

I think GSBE would sent it signed for ? 

Hope you get it solved soon ..

It's not just FedEx! I was thinking in this problem yesterday and thinking about to create a topic just about this. As it's more and more a common situation.

- One makes a order from a bullion store; choose a delivery and a insurance; never receive it, but nothing can be done because delivery transport lies and say it was delivered!

- After this the Bullion trader or the insurance company have nothing more with the case, and because some worker from the delivering company says it was delivered, it's they're word that prevails!

Costumer have no more option here. It looks to me a modern type of scam. As the costumers don't have any way to proof they receive nothing!

This is a huge problem this days. And almost all the transport companies do this. I my self have lots of experiences where they says it was delivered just to fulfil schedules and to not loose the Companies as costumers, but parcels show up just weeks after this "delivered".

This happens more to me when I have something to be derived by GLS, but all of them do this more or less this days.

What to do?.... nothing apparently! Weird and dangerous days we are living!...

Depending on the service selected by the sender your delivery may or may not have required a signature.
Check with GS.be to see if this shipment required a signature.
If it did then their guaranteed delivery should put the problem back to them to sort out.

However, on lower value shipments perhaps there was tracking only and no requirement for a signature.
Packages are tracked by GPS so Fedex would have a record showing the delivery driver was on your property.
Usually FedEx bombard you you will emails advising a delivery is imminent and requesting instructions in the event you are not at home to receive.
Did you get any emails from Fedex ?
Maybe not, again, on a lower value shipment.

It is highly unlikely a driver would steal your package as this would be an instant dismissal with a record that would stop this person finding another courier job.
The package would be light and the driver wouldn't have any idea of the contents or value so wouldn't, I assume take a chance.
Normally the delivery driver would post a card through your letter box to advise the package location - did you get a card ?
If not then it would be worth checking with FedEx on their policy of leaving notices.
Unfortunately it is impossible to prove that you did not receive a notice if they say they did post a card.

There is every chance that a passer-by might have spotted a package and helped themselves to it.
A friend of mine left a birthday gift for a young niece very early one morning, not wishing to ring the doorbell, and in under an hour it had already disappeared.
There are some sheisters out there that will steal anything and everything if they see an opportunity.

Sorry to hear of your problem and hope there is a good outcome in the end.

If they cant offer proof of delivery it wasn't delivered, right?  Its not cheap postage so i'd expect some form of insurance and sign for service. Otherwise they may as well use the cheaper Bpost/Yodel service.

So politely follow up with Fedex and GSbe, credit card and small claims if necessary. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fall out with fedex last month.  I had a bottle of engine oil 'delivered'.  It was signed for by B.BIN. (behind bin?).  I waited in for it and the bin is also in front of my window.  Furthermore, a neighbours security camera only saw a DPD delivery which my neighbour got.  Fedex just put me off, and said they were still investigating blah blah blah.  I know my driver as he's at my door once a month, so i quizzed him last week.  He already knew and quoted the date as he was on holiday 🙄

The company sent me another bottle of oil, which was very good of them, but the fedex guy probably binned the first to save the trip as I'm semi-rural and probably not near his other deliveries.  

GS.BE have fairly strict instructions so no fear of it being left behind a bin. I hope...

1 hour ago, Downs523 said:

I have a high value order due this friday from Goldsilver.be by FedEx... should I be worried? Any positive stories?

Had no problems with delivery with my previous two orders... I was in when they arrived though.

DPD have been a bit rubbish recently, leaving two packages on the front door step which looks out onto a busy road - fortunately both packages were low value and didn't wander off but the second got absolutely soaked through!

Hi @Mike, have you got any updates on this one ? I literally just made an order a few hours ago with GSBE and picked the FedEx option as the other option didn't give specific courier details! 

Hope this is sorted for you asap if not already? 

Does any one think I may have credit card protection if I pay transfer wise with my credit card ? 

Now considering telling them to bugger off and pay the 8£ extra to use euro mint, advice any one ? 

10 hours ago, R2DANIO2 said:

Now considering telling them to bugger off and pay the 8£ extra to use euro mint, advice any one ? 

I don't think you will find it easy to cancel a confirmed order with GS.be. In the best case they will accept the cancellation, you will have probably closed that door permanently. 🙄

Instagram: gildeon_67

11 hours ago, R2DANIO2 said:

Hi @Mike, have you got any updates on this one ? I literally just made an order a few hours ago with GSBE and picked the FedEx option as the other option didn't give specific courier details! 

Hope this is sorted for you asap if not already? 

Does any one think I may have credit card protection if I pay transfer wise with my credit card ? 

Advice? Don’t look for a problem before it exists. 😁

Hi, sorry to hear this.

Last year I placed an order with GS.BE and when I looked at my account with them it stated that the parcel had been delivered. I had not received the package. I waited another 3 days, and my missus suggested I ask some of our neighbours if they had taken delivery of my package. One neighbour had indeed taken delivery and sat on it for a few days waiting for me to come and collect! 

It may be a long shot but try your neighbours. Hope things work out for you.   

My 6th GS.be order has arrived today. Posted in today I received what has arrived total 56 oz Silver. Excellent packaging, emails sent by GS.be perfect no isues with FedEx or GS.be.

Not GS.BE's issue but my current delivery via FedEx is a pain in the proverbial.
Missed delivery on Wednesday, got home to a TNT card as it appears FedEx/TNT are sharing deliveries; no option on the FedEx site for redelivery and the TNT site wouldn't accept my FedEx tracking. They tried redelivery next day, at almost exactly the same time! Finally figured out where to find the TNT shipment number last night to make sure they try again today... Only out the house a few hours this AM, so, despite adding a note to the delivery stating "no one will be in 'X'am-'Y'am, expecting them to try delivery during those hours again!

8 hours ago, adamthetaller said:

Not GS.BE's issue but my current delivery via FedEx is a pain in the proverbial.
Missed delivery on Wednesday, got home to a TNT card as it appears FedEx/TNT are sharing deliveries; no option on the FedEx site for redelivery and the TNT site wouldn't accept my FedEx tracking. They tried redelivery next day, at almost exactly the same time! Finally figured out where to find the TNT shipment number last night to make sure they try again today... Only out the house a few hours this AM, so, despite adding a note to the delivery stating "no one will be in 'X'am-'Y'am, expecting them to try delivery during those hours again!

I bought some ASEs off them last week and they came this week with fed ex box and tracking but TNT van. Not sure why but delivery man wanted to see my ID before he would let me sign for it. Also it had "DSR!" Written in a few places over the box. Maybe something to do with that bit. Unsure. 

Hope your stuff comes quickly and safely

Archived