• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Prince Albert celebration sovereign!

goldmember44

16 minutes ago, 1817Karl said:

Thanks for the note, although the 26th was a Bank Holiday Monday, so we're stuffed!

Doh! What year calendar did I look at! 

....your right, we’re all stuffed, unless the Mint enhance their pay on Bank Holidays, they might have been a little bit more motivated. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine has been moved to invoiced so i presume thats a good sign. As I didnt think these were coming out till mid september, I went to NGC yesterday... should have waited doh.

Maybe I will pop down to the coin fair this weekend to send off for grading if it arrives in time.

Just out of curiosity - those whose orders have moved to 'invoiced' have the funds been withdrawn from your accounts? In my case, the money was taken from my account and bounced back - yet this morning I have the tracking number and the 'invoiced' notification and yet the money has not been taken yet? Anyone else in the same boat? #strange?

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just out of curiosity - those whose orders have moved to 'invoiced' have the funds been withdrawn from your accounts? In my case, the money was taken from my account and bounced back - yet this morning I have the tracking number and the 'invoiced' notification and yet the money has not been taken yet? Anyone else in the same boat? #strange?

Something similar ...mine has not been invoiced...just dispatched! Checked credit card last night and it has not appeared yet!

No tracking details..that usually arrives the day after the parcel has been delivered!

Perhaps these are going to be free gifts to us all to make up for previous errors and mistakes! 😃 

15 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Thats normal. they kinda "check" they can take it when you place the order, then its just authorised. It will come out at a later date.

Called the Mint today to check on my order as showing closed in my account, with no further details or email notification.  They confirmed it has been/will be shipped today, so assume this will be the same for most who secured one.  Expected next couple of days. Will be interesting to see images on here to assess quality...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Mine has been moved to a closed order and invoiced but no money taken.....think this will be a final “special” sovereign direct from The Royal Mint right out of the gate for me going forward (unless queenie makes it to 100 or 70 years on the throne !)...the 20% mark up in Royal Mint prices now in effect are going to bite going forward....as effectively they have added vat to proof coins from the mint.

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I am going to sell mine. I have changed perspectives recently on collecting. I doubt it will be a PF70 given past and recent purchases and so won't even bother thinking about grading.

I submitted 3 of the last ones, all perfect 70's... although some less than perfects slipped through I know about. I think there will be demand so a flip should be easy enough I would think. I would say I would be interested in it but there are plenty here that didnt get 1 so I wont buy any more as I have one myself. The last ones I picked up on the second hand market and they graded well so I may do the same... depending on price.

Mine also dispatched today. I was on the phone with them this morning and asked that they put mine through quality control before sending out, and they said they would :)

I'll be sending mine off for grading immediately. I'm currently also awaiting the return from NGC of my Victoria one... hopefully a good result.

43 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Mine also dispatched today. I was on the phone with them this morning and asked that they put mine through quality control before sending out, and they said they would :)

I'll be sending mine off for grading immediately. I'm currently also awaiting the return from NGC of my Victoria one... hopefully a good result.

You should be ok with the Vic 200, the odds are with you, checked today and NGC have graded 17 so far with 14 grading at 70 and only 3 grading at 69...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Mine despatched but will take up to a week to arrive as international mail. No plans to grade either the Vic or the Albert. It seems many are planning to in the hope of double 70s but I would like to wait to see where those end up price wise (as well as double 69s or a 70 and a 69) and after the dust has settled....no hurry.

7 hours ago, Oldun said:

It seems many are planning to in the hope of double 70s but I would like to wait to see where those end up price wise (as well as double 69s or a 70 and a 69) and after the dust has settled....no hurry.

exactly what im doing... i love me 70's! :D 

Archived