• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Prince Albert celebration sovereign!

goldmember44

14 hours ago, h103efa said:

When I return using their refund section on delivery note I state I would like postage refund and include receipt from post office. Basically don't seal package until paid postage and put receipt in. I always get postage refunded

What would you do if the package went missing on route?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, xthomasx said:

I guess these two SotDs could be perfect in a multi-coin slab.

Does anyone here have previous experiences with those new slabs? I am afraid I am not up to date with Numi's grading videos... 😣

I have 4/5 of these muti coin slabs 

they are big to store 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 hour ago, h103efa said:

I've always sent using special delivery so have the tracking number and also keep photo of the receipt.

good stuff. I would also check to make sure they don't insist on the original receipt, photo may not be enough.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Hi all

just a quick question has any one else received a 2019 Albert sovereign with black spots on it and why on earth do the mint not check properly after all its a strike on the day so I would expect a little more quality control . I am going to send it to NGC to see if they can do anything, as I am not in a position to afford another quite at this moment.

Soveignstacker 😔😣

16 minutes ago, soverignstacker said:

Hi all

just a quick question has any one else received a 2019 Albert sovereign with black spots on it and why on earth do the mint not check properly after all its a strike on the day so I would expect a little more quality control . I am going to send it to NGC to see if they can do anything, as I am not in a position to afford another quite at this moment.

Soveignstacker 😔😣

Is this the one that I sent you??

Been following this with interest as the Victoria coin had a black spot issue.

From the two photos provided on the auction thread, the first one showed a few spots and the second one only 2 that I could make out (pics provided from that thread).

The Royal Mint haven’t really sorted out the matte finish properly yet in my opinion but as they are not proof coins, it is not surprising, if somewhat disappointing. We will have to see how coins with a little black spot fare in grading I guess as to whether it affects the grade it receives or not as a post production flaw...it is up to the graders at the end of the day. Either way, a great coin with a micro mintage. I have a Victoria with a wee spot and am expecting my incoming Albert to have one and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t. Either way, I will be keeping these as a pair....how many collectors will have both these coins together.....it will certainly be less than 650, that is for sure.

7B0A8DF6-EE99-4F3B-B9B5-FEF354DB23EC.jpeg

621B5F7F-4C6D-4B7F-A938-554BBB05D713.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Been following this with interest as the Victoria coin had a black spot issue.

From the two photos provided on the auction thread, the first one showed a few spots and the second one only 2 that I could make out (pics provided from that thread).

The Royal Mint haven’t really sorted out the matte finish properly yet in my opinion but as they are not proof coins, it is not surprising, if somewhat disappointing. We will have to see how coins with a little black spot fare in grading I guess as to whether it affects the grade it receives or not as a post production flaw...it is up to the graders at the end of the day. Either way, a great coin with a micro mintage. I have a Victoria with a wee spot and am expecting my incoming Albert to have one and will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t. Either way, I will be keeping these as a pair....how many collectors will have both these coins together.....it will certainly be less than 650, that is for sure.

7B0A8DF6-EE99-4F3B-B9B5-FEF354DB23EC.jpeg

621B5F7F-4C6D-4B7F-A938-554BBB05D713.jpeg

Cheers for this. I am a little annoyed and very sorry to @soverignstacker about this. Please pm me to discuss if you want to return it.

It may be why the coin went for @ £620 perhaps under the going rate thus far elsewhere ? Either way, in my opinion, a fair price even with a spot or two in the secondary market for a coin with a tiny mintage that will be forever known as “The Albert Sovereign” which makes it unique in having its own name. And it still may make a 70 as the spots are not post production......I am waiting to see how other’ Vics and Alberts grade with the spots first before even thinking about grading. To be honest, I may not even ever bother grading them.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=albert+sovereign&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=albert+sovereign+2019&_sacat=0

I will get back in my box now :)

3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

It may be why the coin went for @ £620 perhaps under the going rate thus far elsewhere ? Either way, in my opinion, a fair price even with a spot or two in the secondary market for a coin with a tiny mintage that will be forever known as “The Albert Sovereign” which makes it unique in having its own name. And it still may make a 70 as the spots are not post production......I am waiting to see how other’ Vics and Alberts grade with the spots first before even thinking about grading. To be honest, I may not even ever bother grading them.

I’m a little embarrassed about this to be honest. I honestly thought the coin was tip top. Shows what I know!!!

As I mentioned, I have one tiny dot on my Vic and expecting the same on my incoming Albert. If totally clean, I would be delighted and it still doesn’t mean it wouldn’t get a 70 but I will wait to see how others do.

It is interesting that not many members who have bought the Albert coin here have shared any  photos.......hmmmm.....

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 23:20, fehk2001 said:

I have 4/5 of these muti coin slabs 

they are big to store 

Depends on how many coins are in one slab. For two coins, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I would assume that such double/multi-slabs will become popular in the near future.

Anyway, I am afraid it will take a long time until space problems with my gold coin collection would develop ;) 

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:00, terakris said:

I was thinking this and spoke to NGC - they said they are only available on bulk submissions cos the slabs are specially made, so means we would need to get near 100 of us with the 2 coins to chip on for them to be set like that. Shame really as it would look pretty damn cool.

OK. So this does not appear to be an option. Too sad... :(

1 hour ago, xthomasx said:

Depends on how many coins are in one slab. For two coins, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I would assume that such double/multi-slabs will become popular in the near future.

Anyway, I am afraid it will take a long time until space problems with my gold coin collection would develop ;) 

Space problem could mean how you are going to store these over size slabs 

and secondly of one day you are going to sell it , sell them individually will fetch more money unless you don’t care about money , then yea do whatever you want 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

These tiny imperfections on the Vic and Albert 200, I believe, are not black spots but areas where the matte isn't fully covering the underlying planchet.  Also they are tiny imperfections in a Brilliant Uncirculated coin (not a proof). We all would like perfection but not paying for it.  So far they have mostly graded 70 and there have been some, lets say, less than perfect coins, that have graded 70. I haven't yet seen a perfect Vic or Albert 200 and probably never will.  So in my opinion it isn't an issue...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

22 hours ago, Oldun said:

It is interesting that not many members who have bought the Albert coin here have shared any  photos.......hmmmm.....

Well, I've just taken a few pictures of mine for your all's perusal. :)

alb1.jpg

alb2.jpg

alb3.jpg

Just under the queen's neck, there is a TINY "black" spot, which I have investigated closer, and it turns out to be one of those spots that are not "matted". But it really is very small and not even easy to see at first glance. 

26 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Well, I've just taken a few pictures of mine for your all's perusal. :)

Just under the queen's neck, there is a TINY "black" spot, which I have investigated closer, and it turns out to be one of those spots that are not "matted". But it really is very small and not even easy to see at first glance. 

Looks like a good example of one... ive seen a lot worse.

Archived