• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Prince Albert celebration sovereign!

goldmember44

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Great stuff Karl... :) So, what is your verdict in-hand on the quality comparison between the two? Sometimes it's hard to tell with photographs alone.

I'd say better. The Vic 200 had imperfections with the Matte Finish (can be seen in the images) and had to be returned. The replacement did grade at 70. The Albert looks better, that said if you look closely enough there are imperfections, but after all its a Brilliant Uncirculated not Proof coin...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

2 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Finished making the jam, and it’s looking like I might have got jammy! 😃 Way better finish than The Victoria! This one will be heading over to NGC asap!

BEC831EB-D46D-491B-B547-0FD5BEB8ACB6.thumb.jpeg.24541d246751079bc26f310b70f7ceb5.jpeg

A047688D-ED04-49EF-AAC8-915F9D0B24B4.thumb.jpeg.274a5e98f8cda6dca14d6a2808912120.jpeg

Don't get any jam on it...

1 hour ago, 1817Karl said:

Now the 2019 Matte brilliant uncirculated is £450 from the Mint, these look cheap as chips at £500... 20,000 Mintage compared with 650!

Indeed. I wonder what the next strike-on-the-day issues, from next year onwards will be priced at... it would also see an increase, for sure, probably nearer the £550 - £600 mark.

I have to agree with the Quality Control. Lacking to say the least. I had now purchased a few of the 2019 Matte Sov. BU. All of them had some kind of issue or imperfections white spots nicks or a dark spot. Waiting for another replacement which is on its way Lets Hope its ok? I live in the US and to return these back each time is expensive. Why cant they examine them before putting them in the boxes? 

1 hour ago, CWD said:

I have to agree with the Quality Control. Lacking to say the least. I had now purchased a few of the 2019 Matte Sov. BU. All of them had some kind of issue or imperfections white spots nicks or a dark spot. Waiting for another replacement which is on its way Lets Hope its ok? I live in the US and to return these back each time is expensive. Why cant they examine them before putting them in the boxes? 

they do give u money back?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

6 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Indeed. I wonder what the next strike-on-the-day issues, from next year onwards will be priced at... it would also see an increase, for sure, probably nearer the £550 - £600 mark.

I’d guess at £600 as they sold out so quickly...

19 minutes ago, 1817Karl said:

I’d guess at £600 as they sold out so quickly...

Normally royalmint would increase the mintage then raise the price 

they will make sure you gain nothing at issue.....

6 hours ago, CWD said:

5 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

they do give u money back?

When I return using their refund section on delivery note I state I would like postage refund and include receipt from post office. Basically don't seal package until paid postage and put receipt in. I always get postage refunded. In UK though, maybe different for international? 

6 hours ago, h103efa said:

maybe different for international? 

I only have one refund experience on international purchase 

they will pay the postage shown on the “ box “

sometimes they forget even if you are in Uk so you will need to remind them on the return slips 

16 hours ago, CWD said:

Why cant they examine them before putting them in the boxes? 

I've spoken to one UK seller (company owner) and they told me when they had the private tour round the Mint the coins (Proofs) were treated with no care at all, and the ones they looked at as they came off the line after 'QC' were mostly very poor and should have been rejected straightaway. That was six months to a year or so ago so no idea if things have changed.

Quality certainly seems to have gone up a notch from the first Matte this year to this one, maybe they are (finally) doing something right! :)

8 minutes ago, soverignstacker said:

I wonder who will be the first to have both the Victoria an albert sovereigns on a pf70 😎

Don't think it will be long as NGC applied their own standards (for once) to grade a 70 (ie. no post-production flaws)...the key imvho will be those who have a 'perfect to the eye' Viccy (not all 70s do) along with an Albert. A license to print money (short term) on the twinset imo.

1 hour ago, xthomasx said:

I guess these two SotDs could be perfect in a multi-coin slab.

Does anyone here have previous experiences with those new slabs? I am afraid I am not up to date with Numi's grading videos... 😣

I was thinking this and spoke to NGC - they said they are only available on bulk submissions cos the slabs are specially made, so means we would need to get near 100 of us with the 2 coins to chip on for them to be set like that. Shame really as it would look pretty damn cool.

Archived