• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

4 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Exactly as I said it would yesterday. The sheep mentality of the traders is mind-blowing. 

These things are self perpetuating. They know it will happen so they have to go with the crowd.

its like the "buy the rumour sell the fact" rule.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

16 minutes ago, Caratacus said:

It would be interesting to know how many short traders of Gold were caught out and how this will affect future short trading

there's no affect on the longer term shorting of

gold. similarly the longs that lost money on last

year's drop until august have no affect on the

longer term longs.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

We'll see what happens when Wallstreet opens, the big guns will have traded already, now it will be the smaller traders that add upto the big guns, they will either think high and sell or blip and buy, I'm know which way I'll trade in my own little way, Trump is still trump so gold will rise, it is nice to see that silver didn't drop as much, this is all gold traders, you can see the massive sells on it through thenight, stopped it setting off back up again...my stash is still just as shiny so I'm good.

5 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

So it appears that someone had stuck two star petrol in the rocket fuel tanks over the weekend, however that has now been sorted, re-loaded with grade A rocket fuel, and we are back on track to reach the moon and beyond. 

Where there's ups there's downs and where there's downs there's ups......you can quote me on that...lol.

Some new info from Mike "I own a giant gold & silver Company" Maloney.  He highlights some new cracks in the dam wall that could bring further problems on the US $ dollars & its dimise.

Launch of new trading platform for INSTEX circumventing the USD $ 

https://financialtribune.com/articles/business-and-markets/98681/eu-says-instex-operational

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Some new info from Mike "I own a giant gold & silver Company" Maloney.  He highlights some new cracks in the dam wall that could bring further problems on the US $ dollars & its dimise.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/business-and-markets/98681/eu-says-instex-operational

More and more ways to circumvent the dollar, good article thanks for sharing, didn't know that was in the pipeline 

Edited by Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Nearly a  £2.5% increase today must imply something is afoot   - (pound fell only a smidge)

The price fall from 1409 to 1390 happened on Sunday 30th in the evening. At the time, even the Asian and Australian markets were not yet open. It was one of a series of attempts to drive the price down by selling large quantities of gold when no buyers are around. Legitimate sellers of gold do not do this: they want to get the best price, so they sell when London and/or NY are open for trade and lots of buyers are around.

During 2013-2015 this kind of price manipulation worked and it scared the bulls away and resulted in the gold price continuing to fall. In late 2015 it stopped working. We started to see price knockdowns recovering quickly, indicating that bulls are no longer scared and are willing to come straight back in. The bottom of the gold market followed shortly after in December 2015, and I doubt this was a coincidence.

On Monday 1st the gold price tracked sideways and then on Tuesday 2nd it recovered back to $1418. The recovery took a little longer, but I think the message is still the same: the gold bulls are not scared of a price fall and will continue buying. This is a bullish indicator. We could still see a fall if the trade war negotiations conclude with a good deal, and the tensions in the Straits of Hormuz ease, but if gold continues to hold above £1350, then it is likely to continue to rise between now and next February.

19 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Spiked to £1,139 in the last hour... madness.

The madness has only just started...... 🤡

There has been an number of attempts by the usual culprits to smash price down - in past years we would have seen price tumbling down over the summer (quiet season) - price has come back and back and back. They have destroyed the value of their fiat currencies and now the chickens are coming home to roost. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yeah. The only regret I have is not owning more gold. But at this point, any gold is better than no gold. :)

I think we'd all have that regret buy if we had all the gold wed want more...but if it's doing this now what's it going to do over the next year?.