• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, augur said:

Just for clarification: I fully agree and it saddens me. 

Surely not.  The very survival of humanity depends on the banks. A well known member of the forum told me this just the other day.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Just now, augur said:

Was that HH, @sixgun?

i agree here with @Minimalist that this will become the greatest wealth transfer in history.

Did you need to ask who it might have been?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• Founder & Administrator

There have been some reports on this topic.

I have temporary locked this topic.

I will move the off topic comments from @sixgun and @HawkHybrid to the other topic. And then unlock this topic

Please do not use this topic for off topic discussions, especially non PM discussions. 

All non PM topics should be in the non PM forum. 

This topic here is: 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

4 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

There have been some reports on this topic.

I have temporary locked this topic.

I will move the off topic comments from @sixgun and @HawkHybrid to the other topic. And then unlock this topic

Please do not use this topic for off topic discussions, especially non PM discussions. 

All non PM topics should be in the non PM forum. 

This topic here is: 

Just annexed a couple of pages over there

• Founder & Administrator

I have unlocked the topic, please do try to keep the topic on track.

Please use the non PM forum section for non PM discussions and debates.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, paolo said:

The markets doesnt belive anymore in the central banks..

The markets are more focused on the fact everyone isolating will take chunks off GDP.  Leisure industry, travel industry are going to lose weeks of revenue and significantly shrink.  China expected to report negative growth Q1, that will filter through to about every industry across the world. Half a % on interest rates isnt the big issue.  

Edited by Martlet

9 minutes ago, Martlet said:

The markets are more focused on the fact everyone isolating will take chunks off GDP.  Leisure industry, travel industry are going to lose weeks of revenue and significantly shrink.  China expected to report negative growth Q1, that will filter through to about every industry across the world. Half a % on interest rates isnt the big issue.  

Then is nothing the central banks can do anymore to stop the drop, until the markets find their new floor

Edited by paolo

10 minutes ago, paolo said:

Then is nothing the central banks can do anymore to stop the drop, until the markets find their new floor

Yes but they have to bang their heads against the proverbial brick wall. It's in their nature and they have to try to keep up the illusion they are in control in every situation. They will never admit they are powerless when mr market finally takes control back.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

13 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Silver is getting absolutely destroyed, gold holding steady. So silver is reacting in step with the stock market, rather than with gold...acting as a commodity, not a store of value anymore.

Posting that in this thread is like a red rag to a (couple of) bulls.  You're going to get a slap if 'they' turn up with their handbags again. :mellow:

1 minute ago, goldking said:

Posting that in this thread is like a red rag to a (couple of) bulls.  You're going to get a slap if 'they' turn up with their handbags again. :mellow:

I hope as much as anyone here that silver will recover after this initial fear reaction. Let's hope for the best...we're in uncharted territory here.

Just to remind everyone in 2008 silver was at 20 usd, and within 7 months was at 10, lost 50% of value. It took 2,5 years to be back at 20 usd, before going much higher. I wouldnt be surprised to see it down of another 30% from here. So it can be a long way before we see it where we would like to. I think we need to be patient :). In my opinion should be seen as a long term investment, 5-10 years in order to see it at the real value hehe

Edited by paolo

5 minutes ago, maminzlaten said:

local dealers have ceased operations, they have no gold

german dealers are under pressure

people here are withdrawing funds from their banks, so that they can buy food and masks

its crazy

Just should be here in italy to see how things are developing. Soon 7000 soldier in south italy to prevent social unrest. If Italy is ahead of other contries in this then you have from 10 days to 3 weeks to get prepared. Hopefully things will get under control again in couple of months, but better be prepared for anything

Edited by paolo