• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

The miners were trashed today - i see this when gold is strong and isn't going down like the usual suspects want it to so they bash the miners. There is blood in the water and panic in the counting houses.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The miners were trashed today - i see this when gold is strong and isn't going down like the usual suspects want it to so they bash the miners. There is blood in the water and panic in the counting houses.

I think the “smart” money Is waiting to see how big the feds rescue package is... Can you believe this the stock markets go down 10% and the top 1% demand rate cuts and a bail out.. 

1 hour ago, Auricsstash said:

I think the “smart” money Is waiting to see how big the feds rescue package is... Can you believe this the stock markets go down 10% and the top 1% demand rate cuts and a bail out.. 

It is par for the course - read the following book - The creature of Jekyll island - the Fed was set up to do exactly this - by Ed Griffin

Gold is holding up really well... seemingly the only thing that is NOT tanking! Everything else is experiencing carnage... stocks, Bitcoin, even platinum and silver looking fairly weak due to concerns about the fallout of the Coronavirus. So yeah, gold is a pretty good safe haven. 

On 25/02/2020 at 21:30, goldking said:

Nah, I don't agree.  A pull back was always going to happen after such a sudden increase.  Look at the historical charts - it's done it every time, bumbled along at some artibrary point of resistance for a while and then started up the next ladder to a new high.  I agree with Bob above, there are margin calls to meet so there's a good chance we'll see drops til the end of the month.  I think if it gets down that far it'll hit resistance at £1220.  I don't think anyone holding physical is going to lose money in the mid to long term :) .

Huge dumps taking price right now.  $40 off the value in the space of 60 mins :blink: and still tanking.  I expect most of it is from margin calls.  Stock market is completely destroyed and is seeing one of the biggest crashes in its history.

Edit: make that $50 down!  Holy cr4p. :blink:

Edited by goldking

15 minutes ago, goldking said:

Huge dumps taking price right now.  $40 off the value in the space of 60 mins :blink: and still tanking.  I expect most of it is from margin calls.  Stock market is completely destroyed and is seeing one of the biggest crashes in its history.

But at £1,238 we are only back to where we were on 19th February 2020.

I am surprised at gold going down whilst the stock market is doing so badly.  So, end of month profit taking or margin calls?  Or it could be people that have lost a lot on the stock market are being forced to liquidate their more profitable assets?

27 minutes ago, goldking said:

it's gonna go up to £1300 again on Monday morning 

5 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

it's gonna go up to £1300 again on Monday morning 

I'm not feeling it.  Lots of emergency meetings going on right now and talk about bail-outs.  If that happens as some are predicting then we're into GFC 2020 and gold will likely go lower if past history is an indication.  Medium to long term, £1300+ for sure, but I don't see it in the short term.

Trust me this is nothing but good, in December I could get hold of Victorian Shieldback Sovereigns for c.300, I would like to get them again at the price, I find £340-£350 offensive but then again I am notoriously tight where paying for stuff is concerned even if I do pay for it with toilet paper

1 hour ago, paolo said:

But anyone has a reliable explanation on why is happening this big dump? Always manipulation or who is dumping all this gold and why?

I sold some coins but dont think it s because of me🤣

Light reading https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/rickards-how-gold-manipulated

It is ZH though who have a few editors that like to get a bit carried away with the conspiracy theories, so take it for what it is, but they produce a lot of good stuff as well.  Jim Rickards is pretty clued up, generally (but not on BTC!).

In summary, the problem is paper gold.  Take paper gold out of the equation and the price would be going the other way at a rapid rate.

Quote from the article :

"Another way to manipulate the price is through gold leasing and “unallocated forwards.”

“Unallocated” is one of those buzzwords in the gold market. When most large gold buyers want to buy physical gold, they’ll call JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, Citibank, or one of the large gold dealers.

They’ll put in an order for, say, $5 million worth of gold. The bank will say fine, send us your money for the gold and we’ll offer you a written contract in a standard form. Yet if you read the contract, it says you own gold on an “unallocated” basis. That means you don’t have designated bars.

There’s no group of gold bars that have your name on them or specific gold bar serial numbers that are registered to you.

In practice, unallocated gold allows the bank to sell the same physical gold ten times over to ten different buyers."

ie. based on nothing. :rolleyes:

Edited by goldking

Just sold 8oz today @£1260 spot - my first ever sale - money is going towards another investment which unless gold doubles in price in the next few months will be more lucrative . I averaged just under £300 per oz profit which I’m happy to take. It leaves me with a still sizeable stack, which i will certainly be looking to increase over my lifetime but sometimes you have to strike while the irons hot and be thankful that when you decide to free up some capital you are doing so with a handsome profit.

8 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Just sold 8oz today @£1260 spot - my first ever sale - money is going towards another investment which unless gold doubles in price in the next few months will be more lucrative . I averaged just under £300 per oz profit which I’m happy to take. It leaves me with a still sizeable stack, which i will certainly be looking to increase over my lifetime but sometimes you have to strike while the irons hot and be thankful that when you decide to free up some capital you are doing so with a handsome profit.

What is this "more lucrative [than gold]" investment you've bought?

I was going to buy gold the other day, then things just didn't seem right so i took a step back for a few days.  IMO its the traders covering there shorts.  Also there are many who will sell now ready for the market to drop so they can buy back in the stock market.