• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 hours ago, Gruff said:

This spike was impressive, I'm sure they'll put it down to a glitch. Be interesting to know who bought and who sold at that level

I know wonga. Hes still buying at the top and shorting it. I reckon hes a London bullion dealer..

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Hi. I too saw the Gold price spike last night at 11pm GMT+1.  Happened at the moment of the Asian session open.  What I find more interesting - apart from the almost immediate retracement - is the not-so-subtle cover up that followed.

For example, if you refer to your trading chart of choice and go to the lower time frames (say 1min or 5 min) you will find a gap. All data between 22:00 and 23:03 has simply been removed. There is no candle(s). The price spike has seemingly been airbrushed from history.

If it was a "fat finger" event that caused the price spike, you'd still see the price spike on the charts. The fact that data has been removed after the fact to conceal it screams manipulation & cover up.

Not true.  Below is the trading view chart which showed a handful of moves for the first couple of minutes.  If you like using BBP rough charts then fair enough, but trading view charts are more accurate.  BBP probably chart their own spread rather than actual trades, who knows, but they were claiming >1900 which we all know is complete horse...  Not to be trusted.  I honestly don't know why anyone uses them but its personal preference I guess to use an app with a basic line graph on it instead of candle info.  

image.thumb.png.263a80ef015734563cd0f0ba6e5a4541.png

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

What if you have some gold, but not lots? Is that bood or gad?

Good question. One 9ct ear stud from your first piercing perhaps.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

Just now, Agaupl said:
2 hours ago, Gruff said:

What if you have some gold, but not lots? Is that bood or gad?

If you own 1oz of gold you own more than the average punter on the street. So I’d say most of us on here would be well above average. .. in gold holdings at least b

What about those of us that just rent from @James32

5 minutes ago, silversky said:

Not true.  Below is the trading view chart which showed a handful of moves for the first couple of minutes.  If you like using BBP rough charts then fair enough, but trading view charts are more accurate.  BBP probably chart their own spread rather than actual trades, who knows, but they were claiming >1900 which we all know is complete horse...  Not to be trusted.  I honestly don't know why anyone uses them but its personal preference I guess to use an app with a basic line graph on it instead of candle info.  

image.thumb.png.263a80ef015734563cd0f0ba6e5a4541.png

And trading view is also free. It’s my go to. 

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, modofantasma said:

The issue is people's definition of a 'pullback' 

To some 2% might be what they consider a pullback... To others it might be 50% some people are saying look it's crashed at 10%.... Is it the amount or the timeframe in which it occurs etc etc 

My simple mind says it needs to go below £1750 to be considered a pullback. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, modofantasma said:

What if we go up to £1950 from here though? Does it then have to drop to £1850 ie £100 drop is a pullback? 

Sorry, at £1950 imma getting treated for a heart attack...underestimating my tiny mind.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip