• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

18 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Not the same weather

Yeah defo, we stayed in the mountains on one of our trips there & it was in the clouds 80% of the time. :) 
Im not really into the sun I prefer the culture (not to mention miles cheaper living & eating costs). 
But its always a short drive if its a bit over cast to anywhere sunny. ;) 

Having said that we went to the beach on the far North side in Feb every evening & it was always lovely. Americas I think?

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Yeah defo, we stayed in the mountains on one of our trips there & it was in the clouds 80% of the time. :) 
Im not really into the sun I prefer the culture (not to mention miles cheaper living & eating costs). 
But its always a short drive if its a bit over cast to anywhere sunny. ;) 

Having said that we went to the beach on the far North side in Feb every evening & it was always lovely. Americas I think?

Las Americas, the place where tourism start in the '60

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

19 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Las Americas, the place where tourism start in the '60

Sorry its called Terrasitas near San Andres a very old Guanchan village - right up the north. 

On topic. I sold my gold stock today thinking it would have a pull back. Doh ;) 
I got 5% & it was only a grand so no bother. 

6 hours ago, katyc said:

I firmly believe many small business owners feel the same as me. We may be small but with a typical VAT +Corp tax + employee tax payouts of 100k+ per year (multiplied by millions of business owners) - followed by less jobs available since we are closing down - means the UK is even more doomed. We are (were) the backbone of the economy (around half the jobs I believe).

And to think it was a CONSERVATIVE gov that pushed us out is the most baffling part of it all!

100% this.

Has gold hit £1700 yet

4 hours ago, katyc said:

All this has been going on for a year or two though. Gold is reacting like that's happened just now....

I suspect it's the growing uncertainty now and going forward, banks, governments, all really incl businesses - they all fear and dislike uncertainty;

couple that with many ongoing Gov't treasuries still buying into gold in the hundreds of tons, plus significant private buyers = Gold touched $2150+ briefly today.

If above $2100 becomes assumed to be an established base, we maybe off to the races 👍

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

It just came out that Russia bought 1,75 billion of military equipment with 2 tonnes of gold last year.

That is 27.212,5$ for an ounce!

That is no indicator, I know, but I think we are so far away from true price of gold it is just ridicolous ...

4 minutes ago, Chronos said:

It just came out that Russia bought 1,75 billion of military equipment with 2 tonnes of gold last year.

That is no indicator, I know, but I think we are so far away from true price of gold it is just ridicolous ...

You don't say what currency the 1,750,000 (using an American billion) is in, but at 32,150.7ozt per metric tonne, then a mere 27.215 'somethings' per troy ounce.
$27 for an ounce of gold? Nah...
I assume we're not talking of a traditional British Billion, as if so, my calculator hasn't enough digits to work that out.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

12 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

You don't say what currency the 1,750,000 (using an American billion) is in, but at 32,150.7ozt per metric tonne, then a mere 27.215 'somethings' per troy ounce.
$27 for an ounce of gold? Nah...
I assume we're not talking of a traditional British Billion, as if so, my calculator hasn't enough digits to work that out.

It was USD and it was 27212,5$ per ounce. I just copied the number from the calculator ...

22 minutes ago, Chronos said:

It was USD and it was 27212,5$ per ounce. I just copied the number from the calculator ...

My mistake, I was using 1,750,000 which is 1.75 million of course, not billion. 😧
Yes, the figure would come out at $27,215.58c per ozt.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

Just came out from where🤔😮

10 hours ago, katyc said:

Poland is a very good contender

You mean Russia

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

32 minutes ago, Chronos said:

🤔no surprises here … Iran was hardly going to give the stuff away🤔I’m sure that wherever Russia stores their gold, apart from a couple of empty pallets, they won’t miss a couple of tons😮😁

1 hour ago, 9x883 said:

£1700 by close of Friday?🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

You get the SuperLove

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves