• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

2 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Has the KC111 proof sovereign been a success?

Its passed me by to be honest but looks a nice coin.

AaaGee

Likely way too soon to say but was certainly available cheaply (in relative terms) at BBP as part of Black Friday deals. Think a crowned portrait in coronation year should do ok in the long term 👍🏼

14 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Thats a great deal, had some right crappy stuff from dealers in the past your experiences may differ. 

I received some utter junk (3 half sovs)from Hatton Garden Metals last year 
Almost black were returned forthwith 
Wish I had photographed them before returning 

7 minutes ago, KRO said:

I received some utter junk (3 half sovs)from Hatton Garden Metals last year 
Almost black were returned forthwith 
Wish I had photographed them before returning 

I’m wondering what BBP returns/swap process is, and how willing they are to rectify issues. Hopefully my proofs are all good and I won’t have to find out lol

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

38 minutes ago, bobski said:

I’m wondering what BBP returns/swap process is, and how willing they are to rectify issues. Hopefully my proofs are all good and I won’t have to find out lol

I have returned a poor proof to BBP before, they were really good about it no resistance at all to the return and very apologetic.
Was a long time ago but given their prices generally I would assume they need to maintain very high customer service levels.  

2 hours ago, 9x883 said:

Thanks.

Just bought a best value Sov. A pity as I really wanted to buy from on here.

Tip for sellers  - Keep an eye on HGM prices. A fair few of us aren't interested in the year. Also include the price for SD in the total.

Edited by BaldyBob
typo

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

4 minutes ago, BaldyBob said:

Thanks.

Just bought a best value Sov. A pity as I really wanted to buy from on here.

Tip for sellers  - Keep an eye on HGM prices. A fair few of us aren't interested in the year. Also include the price for SD in the total.

What did you pay total?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Apart from half sovereigns Atkinsons and HGM have been very competitive recently, although, saying that, even their halves have come back down to a reasonable price. At the end of the day if you don’t ask, you don’t get!😮😮🤔

Edited by Petra
Spell

8 hours ago, Orpster said:

I have returned a poor proof to BBP before, they were really good about it no resistance at all to the return and very apologetic.
Was a long time ago but given their prices generally I would assume they need to maintain very high customer service levels.  

I had the same about 4 to 5 weeks ago with BBP and a return, agro free bar the posting of the item back to them

3 hours ago, James32 said:

What did you pay total?

£383.99 delivered.

I did think about putting up a quick wanted, but it gets awkward if a low feedback responds or you are sent something a bit ropey.

HGM have never sent a wrong un , and I am usually pleasantly surprised.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Just now, BaldyBob said:

£383.99 delivered.

I did think about putting up a quick wanted, but it gets awkward if a low feedback responds or you are sent something a bit ropey.

HGM have never sent a wrong un , and I am usually pleasantly surprised.

Good price tbf including post. @iacabu has some up around that price if you need anymore.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

17 hours ago, Muncle said:

I had the same about 4 to 5 weeks ago with BBP and a return, agro free bar the posting of the item back to them

Same. BBP really do seem to have it nailed in terms of customer service (returns are easy, they make up for mistakes), dispatch times (many people received their 5-coin sov sets within 24hrs), free postage (insert debate here) and accessibility (easy to order, and they accept credit cards) - the complete opposite of some other dealers, so I'm not surprised they are doing well and able to find new customers despite their prices usually not being the best. Which reminds me, why has something I ordered from the place beginning with C on Saturday still not even been dispatched yet? 🤣