• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Vouchers - have you had any, and what did you buy

HighlandTiger

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all seems to gone smoothly today, not like last time!

As a matter of interest, if we hadn't had prior warning via MSE, how would we have known about it? I certainly didn't get any emails or messages on my ebay account.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

It all seems to gone smoothly today, not like last time!

As a matter of interest, if we hadn't had prior warning via MSE, how would we have known about it? I certainly didn't get any emails or messages on my ebay account.

I was going to ask the exact same thing!!!

Stacker since 2013

I was under the impression this Ebay deal was a Facebook thing with the code displayed on their Facebook page, I don't do the Facebook thing so I can't confirm this for certain but that is what I am led to believe - that it's a Facebook promotion and guys have just brought the code to the attention of others.

Made 2 purchases.

Random Sov @£215.95. 1290 Nectar Points worth £6.45. 20% code worth £43.19. 1% Credit Card Cashback worth £1.55 (Part payment).  Final cost £164.76

2012 Sov @£219.95. 1314 Nectar Points worth £6.57.  20% code worth £43.99. 1% Credit Card Cashback worth £1.75.  Final cost £167.64

you forgot the 1% on topcashback :)

you forgot the 1% on topcashback :)

I didn't think of them.  I use Quidco which doesn't have any eBay affiliation at present.  I'm going to sign up with topcashback too in order to increase the range of retailers and the varying % offered.  Could have saved myself another £2 :( 

I didn't think of them.  I use Quidco which doesn't have any eBay affiliation at present.  I'm going to sign up with topcashback too in order to increase the range of retailers and the varying % offered.  Could have saved myself another £2 :( 

I'm thinking of the amount I've spent on ebay in the last year, and I'm convinced that i could have got enough cashback to have got myself a free sov.

aaaaaaaarghh.

I'm thinking of the amount I've spent on ebay in the last year, and I'm convinced that i could have got enough cashback to have got myself a free sov.

aaaaaaaarghh.

Probably not far off it.  I just checked when I last cashed in my nectar points.  It's been 4 months exactly and I had £17.50 which I cashed in last night.  That equates to £35 at 1% with Topcashback giving a total of £135 for the year.

Topcashback also do 4% back on silver purchases from the Royal Mint.

I was going to purchase a 1/4 gold panda from a German dealer and thought I would do well with a no fx credit card. Did not realise that PayPal would imbed their own exchange rate, was working out at £205 with this so I cancelled sale out of principle. I am really not a fan of ebay nor PayPal and this does nothing to help matters. 

Theres a lot of smart guys on this forum, is no one up to starting a rival to these guys?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I was going to purchase a 1/4 gold panda from a German dealer and thought I would do well with a no fx credit card. Did not realise that PayPal would imbed their own exchange rate, was working out at £205 with this so I cancelled sale out of principle. I am really not a fan of ebay nor PayPal and this does nothing to help matters. 

Theres a lot of smart guys on this forum, is no one up to starting a rival to these guys?

I have a credit card that doesn't charge for foreign currency transactions. Although paypal automatically goes to my bank account, I just choose this credit card from the card drop down menu. I have never had a problem doing this. And I must have done it a couple of dozen times on ebay when purchasing items from abroad. I have never had to use paypals exchange rate when buying  from abroad.

As for starting a rival,  (forgive me while I splutter on my cuppa), I'm afraid I don't have the spare couple of billion pounds it would require to even make a tiny dent in either paypal or ebay. You may not be a fan, but you won't find a serious rival anywhere in the near future. 

the mighty google tried to compete with its google checkout this past decade

Launched in 2007 to a throng fanfare of golden trumpets & cheers of the imminent demise of PayPal, sadly it closed it down in 2013 - shame it as it was good while it lasted 

Archived