• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Vouchers - have you had any, and what did you buy

HighlandTiger

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Murph said:

Ebay surely don't like me as I've never had any offers from them in almost 13 years with my current username.

I had this issue a few years ago. I think there's an option / tickbox somewhere where you can opt in or out of ebay messages/offers etc. Perhaps you've "opted out", check with CS if unsure.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 31/12/2015 at 04:53, Murph said:

Ebay surely don't like me as I've never had any offers from them in almost 13 years with my current username.

Same as that,  been a member since 2002 never once had a offer. 

Most probably because I already use it regularly.

Got the FVF offer like everyone - but have not had a straightforward money off voucher from eBay for the past year, despite buying and selling consistently. I think it's a matter of when you are an active user they just take you for granted....

• 3 weeks later...

Had a £15 Ebay voucher yesterday, (if I spent over £75), found a 1912 half sov for £104 delivered, used my £10 of nectar points as well. So only cost me £79. Used my credit card which gave me 0.5% off, and Topcashback with another 1.05% off, which saves me another £1.50 or so, so all in total give or take a few pennies of £77.50

When I bought it last night it was 16% underspot, and a nice little profit if I re-sold at spot of £12.70. However last nights little hike in gold price, has jumped that to £13.40 profit

Wish it was this easy to make money every day. ;)

6 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Had a £15 Ebay voucher yesterday, (if I spent over £75), found a 1912 half sov for £104 delivered, used my £10 of nectar points as well. So only cost me £79. Used my credit card which gave me 0.5% off, and Topcashback with another 1.05% off, which saves me another £1.50 or so, so all in total give or take a few pennies of £77.50

When I bought it last night it was 16% underspot, and a nice little profit if I re-sold at spot of £12.70. However last nights little hike in gold price, has jumped that to £13.40 profit

Wish it was this easy to make money every day. ;)

This time next year.........!

When is a voucher not a voucher.....

On Saturday I received my first ever eBay voucher (member since 2003). 10% off above £25 up to a maximum of £50 discount.

The voucher expired yesterday at midnight, so mid afternoon I purchased a 10 oz 2012 Kookabura from Arshmo2012.

Proceed to checkout, voucher doesn't work.

Ring eBay and am told that although your voucher hasn't expired and remains valid, that promotion has run out of money and there's nothing we can do.

We'll look into it and we may issue the discount to your Paypal account as a good will gesture, but this can't be guaranteed.

Good work all round. :angry:

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

As long as the item is priced in your local currency then you can add to your basket before applying the coupon.  If the coupon doesn't work you can remove the order from your basket.

That's good to know for next time, assuming there is one!

HELP PLEASE.

For the more technically astute, can you please help?

On ebay mobile under the "Postage, returns and payments" section there is s message; "£10 off your purchase when paying with PayPal.  Discount does not apply to P&P"

Great news.  However, when I am on ebay.co.uk via Google Chrome, there is no sign off the discount.  Why is this?  What can I use the voucher for? Can I use it once?

I bought a pair of shoes on Friday and I am kicking myself that I might have been able to use the voucher for these!

Any help you can give me to sharpen myself up will be gratefully received.

8 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

HELP PLEASE.

For the more technically astute, can you please help?

On ebay mobile under the "Postage, returns and payments" section there is s message; "£10 off your purchase when paying with PayPal.  Discount does not apply to P&P"

Great news.  However, when I am on ebay.co.uk via Google Chrome, there is no sign off the discount.  Why is this?  What can I use the voucher for? Can I use it once?

I bought a pair of shoes on Friday and I am kicking myself that I might have been able to use the voucher for these!

Any help you can give me to sharpen myself up will be gratefully received.

I used this a month or so ago to take a tenner off a £17 silver Britannia, IIRC when I did the the order on the mobile site it automatically brought up the £10 offer.

Archived