• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Vouchers - have you had any, and what did you buy

HighlandTiger

I have a credit card that doesn't charge for foreign currency transactions. Although paypal automatically goes to my bank account, I just choose this credit card from the card drop down menu. I have never had a problem doing this. And I must have done it a couple of dozen times on ebay when purchasing items from abroad. I have never had to use paypals exchange rate when buying  from abroad.

As for starting a rival,  (forgive me while I splutter on my cuppa), I'm afraid I don't have the spare couple of billion pounds it would require to even make a tiny dent in either paypal or ebay. You may not be a fan, but you won't find a serious rival anywhere in the near future. 

I only have my credit card registered with PayPal however it went straight to applying their own exchange rate. I will have another look if there is ever a next time.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have my credit card registered with PayPal however it went straight to applying their own exchange rate. I will have another look if there is ever a next time.

I think you have to tell Pay Pal to charge your CC in the purchase currency otherwise they always convert first.  I can't remember where the option is located but it is there somewhere.

the mighty google tried to compete with its google checkout this past decade

Launched in 2007 to a throng fanfare of golden trumpets & cheers of the imminent demise of PayPal, sadly it closed it down in 2013 - shame it as it was good while it lasted 

It was that good, I'd never heard of it until I read your post. :rolleyes:

the mighty google tried to compete with its google checkout this past decade

Launched in 2007 to a throng fanfare of golden trumpets & cheers of the imminent demise of PayPal, sadly it closed it down in 2013 - shame it as it was good while it lasted 

There were a few competitors to paypal in the early days but once ebay decided to link closely with PP, insist on a PP option being available and then to take them over, it was goodnight vienna for any of the others, I have used a couple of others namely Moneybookers (now skrill) and Neteller for moving money around for other purposes but while ever ebay closely allies to them, there's no room for anyone else in the mainstream online payments game.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

You change that in paypal when you reach the 'Confirm your order' section.

In the middle you will choose 'Payment method' which CC you want to use.

You will see a text like 'PayPal Conversion Rate as of sat 24 oct 2015:',

under this there is a link 'Other conversion options' klick this and there you have 2 boxes to choose from, first is clicked in and for paypal exhange rate, the other is so you can be charged in sellers currency.

Topcashback - does anybody know exactly how this works with eBay. Do you have to link when placing a bid or when paying (or both)?

With all the cash back sites, you need to visit the shopping site via the affiliated link they display for the purchase to track.

Who else is waiting for their bullion by post ebay order?

I'm suprised that their dispatch message stated that they only provide a tracking number when the parcel is over £250(?) (unsure on the amount).

I'm not worried but it's a bit slow not arriving by now.

They probably ran out of stock and had to get some more in from HGM:D

Who else is waiting for their bullion by post ebay order?

I'm suprised that their dispatch message stated that they only provide a tracking number when the parcel is over £250(?) (unsure on the amount).

I'm not worried but it's a bit slow not arriving by now.

yep, I'm still waiting.  :(

I have sent an Ebay message now, Asking when when the sovereign will arrive and that I want a Sovereign. I will give it a few days.  

On Ebay they are still selling Sovereigns so its not that they have sold out of them.  

I have sent a message back informing them that I have not received the item giving them a chance to sort it out, if by the time I come home tomorrow night they haven't I will escalate it to the resolution centre.   

21 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I only got one of mine today.  Someone else who ordered another for me hasnt had it arrive yet. 

BBP  dont seem to threat their ebay customers as well as those who buy on the site.  It was always next day delivery - but then Ive not used the site for a while.

I got mine within 48 hours

So they don't use RM special delivery then?

Is it parcelforce 'cos their drivers are a shambles. I've lost count of the number of parcels I've had that have been doorstepped and some scrawl put in for an alleged signature. I'm still waiting on the settlement of one from May that the driver seems to have "lost". The reason for the delay is that it's from Germany and DHL are a shower when it comes to these things apparently. In this case, parcelforce have told me they've admitted liability but it's DHL that has to pay out the comp!

2 hours ago, Pipers said:

They've given you my tracking number. The personal details are a relative of mine.

I have a total chain of evidence including a paypal receipt, eBay order confirmation and a BBP dispatch notice as well as the money withdrawn from my bank account. It was dispatched on the 22nd and arrived on the 24th (I posted in this thread when I bought it).I suggest you check with BBP to get your ACTUAL order code. Delete the personal info.

I've also sent them a scathing PM on eBay. 

15 minutes ago, Ares said:

They've given you my order code. The personal details are a relative of mine.

I have a total chain of evidence including a paypal receipt, eBay order confirmation and a BBP dispatch notice as well as the money withdrawn from my bank account. It was dispatched on the 22nd and arrived on the 24th (I posted in this thread when I bought it).I suggest you check with BBP to get your ACTUAL order code. Delete the personal info.

What are the chances eh?. It seems that the entire customer base of BBP must frequent this site as well. :rolleyes:

Archived