• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be refuse to send my order?

Kleiner

Have I bought from them directly NO.

Have or DO I use other companies, YES ON A REGULAR BASIS 

Some have restrictions, T&C'S  but none of the company's I use allow you to make the deal or complete the sale without funds in place. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, savoyard said:

For the sake of truth, I wish to know if this forum is in any way affiliated with goldsilver.be, in terms of either ownership or sponsorship or whatever else. This is the only forum that has recommended this dodgy bullion dealer, and the amount of unrequested apologists on their behalf is alarming and disconcerting. 

Hi folks - I've resisted commenting on this thread but for the sake of many loyal members and the good standing of this Forum isn't it time we ended all the mud slinging ?
When someone accuses a main supplier of being "dodgy" in the public domain ( remember all of this is open to the world ) this could be treated as defamation with serious consequences.
Whilst I can see there is a problem with communication and its content on an individual purchase it does not automatically brand a supplier as stated especially when many other forum members, myself included, have placed multiple and sometimes substantial orders with GS.be and had very good service and especially good prices.

The forum is an excellent platform for sharing experiences and comments and it is good to know that sometimes things don't go to plan, what happens and what traps to avoid. Fellow members lend support or criticism so we are helping educate and assist others but please be careful in making blanket comments without substance as it can only do more harm than good and let's not destroy this forum as some of the earlier comments, mostly by people who probably have never used GS.be, just stir things up as if a game.

I bequest a moderator to close this thread down immediately.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hi folks - I've resisted commenting on this thread but for the sake of many loyal members and the good standing of this Forum isn't it time we ended all the mud slinging ?
When someone accuses a main supplier of being "dodgy" in the public domain ( remember all of this is open to the world ) this could be treated as defamation with serious consequences.
Whilst I can see there is a problem with communication and its content on an individual purchase it does not automatically brand a supplier as stated especially when many other forum members, myself included, have placed multiple and sometimes substantial orders with GS.be and had very good service and especially good prices.

The forum is an excellent platform for sharing experiences and comments and it is good to know that sometimes things don't go to plan, what happens and what traps to avoid. Fellow members lend support or criticism so we are helping educate and assist others but please be careful in making blanket comments without substance as it can only do more harm than good and let's not destroy this forum as some of the earlier comments, mostly by people who probably have never used GS.be, just stir things up as if a game.

I bequest a moderator to close this thread down immediately.

I agree, close... it should still be visible.

I would mind that at all. If the single person as you have mentioned had not acted unprofessionally by employing backhanded tactics and using abusive and threatening language there would be no real issue at all. When you are in business you are rewarded by your profit margin your not doing it out of the good of your heart. Being a consumer and being a business are two VERY different things and the two have to act accordingly not only because laws dictate it but because it's expected. the Wild West has come and gone

9 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

I would mind that at all. If the single person as you have mentioned had not acted unprofessionally by employing backhanded tactics and using abusive and threatening language there would be no real issue at all. When you are in business you are rewarded by your profit margin your not doing it out of the good of your heart. Being a consumer and being a business are two VERY different things and the two have to act accordingly not only because laws dictate it but because it's expected. the Wild West has come and gone

Excellent comment.

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

The defense against defamation is the truth, so in that sense it's probably okay.  If you LIE and it causes harm, that's defamation, but if what you said is true, whether it harms them or not, it's not defamation, at least that's my non-lawyerly understanding of it.  So as long as people don't exaggerate and/or lie then it is what it is.

Imo the op has acted improperly. Not paying the original bill and by opening this thread before a resolution to the problem had been found. Without having all the information i find it difficult to come to any sensible decision on fault.

As for gs behaviour was the communication written in french or german and translated to Hungarian and onto English for the forums benifit? Lots can be lost in translation. Maybe just what was written. 

3 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

As for gs behaviour was the communication written in french or german and translated to Hungarian and onto English for the forums benifit? Lots can be lost in translation. Maybe just what was written. 

Pretty sure not sending rest of order is same in any language 

21 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Imagine someone from Atkinsons acting this way, it wouldnt be tolerated.

Why should another comapny get away with it just because they arnt in the UK.

Absolutely agree! As long as we are seeing all the correspondence (who knows what else has been said). Otherwise its just like fb where only selected screenshots are shown from one side and opinions/judgments are all based on that!

32 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

They wouldn’t.

3 hours ago, morezone said:

The damages bill should have been issued way back when the order was cancelled.  The OPs revised order was for 9k so we know the minimum order amount so €390/9000 = 0.043%.  The original order was for more so the damages bill is probably for the movement in price from the time of ordering to the time of cancellation.

390 is 4.3% of 9000. They do not say how they calculate their damages but 4.3% of an order of 9000€ appears excessive and arbitrary.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, StackemHigh said:

There's countless times their communications have come under fire,I don't think you can blame it all on translation problems.they really are just that rude and mean what they say lol

1 hour ago, danmc82 said:

I had some coins i wasn't happy with from atkinsons awhile back,they replaced them all and the customer service was excellent :)

Guess they could have said,it's just bullion piss of :P

I would drive to them and shove it where the sun doesn't shine if that was a responce I got. But they don't do that, nor do bullion by post, silver trader, Bairds etc. 

I honestly think that we could just wait for a group order. OR.  Pass on a letter of authorisation to @BackyardBullion to try to resolve. HOWEVER  I am not sure he would want to get involved, but he does have some pull considering our buisness we provide them. 

Pls less than 165 days for Brexit

When looking over something like this my concern as a buyer lies ultimately in how GS.be have chosen to handle this. The OP was unquestionably in the wrong with how he handled the first order. The order shouldn't have been put in at all if there was uncertainty over there being funds to cover it. GS.be was completely in the right to pursue damages resulting from having to cancel the order. How they have chosen to deal with that though is the problem for me. By not making a request in any way for damages and instead waiting until a second order is put in then holding those goods as ransom against damages suddenly made up but not explained is completely unacceptable - adding the way this has all been communicated makes it even more unacceptable.

I am a buyer who might spend the equivalent of £500 to a maximum of maybe £1000 at a time. If this is how they treat customers who place orders in the many thousands of Euros what confidence does that give me as a prospective customer spending significantly less? It is shameful behaviour on the part of GS.be and really shouldn't be tolerated or defended. The OP clearly screwed up but that in no way excuses the way GS.be have chosen to react to this.

5 hours ago, savoyard said:

For the sake of truth, I wish to know if this forum is in any way affiliated with goldsilver.be, in terms of either ownership or sponsorship or whatever else. This is the only forum that has recommended this dodgy bullion dealer, and the amount of unrequested apologists on their behalf is alarming and disconcerting. 

I have done my fair share of promotion of GS.be on this forum as part of the group orders. For the record I am not affiliated or sponsored by them in any way, nor do i have a secret persona as Eva, Christine or David 😉

I don't really understand why you are alarmed and disconcerted about people defending and/or apologising for them - why should people who have had no issues with them not share that for the greater understanding of both the OP and other observers? Are our opinions and experiences not as valid or important? This is a big thread and I may  be wrong but I am 99% sure all those who have defended GS.be have also expressed that their communication skills and attitude were unacceptable in this case. I know I have said that and I have also been saying that for the last 18 months, it was of the reasons I worked so hard to bring the European Mint on board as an alternative bullion dealer for the group orders.

This is not the first time that dealers have been defended and it won't be the last - I really don't understand why people have issues with this and automatically jump to conclusions....

I have and will continue to use (as well as support where appropriate) GS.be as they have always done a fantastic job for me as a customer. I have placed over €60,000 in the last 18 months for the group orders and never had issues with the ordering process, payment or their customer services.

I have even tried (unsuccessfully) to negotiate further discounts for forum members and to also get some promotional discount codes like I have with other dealers (EU mint, powercoin etc.) They were very polite and respectful in their reply and explained that their margins were too tight to offer any further discount from their listed prices. 

All that said, I would be the first to share and moan if they did something like this to me. Ultimately it is an individuals decision to order with them or not (with the group order or not too). 

28 minutes ago, jonrms said:

I honestly think that we could just wait for a group order. OR.  Pass on a letter of authorisation to @BackyardBullion to try to resolve. HOWEVER  I am not sure he would want to get involved, but he does have some pull considering our buisness we provide them. 

If there were any issues like this to arrise from the group orders I would take point in trying to resolve them, there is no formal contract between the buyer and me other than the terms I set out on the threads I post. Those T&C's I post are not going to stand up to scrutiny by any means and are more of a framework for a gentleman's agreement. I would hope to do my best to resolve issues as I have done with a number of people here on the forum when they have had missing or incorrect items - each and every time we have resolved these issues to the customers satisfaction. 

Also, I have always said in any of my group order threads that GS.be have communication issues, they are not known as a good company for that. But, what they do do is offer the cheapest metals out there and deliver consistently. 

It makes no difference to me whether people order with GS.be of EU mint, but one thing is for sure, it will be interesting to see the split between the two companies and whether many (if any) people order items for more from EU mint when the dual group order is open.

Will you all put your money where your mouths are, or will the allure of cheaper prices win the day!?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

43 minutes ago, sixgun said:

390 is 4.3% of 9000. They do not say how they calculate their damages but 4.3% of an order of 9000€ appears excessive and arbitrary.

You are you are right. 4.3% is excessive. 0.4% would be more inline.  

5 hours ago, savoyard said:

The fact that this topic is open shows they have no ties to them either way. Everything is transparent 

This topic has filled quickly. Good points on both sides. My conclusion would be that yes, buyer was not really proper in this, but the reaction of gs.be sucks big time. I mean come on, be professional about it... Everyone think what you want about it, order with them, or don't, if you don't agree with this style..

I think enough is said about it, let's wait for the topicstarter to see where it goes, and let us all watch out that these kind of things won't split our community in multiple camps, or worse, ends in a fight online... Not worth the hassle imo..

8 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

On a lighter note 

Who's got my 10 ounce Queens beast lion??????????

At this stage I'll be quicker getting one from Africa..( A real lion )

Sharing is caring  show a brother from a different mother some love.

You really want that 10oz haha

Archived