• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be refuse to send my order?

Kleiner

For the sake of truth, I wish to know if this forum is in any way affiliated with goldsilver.be, in terms of either ownership or sponsorship or whatever else. This is the only forum that has recommended this dodgy bullion dealer, and the amount of unrequested apologists on their behalf is alarming and disconcerting. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, savoyard said:

For the sake of truth, I wish to know if this forum is in any way affiliated with goldsilver.be, in terms of either ownership or sponsorship or whatever else. This is the only forum that has recommended this dodgy bullion dealer, and the amount of unrequested apologists on their behalf is alarming and disconcerting. 

I think it's  more of people getting the cheapest price and that probably won't change until people get their fingers burnt that things will change and at that point no doubt there will be 20-30 people saying well we told you so.

9 hours ago, airmac said:

Doesn't it make any difference that the bill only suddenly gets issued after witholding goods and threats of lawyers? Or is that irrelevant?

Of course its relevant, retrospective billing only after complaint is poor practice and looks like extortion. Maybe acceptable in Belgium court but i doubt it.  Screams of back peddling on an already appalling handling of the situation.  No fees in T&C, no fee until days after second order. 

2 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Of course its relevant, retrospective billing only after complaint is poor practice and looks like extortion. Maybe acceptable in Belgium court but i doubt it.  Screams of back peddling on an already appealing handling of the situation.  No fees in T&C, no fee until days after second order. 

It is definite extortion I belive the words went something like pay the damage or you will not see the rest of your order

The owner sounds royally peeved, that's for sure. In worst case he'll threaten to raise a defamation/libel suit for slander and loss of income because of this thread. Try to settle asap and walk away.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

The owner sounds royally peeved, that's for sure. In worst case he'll threaten to raise a defamation/libel suit for slander and loss of income because of this thread. Try to settle asap and walk away.

It not deformation if their is proof of what he actually has said and that is in black and white

43 minutes ago, savoyard said:

The forum does not have any affiliation with GS.be.  A lot of members do use them because 1) they're pretty much the cheapest overall 2) They allow vaulting of multiple orders.

The damages bill should have been issued way back when the order was cancelled.  The OPs revised order was for 9k so we know the minimum order amount so €390/9000 = 0.043%.  The original order was for more so the damages bill is probably for the movement in price from the time of ordering to the time of cancellation.

Why was there a need to modify the original order?  You mentioned you didn't have the funds in place because you didn't sell the watch but 12 days later you said you had €60,000 left to spend on PMs.

I see both parties in the wrong.

1 minute ago, Silverhunter said:

@morezone wasn't it backyard that said he had spent 60 k with them? Did the op say this as well?

The OP mentioned in another thread that he was emptying his bank account and converting to PMs.  At this point he'd already bought several monster boxes of silver and was looking to use the remaining €60k on gold and was looking for suggestions. This was dated 31st July so not long after his original cancelled order mentioned here.

As has been said before , i think alot is lost in translation , its no excuse i suppose. Whenever i contact them i try to make the text as easy for them to translate / read as possible. Saying that, I think its been handled badly by both sides. 

Ive made 32 orders with them and the only problem i had was a cracked capsule which i emailed them about and it was sent in my next delivery. I cant fault them at all , in fact im really impressed with the service ive had.

Like morezone says we use them because of pricing and the vaulting is also very handy.

2 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

.. of the party airing the grievance on social media for leverage ? or holding money for leverage ?

I don't think the o p was attempting to gain any leverage in this case by "airing" this as the vendor is not a mamber of this forum openly. I think is was just asking for views or advice. And as an active business with common sense you would expect any actions like this to be in the public domain. This is one of the reasons why groups like the silver forum exist just as the silver forum PROMOTES THEIR PRODUCTS in the group orders the flip side of the coin are posts like this one that DETRACTS from their service.

6 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

I don't think the o p was attempting to gain any leverage in this case by "airing" this as the vendor is not a mamber of this forum openly. I think is was just asking for views or advice. And as an active business with common sense you would expect any actions like this to be in the public domain. This is one of the reasons why groups like the silver forum exist just as the silver forum PROMOTES THEIR PRODUCTS in the group orders the flip side of the coin are posts like this one that DETRACTS from their service.

I'm curious if you would feel the same way if a business came on here and started talking about problems they were having with their customers.  And yes, it is basically the same for some of these small businesses, many of the bullion dealers are only one or two people, and in this thread you're literally talking about a single actual individual.

20 hours ago, Kleiner said:

Hello guys,

I am not sharing all these pictures with you because of some ridiculous reason. 
Rather I wanna show you how bad this company (GoldSilver.be) treat their customers.

This is really sad, I wish it never happened, because I had some good experience with them from the beginning.
This company is nothing but Russian roulette. I don't even need to convince you.

Have a nice weekend all of you. I am gonna keep you updated, if you want.
Klainer

NY.png

I will now REFUSE to use with or without the Group order any thing from this company.  If you want to be "technical " you have a 14 day cooling off period. Distance selling regulations. 

Because it's Physical and delivered they can not legally claim it to be anything else.

Alsi that language,     I want GS.BE to writ s formal apology to you and if others back me the Group. Or to He77 with future orders. 

Unacceptable,  and HIRRIFIC customer service

2 minutes ago, jonrms said:

I will now REFUSE to use with or without the Group order any thing from this company.  If you want to be "technical " you have a 14 day cooling off period. Distance selling regulations.

Have you ever placed an order for bullion ?  I don't know this business or their practices, but for most financial assets, including precious metals, their trade desk locks the order in at a price, and if you don't pay for it you get penalized.  It's like buying stock or bonds, prices keep moving.

I'm trying to figure out how I ended up on the other side of this argument lol, that wasn't my intention.

I've been skimming through this thread with interest especially as a new user of gs.be (a couple of orders in the last month or so).

Firstly i hope the OP and gs.be come to some amicable agreement and this matter gets sorted out OK. Loads of rights & wrongs on both sides from changing/cancelling orders, confusing t&c, no details of the damages after cancellation, very bad/offensive vendor communications and folk being put of from ordering from the dealer.

From my point of view for my future orders:

Firstly, buying PM from anywhere, i treat exactly the same as buying any other financial instrument (shares, spreadbets, cfds, s&s isa funds), i have the funds in place beforehand and know exactly what i want to buy. A lot of places make this easy because you deposit your money into the account prior to purchase otherwise you cant buy (RM bullion etc). Now if you have made a mistake and dont want to continue, once you have authorised the deal (placed the order), the only way out is to sell back and off course you will incur costs (the spread, fluctuation in price over time, re-stock etc).

wrt Goldsilver. Will i purchase from them again? Probably yes! Maybe a bit more wary though. Like with everything i  buy, i will do my research and look to buy from the dealer that offers the best price, quantity,  shipping and quality of goods. I can bet my bottom dollar in the future this research will most likely end up with me having items in a gs.be shopping cart. As long as i have the funds in place, the shipping address is correct i will place that order. I hope like my other two orders, the only communication i have to deal with from the vendor is the automated ones they send out! Maybe i'm putting myself into a possible future "i told you so" scenario. But as @morezone has pointed out sometimes they are the most cost effective dealer of certain PMs around. In the end PM stacking is accumulating goods at value. Like betting on the horses you dont just take the odds of the first bookie, you go onto odds comparison sites etc and find the best odds you can for the horse you want, because in the long run it pays off!

Just my two 50ps worth!

Archived