• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

@Numistacker. How about sourcing some American gold coins for us lot?

I would be a buyer.

What would you like? The problem as with any coins is buying with no or known problems. I am getting better with recognizing defects but take $1 ... They are close to impossible to find with no problems raw.. All the good ones have been found ))

e481777422aa49abb1fd126091c7ba3c.jpg

6b6d25efba546c62b0d7db213eca8882.jpg

Take these two... Very rare the 1887 has only 7500 minted compared to 2m for 1853... I paid 240£ in an auction and slabbing was $50 as the dealer bucks coins said it was double die.. I paid 15 for variety grading but no double die.

The 1889 is less rare but still rare and was the last year they were made. It graded as used on jewellery but with the variety double die..

I paid 125 and got a good deal on it and 50 for slabbing with the variety.

The eBay listing said uncirculated and it is but used on jewellery means it's worth 30% less.

I the other hand i was lucky with a couple of $5 Liberty heads and an eagle

51aa09495ba9dc1994a804635d59baf8.jpg

c9487756ad252086d84459dea4ac87e6.jpg

19c27e82e9999b0e50e83e7beb01fb6a.jpg

It seems a bit of a lottery..

Interested in the sovs NS, if you wish to sell. Cheers

The two old head are not bad. The young head has been polished. I don't think they are worth grading but they are fine as regular Sovs. They are on eBay on 24 hour auction to see if there is any interest. If they dont sell I'm happy to do a deal with you. Edited by Guest

The two old head are not bad. The young head has been polished. I don't think they are worth grading but they are fine as regular Sovs. They are on eBay on 24 hour auction to see if there is any interest. If they dont sell I'm happy to do a deal with you.

Yes, I saw them on eBay.

Drop me a PM if they don't sell and we'll come to a deal.

Stacker since 2013

@Numistacker. Absolutely the Indian heads. Five and ten dollar.

I'm surprised they would slab coins as improperly cleaned and removed from jewellery.

If you look at heritage and great collections auctions 70% of $1 and $3 coins are details graded!

Numi - while I like the look of that $1 gold 1851 O , it was an expensive 1.7g of gold - I got up to £100 in the bidding, but that was my limit!!!

I have never had anything graded , and I see the risks (and costs). Thanks for sharing your experiences !

Numi - while I like the look of that $1 gold 1851 O , it was an expensive 1.7g of gold - I got up to £100 in the bidding, but that was my limit!!!

I have never had anything graded , and I see the risks (and costs). Thanks for sharing your experiences !

I overpaid and yes 155 less 5 nectar is 150 and is worth 30 melt )) but these are very rare coins and the o is worth a premium.

On the down side ...

ec5a56bb7d36573fef9e5e39b944db55.jpg

It's not in good condition but looks uncleaned.

I bought a $5 in an ANACS slab graded at AU58 and I thought it looked good for a 58. The price was ok because it was in an ANACS slab and because it was a 58 and I bid for it at Great Collections.

25a82bef88f56377fa46e8518ef8580c.jpg

When I eventually got it back to the UK I de stabbed it which was fun and then sent it for grading.

This is the result..

3c8dd98e96788e7d95d17bb7dd83565a.jpg

2 grades higher ... almost unc to mint state...

As I said some gain some lose....

Edited by Guest

I like most things sci-fi and Star Wars is a great theme.  Unfortunately the silver coin was expensive and the gold was hideously expensive so not the wisest of purchases.  Sometimes you just have to splash out on things you like.

post-94-0-43511600-1442244537_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-79453300-1442244540_thumb.jpg

I wonder if those interesting scratches were proving it's real gold, to a previous owner or someone he was showing it to ...?

*sniff*

History, that is.

I guess we will never know )))