• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

I have a few proofs with marks on, maybe I will try this with a half sovereign I only paid bullion price for and see how it turns out 

Do you just dip it in the soapy water then some clean water? or do you leave it in the soapy water for a bit

Thanks 

I squirt washing up liquid directly onto the coin and then rub it in gently with my thumb.  Then rise it under a running tap while gently rubbing again.  Finally I hold the coin by the edge and blow it with compressed air to remove the water.

I squirt washing up liquid directly onto the coin and then rub it in gently with my thumb.  Then rise it under a running tap while gently rubbing again.  Finally I hold the coin by the edge and blow it with compressed air to remove the water.

A slight improvement on this would be a final rinse in distilled or deionised water before drying. Certainly worth it in hard water areas.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Mrs Numistacker received some pickups in the USA on my behalf .. Glad to see the post office took care of things and kept them safe while I was gone.

1f02b0003e1aa2b6be5b8aeb7e539a53.jpg

A set of Lunar 1 halves

adbfdc3741e14d7f03b2b90396d7eb6c.jpg

A special special silver eagle

c17f574874741bd62b224b3b60f99080.jpg

Some wins from great collections

bf39df15efedd5cc735d37a7aa940bfe.jpg

A proof 1/10oz gold eagle

0e988d40aa1f3889616aebe761735682.jpg

An Isle of Man cupro nickel cat crown proof (250 minted!)

Sorry about Mrs. Numistackers photography!

Update on the dollar ... This is how it came....

bab2e3a51aeef8e8c5b4447a1a1be0fb.jpg

aa67c57d95e106c5e00a62551a8cf753.jpg

But i got out my...

7ccce6007f43894ab0ba280101afcff5.jpg

And after 3 minutes....

30e9612d1147de4b4c2e3457a22b17b2.jpg

So I now have :

82f1b09fe51055d16b456fb3b926c4f8.jpg

1ab923d8be523293fde979b8e5b21e60.jpg

And it looks in better condition than I first thought...

6% over spot + postage from Chards.  I was expecting an opened/used one and was surprised when it came sealed.  I was hoping to put it into a capsule with the rest but now I'm undecided.

Decided to crack it open but in order to remove the coin, the inside sleeve had to be damaged.

post-94-0-85386600-1437469392_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-10183900-1437469397_thumb.jpg

Mrs Numistacker opened a package for me in Florida... Her photography skills leave a lot to be desired!!

3860017b361d6cca29000684c4f85383.jpg

A $1 and $5 from NGC with CAC sticker and a $5 in ANACS slab I will break out and have graded by NGC.

Received my 6 coin set from Arshi today (thanks Arshi). First one of this type I've seen and my initial thoughts are confirmed: the 1/20th is too small to be a coin and the 1/40th is just plain ridiculous.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Like the Britannia side but the queen looks old

I think her first portrait was very nice, if I were her I would of just said never mind updating making me look old, just have me at my best forever. 

slide_406952_5092692_free.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation