• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Exactly , how can they prove it if they just left it in a porch ? I was in as well, they dìdnt even ring the bell to see if I was in , I was upstairs and I heard the porch door slide open which set my dogs off so I came down to see who it was and the postman was already down the street. Any other day there would have been no one in so it would have been sat there all day and anyone who came to the door would have seen it and could have it away

Exactly , how can they prove it if they just left it in a porch ? I was in as well, they dìdnt even ring the bell to see if I was in , I was upstairs and I heard the porch door slide open which set my dogs off so I came down to see who it was and the postman was already down the street. Any other day there would have been no one in so it would have been sat there all day and anyone who came to the door would have seen it and could have it away

Spoke to postman about this the other day, he said that the contact is with the sender so if you don't get it they claim, it has to be signed for and if the postman signs and gets found out it's a dismissle offence. Mr dead may know more

Defo a potentially sackable offense if the postman signs for a customers item, the PDA also records the GPS location of the signature so it can be checked it was signed for at the delivery point.

The postman is correct, the contract is with the sender and if the item is not received they must submit claim for loss.

This week is also "dog awareness week" so a postman opening sliding doors to deliver items with dogs on the premises is not a good start, they are only supposed to deliver mail to the first point of deliver, if that fails there is a big drive on deliver to neighbour and if that fails a P739 card to collect item.

Edited by mr-dead

there is a big drive on deliver to neighbour

Not a fan of that. Who is responsible to deal with the situation if the neighbour keeps it?

The post office is worse though.

I wonder how many people don't go just to avoid the upselling. There can be a queue out the door but they think it's good customer service dragging out every transaction trying to sell life insurance. They might think that they are trying to increase business whilst at the same time they are losing mine and probably that of others.

The royal mail delivered a proof 1989 half sov to my neighbours...and didnt tell me, no card...was not impressed!

Frightening! What if you didn't get on with your neighbours?

Note to self don't throw a sicky to meat the UPS driver,they sent me an e-mail at 5pm they cant deliver my 10oz Goat till tomorrow.If my boss don't pay me for this one that's the profit gone from precious metals i might as well throw in the towel. What a cock up.there was supposed to be someone in today but they had picked up some work last minute  sods blinking law. 

The boss gods gave me there Karma.

Can you not have deliveries go to work?

I tried to change it to my work yesterday,but i had to register with UPS and they are sending me confirmation of I.D. in the post and it will take 3 days.

In future i will get my STG parcels sent to work.

My boy has left school and was at home for the summer till collage starts so i thought i was safe.But he picked up some work,he had to take it bless him.So i thought sod it i'l throw a sicky i get paid usually but you never know.I did not want to have a day off i would rather go to work i had things to do there.That'l teach me.

I tried that UPS code shenanigans and it wouldn't let me change it mid delivery due to restrictions put on by the sender. I may have missed something but I think only STG can redirect in transit but only up to a certain point.

I think your right,it has to be re-directed on order from STG.

Today was a bumper day of unboxing having come back to the office after the hols..

95cb1531374b19a7eb5d86db9e4a3fc9.jpg

1/2oz Lunar 1 proof dog

b17e1cbb40c561e5f282a81ec3749155.jpg

Seated Liberty dime

Early farthing

$1 1854 859'000 minted 2,500 estimated survivors

$5 1906 nice condition

2013 proof sovereign

4a6d324feb066714344d2ec7fb08c3c3.jpg

Couple of Silver Kennedy halves 1964

This just arrived from China.

a42c2ee30645eeaf85da7daa1fa8f4c6.jpg

b8d9a1cecbd26cd4810916a9e6b26a3b.jpg

Is it real?

What is it?

What's it made of?

Bought for 0.01p plus postage

I believe they call it the Fatman dollar. (Yuan Shih Kai dollar)  It should be made of silver.

This just arrived from China.

Is it real?

What is it?

What's it made of?

Bought for 0.01p plus postage

The Fat man dollar continues to be a heavily counterfeited coin.  Have you weighed it?  Need to look at the coin edge too.  I have a few, but have also bought an excellent fake from a very well known coin dealer on ebay.  He accepted it was indeed a fake and gave me a full refund.  How much did you pay for it?