• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 minutes ago, Rich99 said:

Was going near HGM today so decided to stop buy to get a lucky dip sov over the counter. Opened an account and was pleased to be presented with a minty fresh carded 2004 full Sovereign. Great start to the day :)

Edit now I see photos I realise the rim is dented! I have all the luck! :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Rich99 said:

WP_20161103_17_24_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20161103_17_23_48_Pro.jpg

8 hours ago, michael86uk said:

after thinking about it i decided to phone them and said what was up with it and the lady apologized and said to send it back, i did ask her if i would be guaranteed a replacement and she said yes but i forgot to ask her to email me that tho. It seemed to me like that dot nnear the neck was missing the frosted proof bit like it wasn't stamped properly if that makes sense? i looked at it under a light and when i tilted the coin i could see the spot was shiny just like the mirrored background. anyways i sent it off a little while ago hopefully dont have to wait too long to get the replacement.   @gazer  let us know how your is.

I would call them back to get an email sent to you confirming that you will be sent a replacement coin and also ask if the defective coin is being melted and a new one being minted to keep true to the official mintage figures while you are at it. It would be bad if they send that defective coin out to someone else.

Asking questions about these types of things makes them aware that these things are being noticed and is better than providing general feedback.

Edited by Oldun

17 hours ago, gazer said:

I received mine today, after reading your writing about the coin I will now check mine carefully. THANK you for the heads up. ? I have just took a good look at your coin and seen the spots if after checking, they are definitely spots get it back to the Mint. I have to wait until I get home to check mine. Hope yours are not spots good luck.

I had to have a check up last night but will let you know what mine is like about 12ish.

IMAG0881.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

17 hours ago, gazer said:

I received mine today, after reading your writing about the coin I will now check mine carefully. THANK you for the heads up. ? I have just took a good look at your coin and seen the spots if after checking, they are definitely spots get it back to the Mint. I have to wait until I get home to check mine. Hope yours are not spots good luck.

I had to have a check up last night but will let you know what mine is like about 12ish.Checked now the coin they sent me, looks ok pictures uploaded. what do you think. let me please when you get your new coin back. cheers.

Thanks for the message, I just checked and I found that in the presentation box there is a layer of black velvet which  particles gets onto the capsule drives you nuts as clean bits away, then some more bits gets on the capsule. But must admit that the box and packing is excellent. PS my pictures don't do the coin justice. ?

13 minutes ago, prophet800 said:

2017 sovereign came today and it looks great. Wish it was the colour of old sovs but never mind.

Also a comparison with last year's proof, more detail on Liz but less on George.

I didn't have a full G&D sovereign to compare it to, but with having the edge design it makes the g&d really small in comparison doesn't it

More half sovereign looking than full 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Kman said:

I didn't have a full G&D sovereign to compare it to, but with having the edge design it makes the g&d really small in comparison doesn't it

More half sovereign looking than full 

I must admit I thought it looked a little on the small side, an optical illusion I guess as I'm not going to measure it ?

Thanks for the message, I just checked and I found that in the presentation box there is a layer of black velvet which  particles gets onto the capsule drives you nuts as clean bits away, then some more bits gets on the capsule. But must admit that the box and packing is excellent. PS my pictures don't do the coin justice. ? I will double check thank you.

8 minutes ago, prophet800 said:

I must admit I thought it looked a little on the small side, an optical illusion I guess as I'm not going to measure it ?

At first glance when I got mine without anything to compare it to, I did actually check the cert to see it didn't say half sovereign lol 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Try and upload more better photos. I took you excellent advice. Took a very long examination and found the coin is without any issues, my photos make the coin look awful. Many  thanks for your help, very much appreciated. ? PS please inform me if you still see problems with the coin. my thanks.

IMAG0890.jpg

IMAG0885.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0888.jpg

Try shining a simple torch across it from the side. It may help when you take a photo? Usually works for coins out of a capsule. Not sure if in a capsule but give it a go ? Or buy one of those clip on magnifiers that go on a smartphone or tablet? I sometimes use the torch with a simple loupe but may end up getting one of the clipons myself.

Something like this http://www.nordfrim.com/magnifiers-lamps-and-microsco

Edited by Oldun