• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

19 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Think that looks a lot better in photos than the mint images 

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised, it's much better in the hand, I'm still puzzled why it's only available from bbp, so far I can only find 500 available (450 at bbp and 50 from a private German dealer) but expect more will appear in the coming weeks and will probably a few quid cheaper as well

Just now, slack said:

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised, it's much better in the hand, I'm still puzzled why it's only available from bbp, so far I can only find 500 available (450 at bbp and 50 from a private German dealer) but expect more will appear in the coming weeks and will probably a few quid cheaper as well

It’s quite the saga. Very nice coin. I wonder if BBP do Australian postage 🤔

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, TheShinyStuff said:

Worth buying rather than a sov now yoy have it in hand? I can't make my mind up, can't do both at the minute!

It is very good in hand but I wouldn't want to sway you either way unless you can grab one of these now due to the unknown mintage and see your way to pick up the sovereign in the coming months, best of luck which ever way you go

8 minutes ago, slack said:

It is very good in hand but I wouldn't want to sway you either way unless you can grab one of these now due to the unknown mintage and see your way to pick up the sovereign in the coming months, best of luck which ever way you go

I have nothing to back this up but I just can’t see this being a really low mintage. I suspect most have gone to the USA or elsewhere and will pop up from other UK dealers soon. Total guess from me, I may well be wrong. (Lower than the Sov though). 
still a very nice coin mind. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

I have nothing to back this up but I just can’t see this being a really low mintage. I suspect most have gone to the USA or elsewhere and will pop up from other UK dealers soon. Total guess from me, I may well be wrong. 
still a very nice coin mind. 

I agree, very unlikely to be a low mintage, it's just a mystery for the moment 

6 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Postie has been.

Slight damage to both coins and its identical on the 2. Sad as my eye is drawn to it. Bullion is bullion is bullion is bullion......

20230707_115107.thumb.jpg.ecd190593369215b39322cf190dcf680.jpg20230707_115115.thumb.jpg.4f953fe5ae41828a78946757d5c7638d.jpg

Annoying on silver but if my gold turns up like that it's going back 🤷‍♂️

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Just now, AaaGee said:

Yep, im looking at buying a brit/sov at the end of the month. Hopefully itll be in better condition.

I've got 5 ounces coming so I'm expecting that at least a couple are going back. To get 5 in a row mint condition I'm pretty sure is unheard of from RM 🤣 I know it's "just bullion" but then why the £160 premium! They can give me good ones or refund the 160!! Lol

6 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

I've got 5 ounces coming so I'm expecting that at least a couple are going back. To get 5 in a row mint condition I'm pretty sure is unheard of from RM 🤣 I know it's "just bullion" but then why the £160 premium! They can give me good ones or refund the 160!! Lol

Do they even take refunds on bullion? 

Aaaahhh😉

48 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Thanks Atkinsons. The best kind of Friday delivery!

9120E392-00EF-403C-93C6-04BCDC36F999.jpeg

Mine are still apparently stuck in 'processing order' status, so you're a lucky duck!! 😉

Two parrots were sitting on a perch. One said “can you smell fish?”

3 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Do they even take refunds on bullion? 

As far as I know, any purchase can be returned within 30 days. Buyers rights

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

Thought I saw on T&Cs it wasn’t. But I’m not 100%

Depends if they want my foot up their arse or not then I suppose 😆

13 minutes ago, Stuh said:

Yep, Distance Selling Regulations apply (https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses), as long as you spend at least £42 (random, I know), so you have plenty of legislative cancellation / return rights, even if they say you don't!

My understanding is it’s basically like FX. So money for money so it didn’t count as paul said. I once exchanged £ for €. Walked away and found it was all €50 notes. I turned around and asked them to change some for lower denominated notes, they said they couldn’t as it was money laundering. They’d given it to me 1 min before. 🤷‍♂️

I’d be interested to know the RMs bar for what they call a damaged or faulty bullion coin. I’m sure someone has experience of this. I had an entire tube of silver Brit’s milkspotted on arrival and didn’t think it even worth complaining as ‘bullion is bullion’. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

13 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

No such right with bullion. You can, however, get faulty coins replaced or refunded.

It'd only be replacement and even if I have no legal right, it'd be very bad form to deny it. Any business that respects their customers would accept an exchange