• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 12 August 2016 at 18:45, morezone said:

2003 1/10 Brit from Atkinsons.  Still mint sealed so very happy with that as it was unexpected.

2009 & 1987 1/10 Gold Panda

1986 1/4 Gold Panda.  This is a half blind purchase.  €30 cheaper than the next dealer and €70 cheaper than OMP.  Quite happy with it and the original owner did have it in a different capsule which I've now replaced.

To house my OMP Pandas a nice hand made oak box.  Bit of an extravagent purchase but Gold Pandas so deserve it.

2016-08-12 12.09.28.jpg

2016-08-12 12.11.52.jpg

2016-08-12 12.12.33.jpg

Lovely coins and a serious bit of woodwork there @morezone! So is the box designed to keep the OMP for the Pandas? For someone who likes capsules that is quite a commitment!, or will that box have a tray for your caps as well?!?

Like the Hungarian korona as well.  

@Lindeman If the Panda is OMP then it's going into the box.  If it's in a capsule then I'll recap it into an air-tite and will go into an album.  But if it's a capped 1oz then it'll be recapped and will go into the world bullion box.  Most of my Pandas are capped because I just buy whatever is the cheapest but if the difference is small I'll get OMP.

On 8/16/2016 at 12:52, prophet800 said:

My first YH half sovereign and I like it a lot.☺

CSC_0246.JPG

CSC_0247.JPG

That's in much better condition than any YH half I've ever had

Details look really nice 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

A few more that landed in the usa

c2d076cc45f8de2e70112a20d19645a2.jpg
Apmex reverse proof britannia set

e5b3a9c9cdc4fbdc94dda810d796aa7f.jpg
e7cca580364ffdb08a607a1d26511dbc.jpg
Centennial Dime

88e328acccf2df789422eed2a34d413d.jpg
7f69e091204c9b95040dfda5f6a96707.jpg
2016 7 Coin Libertad Proof Set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Numistacker said:

A few more that landed in the usa

c2d076cc45f8de2e70112a20d19645a2.jpg
Apmex reverse proof britannia set

e5b3a9c9cdc4fbdc94dda810d796aa7f.jpg
e7cca580364ffdb08a607a1d26511dbc.jpg
Centennial Dime

88e328acccf2df789422eed2a34d413d.jpg
7f69e091204c9b95040dfda5f6a96707.jpg
2016 7 Coin Libertad Proof Set

The Libs are gorgeous! You must be loving them. I know people are into this year's Brit proof but she looks a bit out of proportion to me. Maybe it's my eyes...

The Libs are gorgeous! You must be loving them. I know people are into this year's Brit proof but she looks a bit out of proportion to me. Maybe it's my eyes...

Others have said that but I think she is better in the flesh.

3 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Aren't they always... wait, are we still talking about the same thing? :D In seriousness though comparing to the bullion coin I got today they don't quite seem to match. She appears more elegant to me on the version to hand.

Compliments on your taste re the Merc too. Seems slightly odd to me that they went with a 1/10th oz version... why not just make them of the same dimensions as the much loved silver coins? Density issues I suppose in terms of getting it to match size wise, but they could have made it 90% like the original if it helped. Would (could?) have been cheaper to the consumer. I know, I'm being a pedant. I'll probably get one anyway when I can free up more cash. Thanks for sharing.

Aren't they always... wait, are we still talking about the same thing? [emoji3] In seriousness though comparing to the bullion coin I got today they don't quite seem to match. She appears more elegant to me on the version to hand.

Compliments on your taste re the Merc too. Seems slightly odd to me that they went with a 1/10th oz version... why not just make them of the same dimensions as the much loved silver coins? Density issues I suppose in terms of getting it to match size wise, but they could have made it 90% like the original if it helped. Would (could?) have been cheaper to the consumer. I know, I'm being a pedant. I'll probably get one anyway when I can free up more cash. Thanks for sharing.

The Dime is cool but I'm looking forward to the other two more. the dime is a little small for my liking.

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

The Dime is cool but I'm looking forward to the other two more. the dime is a little small for my liking.

US mint release date for the gold Liberty quarter is Sep 8 with a mintage of 100,000 and a household limit of 1.  This will be a crazy release.  The big bullion dealers will have there hands full trying to get any quantity on these.  Let's see what happens.

4 hours ago, morezone said:

Everyone 's favourite droid in 1/4 gold.  Not purchased the 1oz silver yet but is on the list for when I next make an order.

Also picked up my new mouse mat to replace my old manky one.

2016-08-18 12.08.20.jpg

2016-08-18 14.24.51.jpg

The R2 looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine. Best looking coin so far in a great series.