• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

I buy quite lot of arshi. He is just brilliant and price wise I can't complain at all

i wasnt prying into your buying mate , what you or anyone else buys is nowt to do with me 

i just wonderd if mr arshi had i web site or some such to look at . it was an honest question young fella nothing more

my 2013 and 2014 panda  can anyone tell me please if i have the original airtight    id say the coin has some movement within the capsule a sort of not a perfect fit ,, and around the edge is a sort of small semi circle with a flat top  where you can open it   like an eye lid shaped cut out

Edited by craig12

my 2013 and 2014 panda can anyone tell me please if i have the original airtight id say the coin has some movement within the capsule a sort of not a perfect fit ,, and around the edge is a sort of small semi circle with a flat top where you can open it like an eye lid shaped cut out

I think the genuine panda capsules have three little dimples inside to keep the coin from moving around.

Stacker since 2013

Took forever but they finally came.

Worth the wait MZ! This was your £917 libertad, correct? May I ask where you sourced it, as I am still looking...and now that spot is lower (after you bought, of course!) - I may jump in.

• Founder & Administrator

@morezone Nice purchase on the gold ele there! I still haven't bought one yet, but those are probably my most fav gold coins! When I have more disposable income I am definitely going to start collecting the ele's. Beautiful coin!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Worth the wait MZ! This was your £917 libertad, correct? May I ask where you sourced it, as I am still looking...and now that spot is lower (after you bought, of course!) - I may jump in.

It was.  Worked out a £4 less due to a small drop but a little gutted that it has dropped so much since my purchase.  It doesn't actually make that much difference in the grand scheme of things since I hope to never have to sell them but still, money is money.

http://www.kettner-edelmetalle.de/

Got it here.  I was going to buy them last year just after the major dip but the dealers which I was hoping to buy from were sold out.

Are you impressed with ele?

It's a nice enough coin but I'm not a fan of shiny finishes.  I prefer either matt/frosted or a mix.

I'm going to think out loud for a second..

If I said I have a fantastic investment opportunity for you, it requires no skill, no knowledge, no research, no effort on your behalf really, all you need is a little bit of cash to get in on the gravy train.. sounds dodgy no? all too easy

Well hellooo precious metals and more specifically silver stacking lol

I don't see pure bullion silver as a good investment, nor gold, I see them as a good place for a nest egg

The money I invest is into things that actually take some research, skill, knowledge and effort

Now the above is just talking about pure bullion, not numismatic stuff, there are definitely opportunities in the collectible side of things. 

I just think a lot of people fool themselves into thinking precious metals are the ultimate investment, they aren't. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@ kman I agree with you,

like on everything in life you can make money out of everything. But how you said

Investing in right thing is very important.

I personally buy gold to transfer my fiat money,what I would spend it on stupid things.

I see it more as saving then investment.

I buy bit of proof sovereign as investment.

I am happy when I can sell my in 20 years and still can buy the things what I could buy today with the value of gold per ounce.

Edited by K_theepan

Similar to K_T above, I buy PMs to save rather than to invest, and chose it above other methods of saving because of the protection it offers against a monetary collapse.

I had money sitting in a bank account which I didn't foresee myself needing any time soon and pretty much earning zero interest, so PMs seemed a low risk way of diversifying my savings, and as a bonus it has actually turned out to be rather addictive fun :)

This is how I see it ( at the moment anyways, plenty time for revision )

I could put my fiat( actually it's a vw )into highly collectible gold and silver, have no interest in it and deprive real collectors from a potential prized purchase. Plus side I could flip in 6 months to a couple of years and make a healthy profit.

However I foresee/expect a real SHTF scenario before this decade is out for well publicised facts, stats etc and In this situation I can see no value in holding numismatics/ collectible coins as like bullion, they will be worth their weight in gold/ silver only pretty much. I would be devastated to trade in my prized proof coins for bullion value in these circumstances. I do wonder if this scenario ever crosses collectors minds? That said If I had a more positive view of the future I am sure my strategy would be different.

Like I say this is my current view however I am open to others points of view and am more than open to the views of others who are more knowledgeable in this area than I. My gold stack currently consists of mainly Britannias and sovs, this is a hedge against capital gains tax, should I ever be in that bracket. If this was not the case I would consider different world coins, at bullion prices, to add a bit of variety. My silver stack, I add semi numies to hedge against the status quo in 3/4 years time to sell and add bulk to my stack. I believe there is a lot of knowledge required in attempting to get your PM strategy on track.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Everything has a value,whether it reach's the value of your expectations is another matter.Yesterday i had a very nice lady i know who is in the house clearance business come to my house and buy everything that i had collected and stored away in my garage and loft for such a time as i needed a bit of cash from her.

In this hoard of stuff was action men,dolls,bric-a-brack,garden things,kids stuff,old TV's,magazine's anything that looked car bootable that was thrown away from my place of work,anything that was offered to me (do you want this?) yes thank you,i added it to the junk stack.I got £180 for a load of old chit.

What i am trying to get at is what ever we stack be it metals (which i have a loads of scrap chit too) or junk,it all has a value,horses for courses.I even have a man coming round this afternoon to pick up a load of firewood i sold.

The trick is the relevant price you pay ratio to selling the item,If it is a flipper item like a panda you know what it costs and what you would like in return and would try and sell it as a collectible, that's the right exit plan,but you would not put it in the bullion bucket unless you wanted shot of it real fast,but it still has a value all be it less,

Everything is worth something,but in my experience everything looses money from the original price if you can come out ahead selling something you have done very well.

Stuff is a store of wealth.Even a store of cash looses money with inflation, the poxy interest rates we are getting at the moment.IMO can not keep up with it.

Stuff is king.it is how much you can get the stuff for is the trick.

You can stack anything and get a return.

My apologies this post was off topic.

Edited by SilverPirate

the best way to become a millionaire out of pms is to start off a  billionaire lol 

You made my day . That s exactly how I feel since December. One good thing is i don't waste my money on thing i don't need,

Once i paid for a purchase of  pms , I start looking for the next one . I would never imagine it this would be so adictive 

Edited by K_theepan