• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

How is that even possible after three attempts. Almost convinced this is someone else's return 🤔 

Probably is. There is nothing technically stopping them.

I might dig out my pics of the first set I sent back...

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

4 hours ago, James32 said:

How is that even possible after three attempts. Almost convinced this is someone else's return 🤔 

I have always wondered if they do this or not. 

Aaaahhh😉

6 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

2024 Tudor Beast Dragon - Proof and Reverse Proof 1oz Silver

We have been here before.

I sent back the first set.  I was almost satisfied with the second set, but they still had a few marks here and there I wasn't happy about.  So I sent them back.  I almost wish I hadn't...

The third set is even worse.  😭

Proof

image.thumb.jpeg.874e487032c31b1f4efbb0b503779ce0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f768f69ad3ee2d08cc001e31c27415fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d0c33ff551bfb9add628bc318d332e6.jpeg

Reverse Proof

image.thumb.jpeg.e69c10355c3eb0986acbfcf8a37d840c.jpeg

2024_0515_222939_026.thumb.JPG.d5df1219286268cbfa0b2c7615c27013.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.9786384b628dcb70020a2ff918a93e5c.jpeg

Back they go.

That is simply outrageous  & totally unacceptable, you'd have thought after sending two faulty sets back they'd have made doubly sure to send a perfect set back.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

7 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

2024 Tudor Beast Dragon - Proof and Reverse Proof 1oz Silver

We have been here before.

I sent back the first set.  I was almost satisfied with the second set, but they still had a few marks here and there I wasn't happy about.  So I sent them back.  I almost wish I hadn't...

The third set is even worse.  😭

Proof

image.thumb.jpeg.874e487032c31b1f4efbb0b503779ce0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f768f69ad3ee2d08cc001e31c27415fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d0c33ff551bfb9add628bc318d332e6.jpeg

Reverse Proof

image.thumb.jpeg.e69c10355c3eb0986acbfcf8a37d840c.jpeg

2024_0515_222939_026.thumb.JPG.d5df1219286268cbfa0b2c7615c27013.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.9786384b628dcb70020a2ff918a93e5c.jpeg

Back they go.

Does it look bad without the magnification 🤔

15 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e840e62dece1344e991165da5788ce7d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.086e2b68310fb50e4ab6693077cfe23b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.771555a0ebe5c32228bbfe97350c5606.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.156beda68e7d3063b6035ad5e968fb91.jpeg

I feel that we are all expecting standards from the Royal Mint that they are incapable of achieving.

They should able to fulfil this requirement, but it is possibly the standard of the management on display here in all it’s miserable glory 😑

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

8 minutes ago, DavePa said:

Another coppery goodness sent from @arphethean. Thanks very much A !

These will be put to good use later in the year. 

Dave

20240516_090420.jpg

20240516_090349.jpg

I love these copper rounds,  the fact that they have the same standard of detail is fantastic, pity that the gold ones are unavailable 

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

4 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

However, sometimes those Swiss cheese holes line up, and you get a run of bad luck.  Like this.

Therefore, I believe they are capable of doing better.  And that's why it is frustrating.

I mostly agree. But it's not bad luck. Its bad production, bad QC and ultimately shyte service from our friends at RM, who as you say, are living off a name and reputation created by their forebears - which they are currently destroying.

3 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I mostly agree. But it's not bad luck. Its bad production, bad QC and ultimately shyte service from our friends at RM, who as you say, are living off a name and reputation created by their forebears - which they are currently destroying.

Sounds exactly like Boeing. At least the Royal Mint products aren't so safety critical!

Just now, TheShinyStuff said:

Oh I agree.  I didn't mean luck for them, I meant luck for us.  If their processes are currently only capable of producing acceptable coins 40% of the time, then it's a matter of luck whether a consumer receives a good coin or not.

My guess, from outside the system, is that they are working to perverse incentives.  They are rewarded based on x% of rejects vs what goes out the door and (maybe) y% being returned. So it benefits them to let things go out the door to a lower standard, and accept that only a very small percentage of customers will examine them and reject them.  Financially that makes far more sense, short term.  From our perspective, the QC department should be incentivised on how much they reject, in order to protect their reputation in the long term.  But someone has deemed that too expensive.

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

2 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Also I'd never be able to fit a 787 in my deposit box!

What's the SD on that?

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

What's the SD on that?

Need to check the weight.

51 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Also I'd never be able to fit a 787 in my deposit box!

Does it come with doors?

Edited by Brit2023
grammar

3 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Paying a significant premium for a brand new product, shouldn't you get something that is as good as it can be?

Apologies for being disagreeable but am conflicted on RM expectations. Im with you, obviously no one want poor quality coin all scratched up then sneezed on! however if RM got their terrible together and delivered perfect PF70 examples would that not defeat the point of grading? certainly lower the premium for a PF70 if most graded that well.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Apologies for being disagreeable but am conflicted on RM expectations. Im with you, obviously no one want poor quality coin all scratched up then sneezed on! however if RM got their terrible together and delivered perfect PF70 examples would that not defeat the point of grading? certainly lower the premium for a PF70 if most graded that well.

Defeat the point of grading - in what way is this a bad thing?

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.