• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Have we started to see the end of the sub £400 sovereign?

16 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

I think the 1700s is the new normal now. I can’t see sovereigns going for below 400 anytime soon. 

Things are changing rapidly this year! 

You could be right. There are a few coins I'm after that are a bit rarer. Goodness know how it's going to affect their price. Sad times for purchases.

5 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I remember about six years ago I was upset I missed out on a sub £200 sovereign!

I remember it flipping over the £200. I had a few Iron's in the fire at the time and funds had other directions to go rather than gold. Would love to have gotten more back then. Well to be fair, it would have been nice to have had more at the £300 mark. If sub £400 has gone I wonder if and when we'll get to the £500 a sovereign.

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

In similar vein it was the first time I paid over a fiver for a sandwich the other day?

Did the sandwich change?

Did I enjoy it ? Yes :)

was it worth a fiver ? Negotiable

did the price of ham or bread go up relevant to the quality of the sandwich? 

OR was it the unit of exchange in between that changed that made a simple sandwich 🥪 over a fiver ? 

£5 for a ham sandwich, crazy times.  

Never Chase and Never Regret 

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

In similar vein it was the first time I paid over a fiver for a sandwich the other day?

Did the sandwich change?

Did I enjoy it ? Yes :)

was it worth a fiver ? Negotiable

did the price of ham or bread go up relevant to the quality of the sandwich? 

OR was it the unit of exchange in between that changed that made a simple sandwich 🥪 over a fiver ? 

In my day...you could of got a loaf of bread ( uncut, sliced wasn't invented yet ) and a whole pig for £1

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

In my day...you could of got a loaf of bread ( uncut, sliced wasn't invented yet ) and a whole pig for £1

Sovereigns were still a £1 to ?? 

Just now, ZRPMs said:

The good old days when sovereigns were a £1

You were 2secs quicker typing than me lol 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

It had coleslaw in it, and green stuff in it to called 'salad' I'm lead to believe, that Scottish and north west folk like @GoldDiggerDave are allergic to 

I think that why it was so dear ££

Fancy southern ingredients 

Those from the Home Counties only eat lettuce and drink Perrier water.

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

a whole pig for £1

You dating up north?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, James32 said:

Bit of a stretch...

I'll have to concede. @Paul will be alright. My GCSE's weren't great I did get a pass, but it was a hall pass for the loo.

Just now, ZRPMs said:

I'll have to concede. @Paul will be alright. My GCSE's weren't great I did get a pass, but it was a hall pass for the loo.

Fun fact..I was vote top of class to end up in jail first 😆 🤣 I was just misunderstood you see.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Bookmark this thread for next year and five years time

Will we be moaning at £400 a sovereign? 

( Asking for a friend) 😕 :unsure: ?

Where is Wonger by the way