• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Have we started to see the end of the sub £400 sovereign?

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Peddling dodgycoin

FTFY

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

I think so, yes. With premiums a little tight at current spot, I think if gold does pull back a little (say circa 1650) then the sovs remain around £400 with additional margin made on the sale

Edited by JamesH

I was like that sub £200 a sovereign

I ended up buying fancy posh super shiny pf70 gold in plastic coffins in later life 

Just now, ZRPMs said:

As someone on here is quite fond of saying. TO Da MOOOOOOON

Wwwhhhhoooooooo!!!!

49 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bookmark this thread for next year and five years time

Will we be moaning at £5 Ham sandwich

( Asking for a friend) 😕 :unsure: ?

Never Chase and Never Regret 

Has the premium increased on the more premum (bullion) sovereigns? Modern and old.

Edited by AaaGee

17 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Has the premium increased on the more premum (bullion) sovereigns? Modern and old.

Privately it's roughly spot to make sales for bog standard bulliion

Lots of sellers on the street for melt pot goods 

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@ZRPMs should have said are we about to see the £800+ proof sovereign and 1/4oz gold proof.

.. and £900 for a sotd?

Problem for the mint is that they've already reached a saturation point with the proof price. If they keep on increasing the price even less people will buy. But that means their margins will suffer. Either way they will see profits cut.

Just because the gold price has rocketed doesn't mean incomes gone up at the same rate.

Edited by Olivard

🤔😮dealers prices are only going one way due to what they are having to pay/will pay to get stock in🤔🤔😕

2 hours ago, Paul said:

How much a pint is this ?

( Asking for a friend )

About £15, but I'll do you a deal at £13.50 a pint. Mates rates and all..

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

37 minutes ago, Petra said:

🤔😮dealers prices are only going one way due to what they are having to pay/will pay to get stock in🤔🤔😕

I checked the sovereign prices in town today , for the last five years or more his sovereigns have been priced at £450 each 😆 one of these days they will be under spot 😂 

Edited by Midasfrog

1 hour ago, AaaGee said:

Still some good deals out there . I saw ten very nice Victoria Shields sell for £410 each a few days ago . They were gone quickly though someone took the lot 

24 minutes ago, Gruff said:

About £15, but I'll do you a deal at £13.50 a pint. Mates rates and all..

How much !!!! :unsure: 🙄?

I could get an Oz of silver for that pric  in a few years time 

If I trade my beans and TV license fee money in 

40 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Still some good deals out there . I saw ten very nice Victoria Shields sell for £410 each a few days ago . They were gone quickly though someone took the lot 

Were those bought by Sovereign Saurus?  That guy seems to have all the shields and seems to get them a bullion prices.

Was he ever on this forum?

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

3 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Were those bought by Sovereign Saurus?  That guy seems to have all the shields and seems to get them a bullion prices.

Was he ever on this forum?

They were picked up by a dealer. 

Yes Sovereign Saurus is a regular forum member 👍