• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Have we started to see the end of the sub £400 sovereign?

5 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Were those bought by Sovereign Saurus?  That guy seems to have all the shields and seems to get them a bullion prices.

Was he ever on this forum?

Sovereign saurus is 🥁 🪘 🛢 🥁 🪘 

£50 in unmarked note's and ill tell you.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Were those bought by Sovereign Saurus?  That guy seems to have all the shields and seems to get them a bullion prices.

Was he ever on this forum?

He has a different name here. Shhhh. I think it's something like giphy.gif Clark Kent

Just now, Aldebaran said:

At one point in 2006 Gillicks were £65 🥳🥳🥳🥳😁😁

I do remember in the 80s. Going into a pawnshop in the town with my gran and she bought one in a mount and necklace for £36. I have it now and the receipt. Was passed to my mother then handed down to me.

5 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

I do remember in the 80s. Going into a pawnshop in the town with my gran and she bought one in a mount and necklace for £36. I have it now and the receipt. Was passed to my mother then handed down to me.

Can do £50 posted...obviously that has sentimental value built in.

I'm after some of the pre Victoria sovereigns. I know its going to be painful in the pocket and can't see them moving lower much any time soon.

Just now, ZRPMs said:

I'm after some of the pre Victoria sovereigns. I know its going to be painful in the pocket and can't see them moving lower much any time soon.

William Wallace?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, James32 said:

William Wallace?

Nah Not in to those Scottish ones. They keep trying to break out of your pocket with a small cry of FREEEDOM

Edited by ZRPMs

13 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

1818  Deeply mirrored with a full proof impression of the dies and reddish gold toning 

Screenshot_26-3-2024_232643_www.thetyrantcollection.com.jpeg

9 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

1818  Deeply mirrored with a full proof impression of the dies and reddish gold toning 

Screenshot_26-3-2024_232643_www.thetyrantcollection.com.jpeg

My 1820 George III don't look like that. It pretty circulated. It's acceptable but at £665 at the end of last year was no where near spot. I did manage to pick up an 1826 George IV for £450 the back end of last year but it's a bit worn. So far my 1838 Victoria has been the most painful to buy. But, yep, The rest are certainly quite a bit over spot.

17 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Local pawn shop selling a gillick at £400 yesterday...today £425.

What's a good deal now for a shield back sov?

Last few I picked up ranged between £420 to £450, But with the price going goodness knows where. I would have though for a good one we're pushing towards A little north of that. Can't believe I'm saying this. 

3 hours ago, Dankanugget said:

Local pawn shop selling a gillick at £400 yesterday...today £425.

What's a good deal now for a shield back sov?

That’s a great price from a pawn shop😮😮🤔

27 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I offered them spot + post but didn't get a reply 😆 so it's still sitting in the Tyrant collection gathering dust.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear lord, To answer my own question, the sub £400 sovereign has gone. My record keeping for this year is now complete. Although I have bought quite a few of the rarer and more expensive sovereigns this year. My average cost per sovereign for the ones bought this year comes out at £917.70. Thankfully my overall average is at £387.06. I am looking to get a few more at the lower end but from here my £ cost average I think is only going to go up.

On 26/03/2024 at 23:00, Aldebaran said:

At one point in 2006 Gillicks were £65 🥳🥳🥳🥳😁😁

Wish I started with sovereigns back then 😭🤣

Can’t see sovereigns going below 400 anytime soon. It’s the new normal me thinks.

Just got back from the local guy. His are £448. and he said he can't get enough. He offered a little discount for a few (£438 for 10+) but I had to pass for the time being. Just checked and they are cheaper at Atkinsons.