• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2024 Britannia proof range

Hmmm I kind of like it.  Bought the 2 coin reverse proof set.  These seem to consistently hold their value and the different finishes are a nice presentation.  I have a few different sets from over the years.

just noticed the sets are now unavailable…….not bad, one day sellout.

Edited by Sc391

I love the design!  Very modern.  I like how the circularity of the helmet continues through to the wave.  Nice!

I ordered the 2 coin proof/RP set.  Should look great in hand.  I usually prefer 2 oz. coins, but this set looks too good to pass up.

Absolutely hanging out till the end of the month for a 1oz Silver Proof

Car decided to cost me a ton of money yesterday so hope there are still a few for sale by then.

Not the best design but, too me, not unappealing.

Ordered the 2 coin set as these always sell out quickly and seem to hold their value.... Lucky i logged on to TSF this morning or i would never have known these were up.

On another note - the Lion & Eagle bullion ouncers landed today. Very quickly despatched and well packaged and riddled with milky badness (i would say spots but these are more like splashes). Looks like i will be force-toning these at some point. 🙄

Interesting thing the RM did for its UK customers.  I am in the U.S. and don’t get an e-mail when a coin is released.  If I go to the RM website, it asks if I’m shopping from the U.S.  if I click “yes”, it takes me to a different launch page and won’t give me access to the new release.  I’ve learned to work my way around that initial location query page.  I understand the need to give preference to U.K. customers, but I’ve been a customer of the RM for many years.

6 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Interesting thing the RM did for its UK customers.  I am in the U.S. and don’t get an e-mail when a coin is released.  If I go to the RM website, it asks if I’m shopping from the U.S.  if I click “yes”, it takes me to a different launch page and won’t give me access to the new release.  I’ve learned to work my way around that initial location query page.  I understand the need to give preference to U.K. customers, but I’ve been a customer of the RM for many years.

I'm from Canada and I got the Royal Mint email this morning at 4:23AM ET.

5 minutes ago, SilverPlatinum said:

I'm from Canada and I got the Royal Mint email this morning at 4:23AM ET.

Part of the Commonwealth, I guess!

i get e-mails from the RM, but not when a new coin is released.

2 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Glad I bought one set this morning 😀.

It's unavailable now:

image.thumb.png.17315ad354cf94f4e0a4245838ad18bf.png

It’s currently reserved.  It’ll probably be back to available when some of the reservations fall through.

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

It’s currently reserved.  It’ll probably be back to available when some of the reservations fall through.

Honestly friend, nobody in the UK is being given favourable treatment by the RM.

Every link seems to take you a different selection, finding stuff is difficult and the e-mail usually arrives after the thing you want is sold out.

I missed out on the 2-coin set as the RM decided today was the day they needed me to submit personal documents before I could buy anything (despite having an account manager) and then didn't get round to reviewing them.

1 hour ago, Shinus73 said:

Honestly friend, nobody in the UK is being given favourable treatment by the RM.

Every link seems to take you a different selection, finding stuff is difficult and the e-mail usually arrives after the thing you want is sold out.

I missed out on the 2-coin set as the RM decided today was the day they needed me to submit personal documents before I could buy anything (despite having an account manager) and then didn't get round to reviewing them.

Sad indeed.  I’m finding that often the dealers are the way to go.  However, being in the U.S., I prefer buying from the RM whenever possible because they deduct the VAT from the cost.

he he he - i can guarantee that the UK does not get preferential treatment. I NEVER receive the e-mail notifications. Every time i log on to my account the notifications are switched off. I then switch them back on again only for them to default to 'you are currently opted out of notifications' as soon as i log off. As for signing up for a particular release - again, i never receive the notification. Horrendous site.

I basically use TSF as my source of information.

Ordered today 2-coin set, only 1 was available, and now again "Currently reserved", so possibly some more will be available in future.

Got my 2-coin set today.  Just magnificent!  The design and detail are great.  There’s even a spray of bubbles coming off the waves.  Nicely done.  Love the side-by-side contrast of the two proof finishes.

On 19/03/2024 at 21:11, JeffM said:

Got my 2-coin set today.  Just magnificent!  The design and detail are great.  There’s even a spray of bubbles coming off the waves.  Nicely done.  Love the side-by-side contrast of the two proof finishes.

Come on let’s see the pictures for those undecided. 😉

3 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5379.jpeg

Not too sure about this one, however, it is better than the one that has the horse with flippers for hooves. 😮🤔🤔

6 hours ago, Petra said:

Not too sure about this one, however, it is better than the one that has the horse with flippers for hooves. 😮🤔🤔

How dare you criticise one of my ‘Britannia’ designs & previous avatars! 😁 (Just joking)

This latest one looks as if she’s Victoria Beckham pouting, and sniffing for cocaine in the sea spray!

Bring back Arnold Machin I say.

IMG_0382.jpeg

Edited by Britannia47

11 hours ago, Pm1987 said:

Come on let’s see the pictures for those undecided. 😉

Im decided but have already committed to a sovereign with my money for next month. Hopefully ill be able to squeeze a 1oz silver proof out too.

I like the design wholeheartedly.

Edited by AaaGee
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/03/2024 at 08:32, Petra said:

Or the 1989 Sovereign that looks like a Cocker Spaniel is on the throne……