• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, HyHy said:

Mine arrived from Westminster... Coin arrived nicely in the capsule but already seeing milkspot on the coin =...=

@HyHy Just watched a YouTube video mentioning this. How bad is it? I have found a whiteish mark on one of mine very faint could be milk spot.

Just above the number 7?

image.jpeg

My two replacements arrived well packaged in a large box with the balloon type padding. Inside the coin boxes both capsules were packed in bubble wrap so both coins still inside the capsules this time. One looks good enough I think to try grading so all in all I'm happy with the replacements.

I received mine yesterday thanks to the generous procurement by a forum member. ;) Both boxes were still sealed. One coin was outside its capsule and looks a little banged up. The other one is far from perfect, too, but I'll keep both anyway because they're still gorgeous even with their slight "scars". When I take my glasses off, they look perfect. :lol: My kids will look at them some very distant (I hope) day and wonder what tumultuous times the coins must have been through. :D

Wow, I was starting to feel bad that I'd missed out on this one but just reading through the issues you all have encountered, I think I'll admire this one from afar.  BTW, this is laughable IMO...Modern Coin Mart has PF70s for sale but they require you call to inquire about purchasing one with no price given on the site.  That in and of itself says "out of my price range".

Wow, I was starting to feel bad that I'd missed out on this one but just reading through the issues you all have encountered, I think I'll admire this one from afar.  BTW, this is laughable IMO...Modern Coin Mart has PF70s for sale but they require you call to inquire about purchasing one with no price given on the site.  That in and of itself says "out of my price range".

They are asking $995 for that ...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

I sent back 5409 and 7060.

6410, 6662 and one more I forgot to take the number of are going back today for replacement. I've requested the capsules are packaged separately as wisely advised by two members here.

My new ones235785d8d8bdf76703f450fcb3a25f25.jpg arrived like this. Totally different state from the first ones.

I am very pleased with the efficient manner in which CPM dealt with my returns and refunds.

I fell they were most anxious to sort this out for me and I do feel disappointed for them that the QC issue of these coins from the mint has really spoiled what should have been a momentous issue.

This being said, if you have ended up with a nice coin then that should make it all the better!

For me this had been a great learning experience and thanks to all the forum members who helped with their great contributions to this thread.

Thanks to CPM for the professional way they helped to sort this out, I just wish I had a nice coin in hand!

[mention=2849]Mariner1961[/mention] Is there a photo in your post? I can't see it on PC. I was very glad to read your delivery was much better [emoji4] Fingers crossed!
[mention=699]Oldun[/mention] What puzzles me is how such a high percentage of the NGC grades are 70s?!!

Tried to post but there must be a problem with pics coming from my phone. Essentially it just showed the coin nicely wrapped so the previous issues couldn't happen again.

[mention=2849]Mariner1961[/mention] Is there a photo in your post? I can't see it on PC. I was very glad to read your delivery was much better [emoji4] Fingers crossed!
[mention=699]Oldun[/mention] What puzzles me is how such a high percentage of the NGC grades are 70s?!!

IMG_3043.JPG

1 hour ago, Mariner1961 said:

Tried to post but there must be a problem with pics coming from my phone. Essentially it just showed the coin nicely wrapped so the previous issues couldn't happen again.

Thanks buddy. I read an old post somewhere where pictures were misssing from the thread and someone said don't post them direct from a phone, upload or attach them to the forummajiggy or whatever else you did that worked, so I don't think it's only you. But, that looks much better packaged!

I feel sorry for CPM over this and yes they've been great (about to send them proof of return for a postage refund), but as I told them the plastic covers had been (rather roughly) torn open before they arrived, and one of the cover slips was bent, so I guessed at best they'd been quality checked. If they knew they needed to do that (though I was told they don't look at coins before sending) then why send them 'loose' like that in the first place? All very confusing!

@whitesands1 you weren't tempted to go for replacements?

I think cionportfoilo have done amazing..number 1 they arnt ripping everyone off like all the other greedy B@###ds out there and there returns policy is amazing unlike Lpm sarcastic remarks and messages I received when asked about damaged coins and this is spending thousands and thousands with them..

Remember cionportfoilo have to make money also and with all these returns are causing more work and costs for them I can't see them even breaking even.

If you don't want the coins give them back and you haven't lost anything end of...

I put the phone down on LPM today after they called me up to try to apologise again whilst saying tough. First and last time I will use them. I am sure there are worse but this two man HK operation led by a South Africa accented guy is amongst them. My recommendation is dont use them.

South African Mint  has just proved to the world what shoddy work they do. Amateur time from start to finish with the bu and proof farce.

3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I put the phone down on LPM today after they called me up to try to apologise again whilst saying tough. First and last time I will use them. 

Like I said money has changed them..at one time he was asking if I could supply him with coins..now he's turned into a arrogant nob and I told him last week I won't buy from him again...my brother wont be spending money there also

22 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Like I said money has changed them..at one time he was asking if I could supply him with coins..now he's turned into a arrogant nob and I told him last week I won't buy from him again...my brother wont be spending money there also

Silly question probably, who is LPM?

Hello all,

I purchased 6 of these but also returned them for the same reasons, that is they were all rattling around inside their boxes and all six capsules were damaged.  Wish I had kept all of the serial numbers to contribute to the list on here!! The only one I can remember is 07117 as I have a photo of it. 

If this upload works you will be able to see the damage to the capsule. As I am new to silver I wasn't sure whether damage to a capsule is a sort of 'run of the mill' type damage or unusual, but I decided to return them all anyway as I wasn't happy with them all floating around inside during transit. The plastic bag containing number 07117 was actually torn completely open when I received it as well!

Pretty careless all round in my opinion, but as per other users' experiences on here, Coin Portfolio refunded me the entire amount very quickly, so all in it cost me nothing but a trip to the post office.

Anyway thought I'd say a quick hello and add my experience to this thread.  

Mark

IMG_1240.jpg

Archived