• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Yes mine are all heat sealed

Thank you - another question I have for CP on Monday having thought about it some more (i.e. why were mine open, and if it was for QC why was there no QC?!!).

Not a happy camper here.

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

We should start tracking COA numbers that are being sent back to make sure the replacements aren't ones that have already been sent back for the issues

Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Which is possible, or else they knew of the issues and started opening the boxes

Which given the circumstances and the number that are being returned is understandable.

They've told me they're opening my replacements to check they're good and also to secure the capsule with packing. I've asked for the outer packaging to be sent even though its been opened.

Two of my six had the outer plastic bag opened but I'm almost certain this was just the seal coming undone in the post rather than someone checking them. The heat seal seems variable in quality of strength.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Two of my six had the outer plastic bag opened but I'm almost certain this was just the seal coming undone in the post rather than someone checking them. The heat seal seems variable in quality of strength.

The whole lot seems variable in quality full stop :-)

15 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Your were probably the returns ??

I'm beginning to wonder if there are some shenanigans along those lines...particularly when I was told they would pick out 'the best examples' for immediate replacement. I'm not having that, they can send me sealed ones now I know (I was previously told that the coins are not looked at between the Mint and CP before being sent out so I have that as leverage).

However the capsules appear to sit tight in the box when properly housed, and those capsules are sturdy. Why on earth they would have had a return and then send it out loose again?..well it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Very disappointing, though as said already I think it's largely (originally) the Mint and not the dealer here.

I agree I think I read that there was a big problem with the PU shipment too.  This coin may become historic for all the wrong reasons.  A true proof unopened will be a lot rarer than the 15k mintage, unless they issue more to compensate for the returns?

5 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'm beginning to wonder if there are some shenanigans along those lines...particularly when I was told they would pick out 'the best examples' for immediate replacement. I'm not having that, they can send me sealed ones now I know (I was previously told that the coins are not looked at between the Mint and CP before being sent out so I have that as leverage).

However the capsules appear to sit tight in the box when properly housed, and those capsules are sturdy. Why on earth they would have had a return and then send it out loose again?..well it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Very disappointing, though as said already I think it's largely (originally) the Mint and not the dealer here.

It would be very disappointing and kick to their reputation if they send out "checked for quality" coins that are in the same state as the ones sent back.

Okay do I'll set the ball rolling here

Initially was going to send only 2/3 back as the coins themselves looked perfect, but all 3 X capsules were really poor and some were rattling around.

As we've all been promised the "best ones" and extra protection and this and that....

My 3 X serial numbers were 

1 minute ago, Oystonout said:

Okay do I'll set the ball rolling here

Initially was going to send only 2/3 back as the coins themselves looked perfect, but all 3 X capsules were really poor and some were rattling around.

As we've all been promised the "best ones" and extra protection and this and that....

My 3 X serial numbers were 

Were you going to keep 5710?

2 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

I had two consecutive numbers and one out of sequence.  The one out of sequence was the best of the three, still in the capsule.

I thought the same, I wonder why I didn't get all 3 X in sequence and then the 2 X worst ones were serial no's back to back

I just thought that it was not acceptable for 2/3 coins to be rolling around. The other coin was really secure and solid and so I can only assume the other two were man handled with no care and attention. The longer I thought about it the more upset I got and bought stuff it, it's not on.

The guy at CP's response was like "hmm we are well aware of this issue"

I wonder if this batch is anything to do with the quality/shipment issues they had at the beginning. Otherwise you would the mint could not possibly repeat such a careless mistake in preparing these coins for sale to the public

I got three out of sequence, all in the 6000s (I'll post the numbers when I decide which go back) and all three outer plastics were opened.

The cover slip for one was bent on the top which I was surprised at on opening, but perhaps makes a bit more sense now...

The loupe will be out over the weekend and then speak to them again on Monday.

10 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Well that's not a great response from them, maybe they already know something you don't, plus if a majority on here have already had problems with them being loose it's doesn't sound it will get any better coming from Hong Kong, you should check through their returns policy online

If it is collection you can take your time to check as long as you like but once you walk out from their office ,there is no return 

not sure about internet ordering though 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

I just had a final look at the coins under a 12X Loupe and I have to say, those I had, were not what you'd expect for a premium coin.  The ones which rattled about did seem to take a bit of a beating (taking into account they are Proof).

I tired to balance out what to do and in the end I decided that I just could not live with the coins - I think there is a lot more than meets the eye with these coins and the way that SA Mint has marketed and produced them.

I am very disappointed as I really got caught up in the whole 50th Anniversary thing.

Received replacement coins yesterday via special delivery - impressive turnaround.

Unfortunately the promise of "selecting the best coins" "extra protection for packaging" etc etc... Not so impressive.

The 3 X boxes came unsealed. I asked for all 3 X boxes to be checked for quality so I expected this to be fair. If they have been checked for quality then the fault lies purely with CPM on this occasion. 

All 3 X coins arrived inside one half of capsule but the other half capsule was loose!

In addition all 3 X capsules have blemishes on. An improvement on the first batch I received but considering the promised replacements were to be of "high quality" then still not 100% happy.

Upto this point I have been very impressed with CPM but this latest episode is solely down to them.

Hope you all have better luck with yours

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

@Oystonout very sorry to hear that but many thanks for the heads up. Are you going to get a refund this time?

If I'm honest I don't really want a refund. I didn't expect to make a killing on the two coins I'd bought to sell on, maybe it would pay for the 3rd coin which I intended to keep?

The coins themselves look fine just a bit annoyed with the capsules as they have blemishes on. 

I have no problem with hanging onto them and see what happens in the future. Somebody else mentioned about part exchanging them towards another purchase. What about sending for grading? The coins look fine so could this be another option?

Archived