• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Oh would it have been worth something to you? Your going to tell me I've sent back a COA worth lots of money aren't you ?

That coa worth at least 500 quid 

thats a winning ticket 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MarkWI wouldn't have sent back a coin that is competitively priced for a small fault on the capsule.

I think I'll do the lottery this week as the 3 coins I got arrived intact no loose capsules or marks/scratches on the coins.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

1 minute ago, motorbikez said:

@MarkWI wouldn't have sent back a coin that is competitively priced for a small fault on the capsule.

I think I'll do the lottery this week as the 3 coins I got arrived intact no loose capsules or marks/scratches on the coins.

Can I go halves with you? I'll PayPal you the £1

2 hours ago, motorbikez said:

Perhaps, although from a consumers point of view I had paid for capsules that were brand new, not damaged, so I acted with that at the forefront of my mind and got my money back. 

Maybe I missed a good opportunity in my haste? 

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

New to silver perhaps, but an old hand at lie detection ?

If someone pays 500 pounds for a piece of paper who cares ;)

welcome to forum 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

33 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Perhaps, although from a consumers point of view I had paid for capsules that were brand new, not damaged, so I acted with that at the forefront of my mind and got my money back. 

Maybe I missed a good opportunity in my haste? 

Welcome to the forum from me too :)

As I've already learned to my (very!) painful cost, we often learn far more from our mistakes than successes! In this case I think the jury's still out on how these will perform after the present glut on ebay clears, though some are still selling at a fair profit. I am already having nightmares about milk spots appearing in time lol.

If it's a capsule and the coin is still good I'd first try to get a replacement capsule myself. If you'd sent the old one back I'm sure CP would have swapped you another from the returns on these where the problem was damage to the coin.

We live and (hopefully!) learn :)

Thanks, and thanks for the info. It seems the over zealous part of me purchased 6 coins at a good price, while the over cautious part of me sent 6 coins with damaged capsules back

Some people just have no balance do they!

Both my ones better than I thought, I had convinced myself the d be like an ice rink. But acceptable if not inching towards good. Capsule has some nibbles. Recommendations appreciated, should I send back and hope the new one is both coin and capsule unsullied or new capsule and hope to rehouse even though touching is verboten. Or just refund as its a all a pain and should have been sent perfect etc.  And ebayers all want unopened ones, even if you remind them the' ll be like a marraca

10 hours ago, Moi said:

Both my ones better than I thought, I had convinced myself the d be like an ice rink. But acceptable if not inching towards good. Capsule has some nibbles. Recommendations appreciated, should I send back and hope the new one is both coin and capsule unsullied or new capsule and hope to rehouse even though touching is verboten. Or just refund as its a all a pain and should have been sent perfect etc.  And ebayers all want unopened ones, even if you remind them the' ll be like a marraca

Well they did a good job with my replacements so if you're not happy...

On the ebay thing, knowing the issues with the SA mint packaging, I would want one that isn't sealed as it's  pot luck what state it'll be in. I think the ebay opinion will change as more of these filter through it.

Yes, had more convo earlier and made aware of the options. They seem well versed in it. Even name dropped the forum. Had two up on the bay both got messages about is it opened etc. Even after getting them up to speed about the mint they didn't seem too enthused. Oh well as you say I'm sure that will all come good as the news about the packing emerges.

1 hour ago, Moi said:

Yes, had more convo earlier and made aware of the options. They seem well versed in it. Even name dropped the forum. Had two up on the bay both got messages about is it opened etc. Even after getting them up to speed about the mint they didn't seem too enthused. Oh well as you say I'm sure that will all come good as the news about the packing emerges.

Makes you wonder! Why buy unseen when you know there's issues. Am I missing something?

Numbskulls. Reading between the lines I divined some trust issues too. As in quite sure that's the coin, have you added a penny!. The bu arrived today and it's better quality than the proofs. 

42 minutes ago, Mariner1961 said:

Makes you wonder! Why buy unseen when you know there's issues. Am I missing something?

Perhaps folk expect those who are selling to have bought multiples and kept any possible 70s for themselves or to be graded before selling, and that any opened ones will likely not be the best? At least with the sealed you have a chance at a top example? It's all I can think of!

After you say the about the mint issue, they might come round and appreciate that they are getting undamaged goods. Even see images. But there's something deeply ingrained in the mind that's says untouched is better.

From my understanding if you buy something brand new you want it sealed otherwise it's 2nd hand..if this is a known problem with SA mint which is causing these coins to be damaged then they should recall them all check and repack them all properly which isn't going to happen..you guys should count yourself lucky I paid £1200 for 6 which I can't send back and some other buyers paid over £400 for them...

2 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

From my understanding if you buy something brand new you want it sealed otherwise it's 2nd hand..if this is a known problem with SA mint which is causing these coins to be damaged then they should recall them all check and repack them all properly which isn't going to happen..you guys should count yourself lucky I paid £1200 for 6 which I can't send back and some other buyers paid over £400 for them...

Yeah, good point. The mint have basically left everyone with this. I think this will def be a one off.

34 minutes ago, Moi said:

Interesting, most of the bay ones are listed as new despite being opened.

I thought on ebay you couldn't sell as being new if they were second hand regardless of how long. Did they not do away with the "as new" listing so that only really retailers could sell as "new"?

Dunno, as new sounds the right fit. I made sure my Peter rabbits weren't milky. Didn't get any blow back, must only become relavent with issues such as the Sa. Wonder if most of the 400 pound guys would prefer to have seen the coin first. It's in their interest after all. Bay is a free for all,  more proof, images etc the better. 

8 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I'm not sure how you can list a coin without a picture of the coin. Regardless of it being a Proof Sovereign or a proof Krug, I'd still want evidence that there's an actual coin in the box, sealing a packet again after taking a coin out is relatively easy for someone who wants to try and pull a fast one

Too true. Could be anything in there? Mmmm...anybody got some empty boxes and a heat gun?

Archived