• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

If the coins look fine then send them to grade as they will be in lovely slabs so you won't need to worry about your scratched capsules and if they achieve 70 then you have hit the jackpot

Thank you for advice. If they don't come back as 70 is it still a worthwhile excercise?

7 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Its always worthwhile just to see how the TPG grade them, you can always break them out if the grade is exceptionally poor

Thanks. As I don't think I will be sending coins off to be graded on a regular basis, and I am not a member of any grading company, can I go to a coin dealer eg Chards and use their membership/service (for a probable fee)

19 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

I've sent off 4 for grading..the others I will keep sealed..if they get lower then 69 there going back in original capsules

So in your opinion 69 is the minimum you would be happy with. Do they just put it in the slab and post back to you whatever the result?

22 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

I've sent off 4 for grading..the others I will keep sealed..if they get lower then 69 there going back in original capsules

What's the time limit for returns? I imagine the grading turnaround could take a fair while.

When I speak to CP tomorrow I will certainly let them know I am expecting a 69 or above or I will be returning them. I've seen many pictures now of folk having received lovely examples from them.

I also find it very hard to believe that so many of the 'horror' stories involve deliveries where the heat sealed pack has 'come open' in the post (3 out of 3 in my case)...

Please can someone advise whether the following 3 X coins would be worthy of sending for grading. These are the best pics I could upload. I know not ideal but if not good enough will save a lot of time thank you all.
image.thumb.jpeg.55289554bd510f362befbae20f5388f1.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.bfd9947cb382e1ad43c2ac4bf5c8bb4d.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2edbc0705da761126a0e1fca33143d4e.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.bd5cd908ae9b4a45d3c0dd157dfc4315.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.d0c2f7df1b11dc8f13874637975b52cb.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.b95398e79f69edda3c6bde36287b657d.jpeg

Only the second one seems to be worth to take the risk to me

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

Please can someone advise whether the following 3 X coins would be worthy of sending for grading. These are the best pics I could upload. I know not ideal but if not good enough will save a lot of time thank you all.
image.thumb.jpeg.55289554bd510f362befbae20f5388f1.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.bfd9947cb382e1ad43c2ac4bf5c8bb4d.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.2edbc0705da761126a0e1fca33143d4e.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.bd5cd908ae9b4a45d3c0dd157dfc4315.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.d0c2f7df1b11dc8f13874637975b52cb.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.b95398e79f69edda3c6bde36287b657d.jpeg

Lovely photos by the way.

I placed 2 orders one for 1 coin at £125 and one for 2 @ £99 (approx) and the first one was confirmed after identification tracks but the second was not found for some reason

I sent in by post the order confirmation email from the second order and I was telephoned to say that this order would be processed at the price expected and in order to apologize, postage would be free of charge.

I am expecting three coins this week, and my plan is to send them for grading together with the coins that I have already, or are expected from forum members this week.

6 hours ago, Oystonout said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Untouched gold proofs should be ideal for grading. Depends on your motives/situation. If times are hard you've gotta do what you have to do to get by but if times are better and you are thinking of a long term investment/strategy then enjoy what you have either as a set in the mint case or slabbed if you prefer. I have pure gold and silver bullion coins that I handle for kicks and also have pristine proofs that I will never touch. I'm new to slabbed coins so I'll have some fun with stuff I just like and then move onto better investments. My point is: just go with it and enjoy your stacking/numismatics. It's not all about making a profit, you can have some fun too, even if you make a loss! Who cares? Endulge yourself in your hobby ??

My order finally shipped yesterday and arrived today.

2 of the 3 coins are going back for a refund.  These 2 coins were loose in the capsules with one having speckles and the other has signs of being wiped.  99% sure it's a return since the coin was still covered by the top half of the capsule.  Serials 5635 and 4247.

2017-05-16 10.48.11.jpg

10 minutes ago, morezone said:

My order finally shipped yesterday and arrived today.

2 of the 3 coins are going back for a refund.  These 2 coins were loose in the capsules with one having speckles and the other has signs of being wiped.  99% sure it's a return since the coin was still covered by the top half of the capsule.  Serials 5635 and 4247.

2017-05-16 10.48.11.jpg

Wow that is discusting...im dreading to see the condition of mine when they come from Hong Kong and I paid double for mine ?

1 minute ago, HyHy said:

@Silverstackeruk why did you get it all the way from Hong Kong when you are paying double the price while Westminster selling it at 125 quid?

Because I ordered them on first release then I found the deal on cionportfoilo two weeks later..nothing I can do really as it's not Lpm fault it's the SA mint fault for being so careless..any other products in the world that were sold like that would have a recall..as when you pay top premium on £12 worth of silver you expect it in perfect condition

I've sent 2 out of 6 back today, both had small scratches. Out of the 4 I've kept at least 2 are as perfect as these are likely to get so will send at least these off for grading and hope for a miraculous PF70 or two:D

You never know I may get some decent replacements although I'm not banking on this.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I spoke to coin portfolio management today at length and I think they are doing everything in their power to help this situation which appears to be a defect caused by the inadequacy of the box and mint packaging.

The box is far too large with too much internal space and a lack of padding. I received two boxed items from a silver forum member this morning and when I opened them they were exactly the same as the items I have received from CPM. It seems very clear that the problems are caused by inadequate mint packaging and transit.

My two final items are being sent by them today and I have agreed that the capsules will be removed from the packaging and separately bubble wrapped.

I have returned one coin today it has a  scratch which can be seen clearly through a loupe, during my conversation with them , they said they didn't know of any problems which i find this hard to believe .

I received mine several weeks ago and it is absolutely a SA Mint packaging issue. Only thing saving this coin is the fact it is a design first....

If yours havent been sent yet, absolutely get the coin sent separately from the box and wrapped tightly as the capsule isnt the greatest either.

Archived