• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another Royal Mint survey - About Royalty themed coins and ranges

Who else received this one?

It was another interesting survey probing for information about all sorts of Royalty themed coins and potential series / ranges celebrating the current Royal family members and extended members, deceased and past Royal kings, queens and consorts, etc etc.

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Who else received this one?

It was another interesting survey probing for information about all sorts of Royalty themed coins and potential series / ranges celebrating the current Royal family members and extended members, deceased and past Royal kings, queens and consorts, etc etc.

They are running out of ideas, there’s only so many spurious anniversaries, they can pump  commemorative coins.    

Biggest issue?  Most people I come in contact with withIn the coin world know next to nothing about coins and are not  remotely interested in them.  

This is a lot of people who work at the RM they have x product to sell today that’s as far as their interest goes. 

59 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

They are running out of ideas, there’s only so many spurious anniversaries, they can pump  commemorative coins.    

Biggest issue?  Most people I come in contact with withIn the coin world know next to nothing about coins and are not  remotely interested in them.  

This is a lot of people who work at the RM they have x product to sell today that’s as far as their interest goes. 

Some of the proposed celebrations, birthdays, anniversaries, jubilees, remembrances etc. about current Royal Family members and past royal personalities that they asked about my interest in really scared the heck out of me.

The c**p they can churn out if they really want to knows no bounds.

I think it may be a declining hobby.  Most people under 40 don’t carry or use cash and have lost the connection to it.  All big mints are struggling to attract buyers.  That’s why we have so many pop culture coin releases now - hey I like music and movies but I don’t need them celebrated on coins.  What’s next, a special Vegemite 50p?

Much as we may want them, I don’t think the RM will stoop so low as to produce coins with semi  naked ladies on them. And there would be issues with those of a feminine persuasion wanting coins with semi naked men on them.

What I would like to see is a series of coins with heraldic devices. All RM has to do is to go to St George’s chapel at Windsor castle where there are loads of banners hanging up so no need for them to do any design work!

51 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

The RM has a history of producing excruciatingly bad (and often lazily designed) modern royal themed coins that appeal to maybe 0.001% of the population.. Yet they still keep making them.

Nearly naked beautiful women*  is what we want. Get to it RM.

* substitute your preference if you must. 

Suggest you just keep buying your coins from some obscure mint/company that will cater for your silver needs🤔

I was being a touch facetious admittedly but the fact still remains - there is very little demand for royalty themed (and especially portrait type) coins.

If the RM produced half as many designs but spent twice the time designing them it would help.

At least they are canvassing actual collectors to see what hey want. It's a start 🙂 

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

I was being a touch facetious admittedly but the fact still remains - there is very little demand for royalty themed (and especially portrait type) coins.

If the RM produced half as many designs but spent twice the time designing them it would help.

At least they are canvassing actual collectors to see what hey want. It's a start 🙂 

😮😁😁I can totally agree with this comment!😮👍

I just can’t see the logic in going after such niche markets as coins commemorating members of the extended royal family. Does feel like RM are struggling to keep their customer base. Keep innovating on bullion coin quality/security I’d say 👍

IMG_1744.jpeg

9 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Well said 👏🏽 

They seem to have omitted Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from the survey…..

I agree with the above in that the RM has produced some absolute shockers honouring members of the royal family.  Even worse has come from Alderney etc.

The RM lost me as a customer a long time ago with their poor quality, copper mushy Sovs and lack of imagination.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, dicker said:

This gem is from Guernsey.

I have no words….apart from Susan Boyle.

image.thumb.png.eb25c522cc2ee77c745e58e08b6c4357.png

Very few coins of any mint that have the Queen Mother on look anything like half decent, however this one is unbelievable 😮🤔who on earth thought that was a good design? Worse…. who bought it🤔😮😮