• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Metalor x1 / 100g *Silver* Bullion .999 Investment Bar - Mint Condition 🇨🇭 (Certificate included) *£113.50 [Revised Update]

On 19/10/2023 at 03:47, BackyardBullion said:

I'm so confused, but will offer £70....

My apologies for any caused, what exactly were you confused about? As for your bid, I'll decline releasing at £70 as this is a bit lower than I'd be willing to sell for, but thank you for the offer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2023 at 19:15, NGMD said:

I’m not a 100% sure you are not trolling the members or a secret salesman from Bullion by Post.

I’ll spell it out clearly and politely. You have used lots of confusing unnecessary words to try and sell a bar at 40%+ more than anyone would pay on here. You have been directed to equivalent bars currently sold at market value by some of the most respectable members in the community. You’ve been offered a fair price- take it.

I hope that clarifies all the comments. GLWS.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I'm no secret sales man from Bullion by Post (I'm just currently selling), and I certainly am not trolling anyone.

So my ad isn't written perfectly according to some expectation.., I appreciate that and I'll take that feedback on board for future consideration.

I am simply offering a product at my desired price - I know that it includes premium, and the option for counter offers is available, if you don't want to purchase it or make an offer then don't. I don't "have to" accept an offer that doesn't meet my expectations (and you're free to do the same). It's a free market in which anyone may take or leave as they please, "fair" to you and "fair" to me may be different things, and on that we may even have to agree to disagree, so let's just get on with all our interests here on this blog.

All clarified?

On 22/10/2023 at 19:19, BackyardBullion said:

But there might be someone who doesn't know any better and might buy it for this price.....isn't that what is going on here?

Elephant-in-the-room GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If they haven't done any research perhaps, though best offers are welcomed so it's the buyers call. 

On 22/10/2023 at 19:32, James32 said:

This bit has really wound me up tbh. What kind of investment would I be making for my 'portfolio' if I handicapped myself with a 83%premium?

And before you say I can make an offer, just name your least acceptable price and they will either sell fast or wander into obscurity. 

Ah, just a bit of advertising hype! You don't have to buy it but my least acceptable price is definitely NOT c£50. (Updated)

Edited by TradesExchange
Mistake about price

On 22/10/2023 at 19:25, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I can understand someone paying a premium for a rare bar, but Metalor aren't exactly hard to find, compared to an Engelhard or an old Johnson Matthey.

You're right, there not. I value  Metalor though and so I sell it on that basis. 

1 minute ago, TradesExchange said:

Ah, just a bit of advertising hype! You don't have to but it but my least acceptable price is £50.

£50 for the 100g bar I'll take it please if you willing to post it first of course as a new member. How many do you have? Or I've read it wrong? 

Just now, dmcac said:

£50 for the 100g bar I'll take it please if you willing to post it first of course as a new member. How many do you have? Or I've read it wrong? 

I should of added, In a perfect world that would be the case. Not today unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, TradesExchange said:

Ah, just a bit of advertising hype! You don't have to but it but my least acceptable price is £50.

You turned down £70 and £75 now you accept £50? Is this the twilight zone?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

No, I'm not happy to "rip anyone off", so let me just clarify that. I'm asking, ASKING mind you, for a desired price... Did you know that Sellers in a market may "Ask" any price they desire? Now, a Buyer does not have to "buy" at that Asking Price, and the Buyer may propose a counter offer, as is the option here in this scenario.

There is no guarantee of a deal even happening, it's simply an offer. Take it or leave it, the world is a big place with lots of other people selling too... A market place... what a wonderful world.

Anyway like any matter of financial interest, it is on the Buyer to ensure that they have done all of their own research before committing to a decision, that is usually the deal in matters such as this.

9 minutes ago, lst65 said:

This post is becoming more surreal by the day.… still, very entertaining. 😂

I'm glad someones having fun! Please, just "hurry up and buy!"