• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Marque Only Release - Tue 29th Aug

Oldham25

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

I've not had any whisper of anything new

The last Comms I had from my RM account manager was trying to peddle off the last QEII items they've got left and option to get at a very uncompetitive discount.

Not sure what may be due to launch? 

Maybe a plain edge piedfort crowded portrait coronation set in limited numbers?? Highly unoriginal but understandingly predictable after the QEII plat success jubilee.

Even x70 lots of £10k+ is a nice litter earner whichever way you look at it 

I'd take something like that tbh. Seems they've been super secretive with this release unlike usual though 

2 minutes ago, Oldham25 said:

I'd take something like that tbh. Seems they've been super secretive with this release unlike usual though 

Is there anything significant historically happening for this release? It must have something to do with KC first year surely to warrant an exclusive release 

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

Is there anything significant historically happening for this release? It must have something to do with KC first year surely to warrant an exclusive release 

Absolutely no idea, guess I'll find out Tuesday morning. 

5 hours ago, Agaupl said:

If it’s a lioness World Cup proof I’ll feel very let down 🤣

4 hours ago, Oldham25 said:

Yes me too! Hahaha

I doubt according related to national pride would be so limited?

3 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

Hype was there at the time. Nothing has really done well from there in a long time. I picked up a Plain edge for 6k not so long ago & sent it out to Japan for a quick £500 profit. I have had a couple 5 sets since then 2022 & 2023. Lucky if you got your money back on those. 

From what I am seeing crazy inflated prices are gone for now on RM items. The modern coin market is really poor right now.

Which plain edge piedfort pattern Sovereign denomination did you get for £6,000?

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I have checked already August 1923, 1823, 1723.

Nothing significant.😂😂😂

Likely utterly mindless ramblings of someone that doesn’t have a clue…but…a mintage of 70, in a Coronation year, exactly 70 years after the last Coronation. Some kind of Mother/Son Coronation effort?

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

Likely utterly mindless ramblings of someone that doesn’t have a clue…but…a mintage of 70, in a Coronation year, exactly 70 years after the last Coronation. Some kind of Mother/Son Coronation effort?

@Oldham25 said the mintage is supposed to be 75.

The only thing that comes to mind is King Charles’ 75th birthday. 

7 hours ago, westminstrel said:

@Oldham25 said the mintage is supposed to be 75.

The only thing that comes to mind is King Charles’ 75th birthday. 

Ah my bad. Thought it was 70. In that case 75 for a 75th makes perfect sense 👍🏼

10 hours ago, JamesH said:

It's a mintage of 75 not 70

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Isn’t this the 2023 Piedfort Sovereign set? Crowned Portrait.

Apparently it’s gold AND silver; but not sure if separate gold and silver sets or combined in one set. I love a mystery. 😎

12 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

They are trialling it ready for the 2024 proof 10 coin sets £5- 1/128 

IMG_9935.gif

May just fly off in the post with that (lack of) weight. 😆