• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Marque Only Release - Tue 29th Aug

Oldham25

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

£6750 / 2 = £3375 oz per slab 

• Original mintage of the "Coronation" Gold  = 500 
  • Original mintage of the "Memorial" Gold = TBC - i couldn't find the max mintage 

"Memorials" are available at several sites now still at list original RRP 

I actually like the Coronation design but it has also added into the mix the grading sales they did with the "coronation' reverse proofs stateside in USA 

So essentially the gold set isn't that unique to be honest, just what is out there already released by with the NGC slab with Jennings signature  

If they could have differentiated with a plain edge or similar 

I think I'll just let this release pass or someone convince me otherwise - I'm all ears (. . . . . pardon the pun Charles 😊)  

Also a secondary thought - if these were to resale down the road in years to some. 

It would only ever make sense for them to be sold on as a pair/set.  So would need to find a buyer with deep pockets 

Going for a silver set myself - I think this has a half decent chance of at least holding value in the current market. 

That said, I also think there is a decent amount of potential for these in a more buoyant market in the future. 

The gold set just doesn't make me jump up and down at the prospect of spending £6750

I am lucky to have been able to get the 2 oz gold crowned portrait gold so I have something with that special occasion on it. 

@Paul raises an excellent point about the affordability of the gold set when selling it on - People with that kind of money are most likely to have already been looking at these coins and so you are somewhat dependant on finding a buyer in X years time that wants to commemorate the coronation and have a deep set of pockets. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

12 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Going for a silver set myself - I think this has a half decent chance of at least holding value in the current market. 

That said, I also think there is a decent amount of potential for these in a more buoyant market in the future. 

The gold set just doesn't make me jump up and down at the prospect of spending £6750

I am lucky to have been able to get the 2 oz gold crowned portrait gold so I have something with that special occasion on it. 

@Paul raises an excellent point about the affordability of the gold set when selling it on - People with that kind of money are most likely to have already been looking at these coins and so you are somewhat dependant on finding a buyer in X years time that wants to commemorate the coronation and have a deep set of pockets. 

Yeah, "silver set" only for me today just purely on terms of affordability.  A few hundred quid I can easily stomach and take a wee punt on it hopefully doing well long term.  Don't fancy nursing paying off nearly £7k on a hunch they "could/possibly" do just OK in years to come 

Will be interesting if the signed slabs have any bearing on values as and when they appear in months years to come 

Had they been tweaked to differentiate them from the standard release ie privy mark, reverse proof or a plain edge that may have made me commit to the gold set  

If anything you have content for a new YouTube vid @BackyardBullion with this set, so the ad rev will help pay a little towards it ;) 

On 26/08/2023 at 00:20, Oldham25 said:

Hi all,

I've been a collector of gold and silver coins for the last 10+ years.  I've stumbled across the forum while searching for info on a new release from The Royal Mint exclusive to platinum and platinum+ account holders only, that is being offered on Tues 29th Aug. 

As a platinum+ account holder my account manager called me to say I will be able to buy the release on Tuesday as my set/s have been secured, but I know nothing of them other than max mintage of 75 in gold and silver and has nothing to do with the British Monarchs collection which is also being released on Tuesday.

Does anybody have any additional info?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to @Oldham25 for bringing up the topic…it’s been a good discussion. . as OP are you partaking today ? 

Aaaahhh😉

Haha sorry been busy, here's info on the release

A New Exclusive Collection 

The Pairing of Two Coinage Portraits of His Majesty King Charles III on Coins Independently Graded at the Highest Proof Standard

As we celebrate the historic coronation of His Majesty The King, we are pleased to offer limited-edition gold and silver Proof one ounce coin sets that commemorate the occasion.

NGC, one of the world’s leading coin graders, has independently graded and certified these coins, and an official label guarantees the grade of each coin at PF 70, the highest Proof standard.

Available in extremely limited numbers, each set pairs a coin honouring the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with another struck in commemoration of the coronation of King Charles III.

Each of these sets features the first two official coinage portraits of The King, crowned and uncrowned, along with the signature of Martin Jennings, the designer behind both coinage portraits of His Majesty.

New Exclusives: His Majesty King Charles III Effigy Set's
  1. A Limited Edition Presentation of only 75 gold and 500 silver sets
  2. Hand signed by sculptor Martin Jennings
  3. Presented in a case with a Certificate of Authenticity from The Royal Mint
  4. Both coins have been independently graded by NGC with a grading of Proof (PF) 70, the highest score on the Sheldon coin grading scale
  5. The first time two coinage portraits of His Majesty King Charles III have appeared together in a limited-edition set featuring coins with a grading of Proof (PF) 70
  6. The Royal Mint exclusive set - not available to purchase anywhere else
  7. Gold set will not be available to purchase online and is an account managed exclusive set

6 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

The ones in the images are all absolutely identical...

The images are only mock-ups. The slab labels have been hand signed. You can do a cert check on the NGC website if you like and you will see that none of the slab numbers are valid - they are sample only. 

12 minutes ago, Oldham25 said:

Haha sorry been busy, here's info on the release

A New Exclusive Collection 

The Pairing of Two Coinage Portraits of His Majesty King Charles III on Coins Independently Graded at the Highest Proof Standard

As we celebrate the historic coronation of His Majesty The King, we are pleased to offer limited-edition gold and silver Proof one ounce coin sets that commemorate the occasion.

NGC, one of the world’s leading coin graders, has independently graded and certified these coins, and an official label guarantees the grade of each coin at PF 70, the highest Proof standard.

Available in extremely limited numbers, each set pairs a coin honouring the life and legacy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with another struck in commemoration of the coronation of King Charles III.

Each of these sets features the first two official coinage portraits of The King, crowned and uncrowned, along with the signature of Martin Jennings, the designer behind both coinage portraits of His Majesty.

New Exclusives: His Majesty King Charles III Effigy Set's
  1. A Limited Edition Presentation of only 75 gold and 500 silver sets
  2. Hand signed by sculptor Martin Jennings
  3. Presented in a case with a Certificate of Authenticity from The Royal Mint
  4. Both coins have been independently graded by NGC with a grading of Proof (PF) 70, the highest score on the Sheldon coin grading scale
  5. The first time two coinage portraits of His Majesty King Charles III have appeared together in a limited-edition set featuring coins with a grading of Proof (PF) 70
  6. The Royal Mint exclusive set - not available to purchase anywhere else
  7. Gold set will not be available to purchase online and is an account managed exclusive set

Are you going for the gold set ?? 

17 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

The ones in the images are all absolutely identical...

As means of comparison the USA succession auction with stacks bowers.

All slab inserts were signed uniquely when you viewed each listing

as @AndrewSL76 mentions they'll all be individually hand signed by Martin Jennings 

7 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Can you buy the silver set right now because I can't find it on their website.

No friend you have to be a platinum + member of da club. You really don’t want to know what you need to do to get that privilege…

IMG_0766.jpeg

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

4 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Can you buy the silver set right now because I can't find it on their website.

They are only selling to Mint Marque customers as far as I am aware. Nothing stopping you calling and asking though! 

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

No friend you have to be a platinum + member of da club. You really don’t want to know what you need to do to get that privilege…

That was how it started, but they are now offering to all levels.......

4 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

IMG_0766.jpeg

Just spend money and the doors open. 

That's all I've done 

There's no magic initiation ceremony or shakey hands gang you need to be part of 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

That's all I've done 

There's no magic initiation ceremony or shakey hands gang you need to be part of 

And when you cannot remember, it means they used the strong medicine during the initiation ceremony. I just remember picking the red tablet. I was worried what would happen if I took the blue one.......

5 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Even prols? Ill check my emails then 🤣

Yes, you should have received an email by now. In essence it just says what others have posted above, and ends with a plea for you to call your account manager for a discussion. 

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

That's all I've done 

Yeah but I spent money(got gold at least) .. and they never delivered. I still got struck with the ID requirements though and I was an eligible member for a good while before they registered it. I’ve asked the question of my advisor if these sets are available.  Let’s see what happens. Tbh I have spent enough over there last few years and I was all in buying from RM. but the service sucked. I was a very placid, willing customer and they still managed to alienate me so now I buy elsewhere .. and don’t get these releases 🤣

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉