• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No regrets from me. I don't care for that design.

I'm thinking about trying to get a few 1/4 proof Britannia's, so the 2007 would of been nice. 

I would like the 2008 and 2003 most, but the 2007 is still nice, much better than the 10 & 11

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The quarter ounce I bought and received today. It looks like a proof to me but no expert and little to compare to. The raised images are frosted with a high shiny background. It came in a screw type cap, similar to ones in pictures of proof sets I have seen. The good news is it is a 2007 , the year my youngest was born so he will get it.

Kman, sorry now realise the above post it is not so clear. I ordered the 1/4 britannia a few days ago and only saw your post yesterday, otherwise would have thanked you also for heads up. That said, having realised what I had I now have the 1/2 half winging its way here. I made a wee request for the RM box also which HGM are happy to send me. Now all I have to do is fill it.

good luck hear balanced by the high winds last night blowing down my back fence and some tiles of my roof, such is life.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Does anyone want to take a punt on this auction. Badly worded, from a brand new seller, might be worth taking a chance knowing that paypal will back you up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321638001732?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bad thing to be selling for your first item, but as you say you are fully covered.

HGM just put up a 2005 poof Britannia set

Unique design for that year

I wouldn't mind getting just the 1/4 or 1/2 but not the whole set.. if in the next few days a 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 and full britannia go up in one go, at 3% over spot you will know you're getting a nice proof coin..

If no one buys the set first that is. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Bad thing to be selling for your first item, but as you say you are fully covered.

Unless it's fake and then you could have a hell of a time proving you were sent a fake to ebay's satisfaction. At least I gave up with a cheaper coin as the seller can say they sent a different coin to the one you returned and ebay won't take your word or a photo of an item on scales weighing incorrectly as evidence.

Sold for £172.15 inc delivery. If genuine someone has managed to get three gold coins for 20% UNDER spot  :D

Fair play to the person who took a risk

Mine was in reference to the 2005  4 coin gold Britannia set on HGM :P

But that was a very good deal for the buyer on ebay, should everything be legit. 

I agree on the 'barrier' of £100 for a half sovereign - having just returned to gold and silver this is a real challenge as the most I have ever paid for a full sovereign is £85!

Having said that I did persuade myself to buy some silver lunars from STG a few weeks back.

ST

Not sure it's really a "deal", but just noticed that for the very first time in a long while, HGM have half sovs and sovs at just over £100 and £200 respectively.

It's that three figure price for a half sov, that makes me wince.   :wacko:  

i bought a couple of sovs off em this morning before the price changes around 10.30 . so saved a couple of quid , not much but enough to pay the postage

just in case gold forgets to come back down in price again  :blink:

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/2011-boxed-uk-edinburgh-gold-proof-1-coin

Looks interesting

2011 Boxed UK Edinburgh Gold Proof £1 Coin - £499.95

Fine content - 17.984g x spot price: £477

Not much of a premium on an interesting proof coin 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/world-coins/american-eagles/american-gold-double-eagle-20-bullion/

i know they are not the best at all for price usual or safe use of customer data 

Currently they have 2% off the cost of $20 american eagle pre1933 -  currently £843

These don't come up for sale too often on these shores & are beautiful in the flesh

Archived