• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/usa-2-5-eagle-gold-coin-indian

usa_gold_2.5_indian_head_eagle_3_1_2_1.j

usa_gold_2.5_indian_head_eagle_2_1_1.jpg

You don't see these come up for sale every day in the UK

When i have checked completed results on eBay.com (USA) it seems plenty have sold over this price Atkinsons have it listed for

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40%7CR40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16&_nkw=gold+%242.5+Eagle++Indian+Head&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

Price doesnt break the bank either.  Im spent up at the moment with the 2007 silver britannia finds from the weekend :(

I saw that

Tempting isn't it, very nice looking coin

Looking at Ebay the 1913 in the US seems to go for $250-350, so what's that about £160-210 or so, so Atkinsons price seems pretty fair

If it had of been a tad lower I might of gone for it but I think I will keep the money towards another sovereign. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I saw that

Tempting isn't it, very nice looking coin

Looking at Ebay the 1913 in the US seems to go for $250-350, so what's that about £160-210 or so, so Atkinsons price seems pretty fair

If it had of been a tad lower I might of gone for it but I think I will keep the money towards another sovereign. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=gold+%242.5+Eagle++Indian+Head&_sop=16&LH_Auction=1&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40%7CR40%7CR40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgold+%242.5+Eagle++Indian+Head+1913&_nkw=gold+%242.5+Eagle++Indian+Head+1913&_sacat=0

Here are the results from eBay USA for completed results and prices realised, if anyone is considering buying it

They certainly don't show up on UK shores too often

I always find it amazing that these companies can manage to do these mail shots, knowing full well that they will get enough people to buy their stuff. It makes me wonder just how many people are out there prepared to pay over the odds, because they can't be bothered to do any research on where the cheapest places to buy are.......

But then, whilst they are buying from the expensive companies it leaves more for me and you, (well mostly you :)), to buy on the cheap cheap cheap.....

http://www.cointrust.co.uk/Gold-Sovereigns-s/1820.htm

I saw a third sized column advert in the Daily Express someone has left in the local club yesterday

Bargain investment sovereigns to be had for those who don't know better  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Just done a quick company check on them, 

£8,828 Cash

£-43,232 Net Worth

£421,995 Assets

£285,892 Liabilities

Latest Accounts 31/03/2013   Category Total Exemption Small   Year end 31st March

Yup ! that's exactly what i thought. I chuckled at the nerve of additional Special Delivery costs to

These adverts must get responses or why would they pay for them ?

It is the same sort of person paying for the TV adverts & Google ad words and CEO six figure dividends draw down of Bullion By Post via inflated premiums on their products.

These adverts must get responses or why would they pay for them ?

I bet they don't make anywhere near their money back, I would guess it's a total waste. 

People mistake activity for achievement 

From my business experience of being in editorial pieces for newspapers and magazines (via a PR company) and some advertising, it was a total waste of money

You get a much better return with online stuff 

Why bullion dealers aren't on Youtube making videos is beyond me, there is a large enough audience who want to see the coins + put a friendly/trustworthy staff member on cam talking about them = great cost effective advertising. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I bet they don't make anywhere near their money back, I would guess it's a total waste. 

You don't spend between £30k and £40k for a half page national newspaper advert if you don't think you'll make money from it. But then at a £100 premium on sovs, You've only got to sell 300 or so sovs to get your money back. Which isn't much really when you think about it

You don't spend between £30k and £40k for a half page national newspaper advert if you don't think you'll make money from it. But then at a £100 premium on sovs, You've only got to sell 300 or so sovs to get your money back. Which isn't much really when you think about it

Where did you get 30-40k from? 

300 would be an incredible amount to sell

You know you're going to get it quick from bbp and their coins are usually in super condition. Yes they are expensive but if I were to buy some one off special purchase such as a 1oz gold RM sheep I may use them. If you save a tenner by buying from elsewhere and it's got a mark you might be disappointed. No need to write them off altogether.

Where did you get 30-40k from? 

300 would be an incredible amount to sell

http://www.mailconnected.co.uk/uploads/files/Daily-Mail-Ratecard.pdf

(couldn't find the Daily Express Rates, but it wouldn't be far off)

Do you really think 300 is a high figure to sell. I don't. (45 Sovs have been sold on Ebay Uk in the last 24 hours, not including half sovs)

HGM will sell that many within a few weeks, with absolutely zero national advertising exposure. I know that The Bullion Centre sell about 50 a week, and again that is with no national advertsing exposure.

Do you really think 300 is a high figure to sell. I don't. (45 Sovs have been sold on Ebay Uk in the last 24 hours, not including half sovs)

HGM will sell that many within a few weeks, with absolutely zero national advertising exposure. I know that The Bullion Centre sell about 50 a week, and again that is with no national advertsing exposure.

300 is massive to sell from that advert, a tiny tiny fraction of readers will pay a second glance at it and an even smaller  fraction will want to buy one

People who go on Ebay & HGM etc are looking to buy, selling something to someone who wants to buy what you sell is a lot easier than selling something to someone who had no prior interest

+ Even if the Ad does perk someones interest, anyone who has ever been on the internet knows to shop around, takes a minute to google "gold sovereign" and look at some different prices.

Who is that advert left with that is can appeal to? people who have never bought precious metals and don't really use the internet

The bullion centre does have national exposure, they advertise on google to people looking to buy gold.

300 is massive to sell from that advert, a tiny tiny fraction of readers will pay a second glance at it and an even smaller  fraction will want to buy one

People who go on Ebay & HGM etc are looking to buy, selling something to someone who wants to buy what you sell is a lot easier than selling something to someone who had no prior interest

+ Even if the Ad does perk someones interest, anyone who has ever been on the internet knows to shop around, takes a minute to google "gold sovereign" and look at some different prices.

Who is that advert left with that is can appeal to? people who have never bought precious metals and don't really use the internet

The bullion centre does have national exposure, they advertise on google to people looking to buy gold.

I think you are confusing the market they are aiming for. Contrary to popular opinion, not everyone is a dab hand at the computer thingy me bob. Anyone over the age of 50 never did computer studies at school, and therefore a large proportion of them rarely use the internet

60% of people over the age of 65, have never used the internet.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/professional-resources-home/policy/computers-and-technology/

That 60% equates to 6 MILLION people in the UK. 

There is also a correlation that a higher proportion than average of older people who buy newspapers and rarely use the internet,.

Why do you think papers like the Daily Mail and Daily Express have pages and pages of holiday adverts, most of which are aimed at the older traveller, and adverts for gardening equipment, stretch trousers and comfy shoes etc.

You have to remember that not every pensioner is poor and living in squalor, there are huge numbers of the older generation with large amounts of disposable income, who would love to buy one of those gold sovereigns for the grandkids future.

Believe me, they will sell more than enough coins to have made that advert very worthwhile.

As for google adverts, don't believe the hype mate. They only work by targeting audiences ALREADY interested in an item. What they don't do is hit the occasional buyer, or someone who had never thought of buying a gold coin before. Newspaper adverts do hit those targets. 

Believe me, they will sell more than enough coins to have made that advert very worthwhile.

As for google adverts, don't believe the hype mate. They only work by targeting audiences ALREADY interested in an item. What they don't do is hit the occasional buyer, or someone who had never thought of buying a gold coin before. Newspaper adverts do hit those targets. 

You've got it all jumbled up

"They only work by targeting audiences ALREADY interested in an item" exactly, making it the very best people to market to.

I've done offline and online marketing, I feel very comfortable saying that advert  (whatever the spent on it) was a huge waste of money and that I bet they barely sold anything to recoup £ 

Whether you believe that or not is out of my hands, but I'm 100% sure it's the reality of it

You've got it all jumbled up

"They only work by targeting audiences ALREADY interested in an item" exactly, making it the very best people to market to.

...........and they miss out the rest of the population. Not the greatest way of increasing sales if you ignore the majority of your potential customers. Whilst it will help to maximise sales within a narrow targeted market, it does nothing to increase customer numbers from outside.

Hence the reason TV, Radio, Magazines and Newspapers are still full of adverts. If google ads were "the way" then the advertising industry would have abandoned the mainstream advertising outlets by now.  :D

Archived