• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have one myself as yet :( but my local coin shop in town has had a couple in before in the past and have seen them in flesh

Seeing a coin that was actually used as currency/money at one time kind of cements the reality of what REAL money is and what paper fiat money is, when you know how the system of money works.

I hope to get a $20 pre1933 at some stage this year :)

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/world-coins/american-eagles/american-gold-double-eagle-20-bullion/

i know they are not the best at all for price usual or safe use of customer data 

Currently they have 2% off the cost of $20 american eagle pre1933 -  currently £843

These don't come up for sale too often on these shores & are beautiful in the flesh

I nearly bought one for £760 from HGM a few months ago.  They had a St. Gaudens listed but when they came to package it they realised it was a Liberty Head and not Gaudens and it was the St. Gaudens which I specifically wanted so I gave it a miss.

The price has been creeping up with spot.  It's a shame they don't separate the Liberty from Gaudens which means it's pot luck which one you receive. 

I take that back, they actually do differentiate them on another listing and those would probably be in better condition with their higher price.  These "random years" are listed as fair to good condition whereas the separate listings have no mention of condition so I assume they are in better condition.

Atkinsons just put a ton of 1 oz gold coins up

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/loose

No real bargains I don't think price wise, but maybe there might be a coin you've been looking for 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

As a collector, there's so many to choose from.  Decided to get the Gibraltar Royal.  It's not elegant but they don't come around very often and will be my first and last.

Atkinsons just put a ton of 1 oz gold coins up

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/loose

No real bargains I don't think price wise, but maybe there might be a coin you've been looking for

Thanks Kman!

I just saw a coin I have been after since I started, so happy to see it, so planning to buy. I just posted in the gold monitoring thread that there was no way I was going to buy at these prices.....so I am hands up guilty of hypocrisy! Rules are made to be broken.

Under what I usually see them go for on eBay, along with recent spot price rises means this 2005 full sov for £299.99 delivered could appeal to someone.

you can get the proof for around that 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I just bought 2 shield back half sovereigns from HGM, £113.78 each so not cheap by sovereign standards but for shield backs it's good (assuming they're in ok condition)

£234.06 total so not too bad. 

They had 3, so one left if anyone wants it. 

I just bought 2 shield back half sovereigns from HGM, £113.78 each so not cheap by sovereign standards but for shield backs it's good (assuming they're in ok condition)

£234.06 total so not too bad.

They had 3, so one left if anyone wants it.

I would be interested, if they still have

HGM have another shield back half sovereign,1892. 

£116

If they had two or something else i wanted id buy it, but £116+ postage doesn't work out to as good of a deal

Archived