• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/2005-gold-sovereigns

Yeah - quite a set of Brits there!

Also saw this bullion 2005 sov - ok, not the nice proof, but I thought £224 for that design may be a pretty good price. I defer to the sovereign collectors here for advice? I haven't got one....and I realise that selling it one will probably get lumped into all the other QE2 bullion. But makes a nice bit of variety in your sovereign sets (like Kmans red box!)

I defer to the sovereign collectors here for advice? 

It's only about £15 more than a normal sovereign 

I think down the years, paying a little extra now for a 2002/2005/2012 sovereign is a good bet 

+  they will hold a bit of premium regardless of spot price

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Britannia Fest at Atkinsons

Nice to have these a full run of different britannias gold 1oz sure

Britannias @ £924 currently at Atkinsons

but when i price against HGM @ 3% over for a choice of a few 1oz coins £862+£6.50 P&P - you are looking at  £55.50 difference 

£55 is a decent basket of shopping, a couple of nights out, a half decent meal for x2 

They are still 1oz of gold at end of the day :)

They are still 1oz of gold at end of the day :)

Indeed they are. For a collector the price doesn't play such an important factor into it. A stacker should just buy the cheapest.

Interesting to see bullion rock have the perth mints 1oz rooster and dog, if they weren't coloured I'd be interested.

http://www.bullionrock.com/c/13/special-offers

I stumbled on the wrong Gold Deals page (the 1st page thinking it was most recent) and saw this post above from Garthy about bullionrock from July last year

Now i check bullionrock a couple times per week to see whats what and they still have these can remember these always seeming to be available.  They have not gone out of stock and recently came back in to the best of my knowledge

For an established bullion dealer to still have them on their books after x6 months goes to show the general buying public are not to fond of coloured gold !

Might be a wee lesson learned here if people are buying to sell privately in future these coloured gold coins may be best avoided 

I stumbled on the wrong Gold Deals page (the 1st page thinking it was most recent) and saw this post above from Garthy about bullionrock from July last year

Now i check bullionrock a couple times per week to see whats what and they still have these can remember these always seeming to be available. They have not gone out of stock and recently came back in to the best of my knowledge

For an established bullion dealer to still have them on their books after x6 months goes to show the general buying public are not to fond of coloured gold !

Might be a wee lesson learned here if people are buying to sell privately in future these coloured gold coins may be best avoided

I think that goes for gold and silver to be honest, massively cutting down your resale market as so many people are not a fan of coloured coins.

All I need to do is work out how to remove the colour from an S2 2oz mouse, I'd be happy [emoji1]

Stacker since 2013

I think that goes for gold and silver to be honest, massively cutting down your resale market as so many people are not a fan of coloured coins.

All I need to do is work out how to remove the colour from an S2 2oz mouse, I'd be happy [emoji1]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Coins-/58520/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Auction=1&LH_Complete=1&_ipg=200&_nkw=gold+sovereign&_sop=19&rt=nc

Here is a link for recent completed eBay via AUCTION format (not buy it now)

i.e. sales actually attained what people chose what to bid up to

The sea of green (completed figures) gives as good an indication as any, as to the popularity of gold full & half sovereigns in the UK 

none of this coloured fandangled gold or modern issue rubbish :)

It's only about £15 more than a normal sovereign 

I think down the years, paying a little extra now for a 2002/2005/2012 sovereign is a good bet 

+  they will hold a bit of premium regardless of spot price

Thanks Kman - that encourages me, although I still haven't hit the button. Maybe I am waiting to see if there is a drop back, and then pick one up.

Do like the HGM US eagle for £862 also over the weekend, but also sitting uncomfortably on the fence on that as it was not really on my target list...altho £862 is as good a price for an oz as you will see.

The 1991 is a Good coin with only 5000 made this will be a good investment in the long run but the 1987 had 14000 made not so good.

Still if the buyer was going to buy Gold anyway he/she has a good deal IMO. 

I like the design of the 2012 sov but the mintage figures were huge iirc.  Way above normal years so I won't pay a premium for one.  Just went to buy a 2002 sov and found I had a 2002 half sov in my cart that didn't show up anywhere on the Atkinsons site so I ordered it anyway and contacted them to ask if it was a mistake or not.   Turns out it was in stock but not on the site yet!  Paid a bit more than I'd like at £117.  That is very near proof price.

I like the design of the 2012 sov but the mintage figures were huge iirc.  Way above normal years so I won't pay a premium for one.  Just went to buy a 2002 sov and found I had a 2002 half sov in my cart that didn't show up anywhere on the Atkinsons site so I ordered it anyway and contacted them to ask if it was a mistake or not.   Turns out it was in stock but not on the site yet!  Paid a bit more than I'd like at £117.  That is very near proof price.

www.goldline.co.uk are the cheapest £211.50 for 2012 sovereign,they have about hundred left, and they are B U mint sealed.

Gold line are also doing a good price on the lunar horse 1oz gold. Got one arriving tomorrow

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Gold line are also doing a good price on the lunar horse 1oz gold. Got one arriving tomorrow

It sounds funny to say now since it wasn't that long ago (last year)..

But man I remember when you could get one for £770 from goldline *puts on flat cap and smokes pipe* those were the days 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

It sounds funny to say now since it wasn't that long ago (last year)..

But man I remember when you could get one for £770 from goldline *puts on flat cap and smokes pipe* those were the days

Yes, good price in relation to spot and premium. My timing and predictions are rubbish. Thought we would go lower than price in November. Now worry that price is going to take off. Will keep chipping away though, better than leaving it with the banksters.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived