• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QB completer

Bogart

Am I alone in thinking this coin is just an attempt by the RM to squeeze a few more quid out of somebody. If I had all 10 beasts not sure I can see the point in adding a completer to the setup.

Again might be me just musing a load of cobblers, as I am want to do.

Everything they sell is about squeezing maximum returns. 

Just glad they didn't do a completer reverse frosted set😅

How's this for logic, I completed the 1/4oz gold x 10 recently, then I felt the urge to hunt a 1oz gold completer ( none available in 1/4 size) did it make me feel the set is finally completed 😀? NOPE...

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

You are certainly not alone in your thinking, that’s the first thing I though when I first seen the QB completer is I wish they had minted this one first, it might have saved me trying to get the full set  

I like the coin, probably more so than all of them.  A lot of mints/producers seem to do this with series. It is a nice set to own however, it takes dedication to complete these sets. 
enjoy yours 

Edited by Silverbull

25 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Am I alone in thinking this coin is just an attempt by the RM to squeeze a few more quid out of somebody. If I had all 10 beasts not sure I can see the point in adding a completer to the setup.

Yes, but they did it very well. The 1oz gold proof is lovely 

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

If you have ten QB you will defiantly need the completer it finishes off the set very nicely its a super looking coin. The QB series is a great way to keep the interest going while stacking 1oz Bullion at the same time as each coin is unique. There are some forum members who have stacked ten of each QB and this looks amazing 👍

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

If you have ten QB you will defiantly need the completer it finishes off the set very nicely its a super looking coin. The QB series is a great way to keep the interest going while stacking 1oz Bullion at the same time as each coin is unique. There are some forum members who have stacked ten of each QB and this looks amazing 👍

😁

2 hours ago, Silverbull said:

You are certainly not alone in your thinking, that’s the first thing I though when I first seen the QB completer is I wish they had minted this one first, it might have saved me trying to get the full set  

I like the coin, probably more so than all of them.  A lot of mints/producers seem to do this with series. It is a nice set to own however, it takes dedication to complete these sets. 
enjoy yours 

Still a few to go but getting there.

1 hour ago, AurumArgenti said:

I trust tony tiger over tony blair anyday!

IMG_20221009_153319.jpg

No contest. A lion versus another creature of 4 letters it beginning with li as well just the last 2 letters different.

Edited by Bogart

Another thumbs up for the Completer coin here.  
It's really nice, and it also means that some people might just want to own the Completer coin and not actually own or collect the set of 10 individual Beasts.

I have four Completers in three metals and three different sizes.  Love them all!

6 minutes ago, Bogart said:

I can fully understand buying the Completer alone. Just not sure by making it the No11

I agree somewhat with this, and it was a beyond 'cheeky' move by the Mint, but I'm very glad to have it, it's one of my favourite bullion coins. Probably it should have been marketed a bit differently - the Completer is a lame marketing tagline. I'd have simply called it The Queen's Beasts (not sure what else it could be called?) and released it as a separate (but obviously complementary) product.

I can see why but it sucks there is no 1/4 gold. Bit of a slap in the face, that (again only because of the marketing).

1 minute ago, Bogart said:

Look you lot give over or you are going to have me buying one of these.😛

If you are collecting the 1oz coins, then I'm sorry but you need one. If you ever come to sell,the first question you will be facing is ( does that price include the completer) 

Whatever your views are now,you will soften and eventually end up buying anyway, so the real question is " do I buy now" or wait until they are £3k plus🤣🤣

If you collect the set then you need the completer but this is annoying after buying a nice bespoke wooden QB box for the set and didn't know there would be an additional coin. Equally annoying, whilst I have a short rant, is buying a nice box for the Royal Mint Lunar Series that abruptly ended leaving far too many empty slots. Rant over - worse things happening for sure.