• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best Buy

Silverbull

5 x 1/10th ounce will be better for liquidity if you don't want or need to sell all of it in one go.

If that is even slightly important to you, then it's the better deal, given that the price difference is less than 2%.

Edited by Stuntman

That is what I was thinking also I’m leaning towards the 1/10th oz I don’t have any philharmonics 

the only advantage I can see with the Britannia is the security features and difference in price.

but it’s a very small difference. 

thank you for the input 

1 hour ago, Silverbull said:

Suggestions please  

What coin is the best deal ? 
Five 1/10th 2021 gold philharmonic coins for £850 pounds,  
Or one 1/2oz 2022 Britannia £838.85 pounds 

Thank you in advance for any advice.

If you offered me half an ounce of gold for £850 or

half an ounce of gold for £838.35, I would go for the latter.

Liquidity is not a strong argument.

Either choice is quite close though.

😎

Chards

That is what I was thinking also I’m leaning towards the 1/10th oz I don’t have any philharmonics 

the only advantage I can see with the Britannia is the security features and difference in price.

but it’s a very small difference. 

thank you for the input.

Liquidity Is a strong factor for me also,

if I needed to sell/trade in the future 

plus the premium is more on the 1/ 10th 

Thanks for the comments everyone  

I’m going to go for the Phills 😕 

C6A8DE43-1144-47F8-B024-88254E008BAF.jpeg

5 hours ago, Silverbull said:

Suggestions please  

What's your goal/expectations?

Based on the 2 choices you have given, my thoughts are... 

investment/hedge against something surely..go with the lowest premium item.

Can you write off what your investing today? Again go with the lowest premium item. 

Is Liquidity always going to be at the forefront of your mind? If so, then reconsider your purchase first and foremost, are you sure you can afford to risk this amount ( it is a risk after all) if you still want to proceed then go with the lowest premium 😄 

I'm going to go against the general consensus and say if bought right ( from forum possibly, the only time you loose money is by selling at the wrong time in relation to spot price) then a 1/2oz brit will sell just as quickly if not quicker than 5 x 1/10th philharmonics.

Here's my reasoning, I make 2 sales posts right now. 1 for the half oz brit priced at £825+ post and 1 for the 5 x 1/10th phillys. 

1/2oz Brit post, needs only one buyer to recognise my coin is priced fairly in relation to gold value and 💥 it's bought and posted to new owner with little to no stress.

5 x 1/10th philly post, yes 1/10th coins are more affordable to the masses, but I now have to likely sell to 5 individual people because anyone with the budget for all, will have opted for the 1 x lower premium coin. So I've now 5 trips to post office and 5 times more risk of something going wrong. 

As we are specifically talking about £850 or less purchase here, please don't assume that smaller higher premium coins are more liquid, there not. What they do offer though is the ability to only cash in what you need fiat wise in smaller chunks. Whereas obviously the 1/2 oz has to be sold in one go.

It's late and hopefully I haven't muddied the water on your preferred choice, but for me premium over liquidity everyday of the week.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 hours ago, Silverbull said:

Suggestions please  

I'd say buy what you like best as there isn't a huge difference in price. 

Having said that, if you were to sell on the forum at a later date, then I suspect the 1/2oz Britannia will be more sought after.

9 hours ago, James32 said:

What's your goal/expectations?

Based on the 2 choices you have given, my thoughts are... 

investment/hedge against something surely..go with the lowest premium item.

Can you write off what your investing today? Again go with the lowest premium item. 

Is Liquidity always going to be at the forefront of your mind? If so, then reconsider your purchase first and foremost, are you sure you can afford to risk this amount ( it is a risk after all) if you still want to proceed then go with the lowest premium 😄 

I'm going to go against the general consensus and say if bought right ( from forum possibly, the only time you loose money is by selling at the wrong time in relation to spot price) then a 1/2oz brit will sell just as quickly if not quicker than 5 x 1/10th philharmonics.

Here's my reasoning, I make 2 sales posts right now. 1 for the half oz brit priced at £825+ post and 1 for the 5 x 1/10th phillys. 

1/2oz Brit post, needs only one buyer to recognise my coin is priced fairly in relation to gold value and 💥 it's bought and posted to new owner with little to no stress.

5 x 1/10th philly post, yes 1/10th coins are more affordable to the masses, but I now have to likely sell to 5 individual people because anyone with the budget for all, will have opted for the 1 x lower premium coin. So I've now 5 trips to post office and 5 times more risk of something going wrong. 

As we are specifically talking about £850 or less purchase here, please don't assume that smaller higher premium coins are more liquid, there not. What they do offer though is the ability to only cash in what you need fiat wise in smaller chunks. Whereas obviously the 1/2 oz has to be sold in one go.

It's late and hopefully I haven't muddied the water on your preferred choice, but for me premium over liquidity everyday of the week.

My Goal is to protect against inflation, and pass on when the time comes. 
Expectations to always have something that is valuable in emergency’s  

I can write it off 

I don’t like to buy from bullion dealers because they account for everything I buy,

if I buy more than £10k in one year they want a lot of paper work, 

the 10ths are a private sale. 

you make a very interesting observation here   

Thank you for your input   

peace  

9 hours ago, James32 said:

3 hours ago, artalien said:

The best deal is the 5 1/10 ths. If I saw those two listings you suggest I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 10s. Personal opinion ofc 😃

Why?

4 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Seriously I'd go for the little phils, you can sell one at a time if needs be, but if you price them properly you could shift all 5 in an hour on this amazing forum.

All profits go on binoculars to try and see what you just bought. 

Just now, TheShinyStuff said:

Yes, it is.

Your lying to yourself, I can't allow it.

Just now, artalien said:

One has gots to have an exit strat or why bother with the Shiny at all. What do all them beautiful coins do after all but sit in some dark corner etc, unseen.

Completely agreed, but 1/10ths being more liquid is a complete load of bollocks. 

They cost more per gram out the gate, so investment is disadvantaged from the get go.

1 minute ago, artalien said:

Do you wanna risk £800 in a oner on freebay?

What?