• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just thinking out loud!

2 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

But all is not lost, yet!!

They want the original packaging and another copy of the invoice from when i bought the coin. Thankfully the buyer kept the packaging and its on its way back to me.

Feel its game over though.

Well thankfully you have the invoice, but that's still absolutely shocking. Charge you for an insured service then make you jump through a thousand hoops before they honour their part.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Well thankfully you have the invoice, but that's still absolutely shocking. Charge you for an insured service then make you jump through a thousand hoops before they honour their part.

What would they accept as an invoice.... would a scrap piece of paper do with bad and possibly misspellt words on do? 

Just now, James32 said:

It really makes you think 

We pay a lot for insured post and obviously they have a policy to follow to stop fraudulent claims.... but would only receipts/invoices from proper retailers be valid? A lot of us buy between each other and we are just "normies" selling our wares between us. 

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

We pay a lot for insured post and obviously they have a policy to follow to stop fraudulent claims.... but would only receipts/invoices from proper retailers be valid? A lot of us buy between each other and we are just "normies" selling our wares between us. 

That's my exact worries 😟 

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

If i sell a coin of value in the future, I'll be doing all i can to hand it to the buyer in person.

Just now, Mtaybar said:

I've not had any issues yet with the postage of anything I've sent or received but I'm starting to rethink how their policy actually works. 

Yeah me too. 

Someone should probably start a thread on it tbh, has to be a fair few members who had the misfortune of making successful claims 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I take it that's all you have?

I have already sent a copy of the original  invoice from BBP 1st time round. They will be getting another as soon as the original packaging turns up next week.

2 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

I have already sent a copy of the original  invoice from BBP 1st time round. They will be getting another as soon as the original packaging turns up next week.

Why have they asked for another copy? 

I'm wondering are they trying to tire you out,in the hope you just give up.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Theyve asked for proof of postage again aswell which they already have. They only wanted originals and thats what they already have. There is nothing else i can do but print off another invoice that i got by email from BBP and wait for the packaging to get here.

4 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

This has already been covered but here's my little rant:

Having to wait several days to receive feedback from a seller is really infuriating. ESPECIALLY, if they are active constantly on the forum.

I've decided I won't buy again from sellers that do this. We are all here to help each other and build trust within the community. Help me to help you. Takes less then 45 seconds to complete and post a positive feedback for a reliable buyer. Just as much as a seller wants to close a deal and get paid ASAP - a buyer expects the same mutual consideration when it comes to feedback and updates on their items during the transcation and overall process.

This is most important especially for fairly new members or buyers of the forum that wish to build on their trusted reputation so that experienced sellers are happy to deal with them.

I can sell to you few silver spoons one by one. I can double your trading history cheap, easy and problem free.🤗

29 minutes ago, James32 said:

Maybe.

One last shot and i have no choice but to give up.

No idea if theres an appeal process but its the post office investigating the post office so....

19 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

This has already been covered but here's my little rant:

Having to wait several days to receive feedback from a seller is really infuriating. ESPECIALLY, if they are active constantly on the forum.

I've decided I won't buy again from sellers that do this. We are all here to help each other and build trust within the community. Help me to help you. Takes less then 45 seconds to complete and post a positive feedback for a reliable buyer. Just as much as a seller wants to close a deal and get paid ASAP - a buyer expects the same mutual consideration when it comes to feedback and updates on their items during the transcation and overall process.

This is most important especially for fairly new members or buyers of the forum that wish to build on their trusted reputation so that experienced sellers are happy to deal with them.

Well said.

Wanted Ads! 🙄

Sellers are expected to post their asking price, can't buyers posting wanted ads at least post what their expectations are, maybe a price they want beating?

Even if a price can be agreed in principle and buyer declares yes defo interested subject to pics and great lengths are gone to collecting so called wanted item, photographing wanted item confirming state of offering next news buyer maintains radio silence later replies with sorry about delay mulling other deal etc. I imagine most keep majority of stack in some sort of secure storage, it can't be just me suffering giant ball ache.

What you got, what year, pics, how much, let me have a think about it... gets on ma tatas 😮

Rant over 😅

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

Wanted Ads! 🙄

Sellers are expected to post their asking price, can't buyers posting wanted ads at least post what their expectations are, maybe a price they want beating?

Even if a price can be agreed in principle and buyer declares yes defo interested subject to pics and great lengths are gone to collecting so called wanted item, photographing wanted item confirming state of offering next news buyer maintains radio silence later replies with sorry about delay mulling other deal etc. I imagine most keep majority of stack in some sort of secure storage, it can't be just me suffering giant ball ache.

What you got, what year, pics, how much, let me have a think about it... gets on ma tatas 😮

Rant over 😅

🤔 sounds pretty fair 🫢

• 1 month later...

Here's another one from me:

If you are selling a bar or coin, silver or gold, proof or bullion and you are AWARE that the condition may not be great. Please have the courtesy to just highlight it in your listing and don't strategically take a photo where the marks cannot be seen due to the angle you've taken the photo or from the light reflecting from the surface of the coin/bar.

Off course we as buyers should ask in advance of the condition however it should be basic practice to ANNOUNCE any abnormalities or excessive marks/milking/dings/dents on your items for sale.

Thank you

1 minute ago, MrStacker said:

Here's another one from me:

If you are selling a bar or coin, silver or gold, proof or bullion and you are AWARE that the condition may not be great. Please have the courtesy to just highlight it in your listing and don't strategically take a photo where the marks cannot be seen due to the angle you've taken the photo or from the light reflecting from the surface of the coin/bar.

Off course we as buyers should ask in advance of the condition however it should be basic practice to ANNOUNCE any abnormalities or excessive marks/milking/dings/dents on your items for sale.

Thank you

Agreed!!

There are some good tips here actually. I like to take as clear photos as I can, because I don't want to disappoint a buyer with a blemish which couldn't be seen in a vaseline photo. If it has an issue, I will say so. I'm actually quite proud of the photos I put up in my listings! 

I don't think I've stuck any capsules to cardboard...I used to bubble wrap, cardboard, then bubble wrap, but I was making the large letters too chunky, I'll cut out a significant portion of cardboard, fold it over and seal the sides, so the coin is inside it, but I might cover it in a thin layer of bubble wrap as I didn't consider what you say about the capsules. 

Communication is the key to any healthy relationship! I'll give a tracking number and usually a photo of the parcel as soon as I have it, if I was unable to post it, I shall let you know. Similarly, if you can't post it for several days after, I don't care; it's a coin/bar, just let me know :)

i would like to participate in the naughty step more, but boobs offend me.