• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to drag the Royal Mint's business model in to this century?

A good word... so we have gone form you have had no direct communication with the Royal Mint since at least 20 years - to you getting emails from them as a Mint Marque customer - (or did someone forward that to you)

You might have mentioned it earlier - when I was saying a number of MM customer were trade and not just wealthy VIP collecting coins - the point of this whole Post.

And why are trade marking up massively at launch over RRP. 

Not sure what to believe from you now

Are you personally (or your business) a Mint Marque customer, with an account manger or not..

1 minute ago, BarryWoods said:

so we have gone form you have had no direct communication with the Royal Mint since at least 20 years

Sweet jaysus on a rusty bike Barry!

Lawrence said/implied it's nothing he hasn't already mentioned ( meaning he has no problem speaking up when the occasion merits) to RM whether directly or indirectly over the past 20+ years.

He did not say or imply he has had zero contact with them.

What marketing where you in charge of in you're previous life?? Braille 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, BarryWoods said:

Lawrence - Question - Does that email mean you are a Mint Marque customer....! 

(and that sounds like direct communication to me - "talking" can be verbal/email in my mind)

WTF  !!

I can see you are razor sharp this morning.

The e-mail was addressed to our cat. Other than that, I am not going to drag him in to this matter.

However your ability to comprehend seems to be extremely selective...

Unfortunately, you are still failing to understand the plain simple English words I used, and you now appear to be misquoting me for about the tenth time.

I will remind you again what I actually said, as opposed to what you imagine or wish I had said.

In response to your comment "- and Chards seem to have just made a silly business decision with that comment - mocking RM's ethics, in public...!"

"Nothing I have not communicated to them directly, since 2000 at least."

Everyone else on this Forum seems to understand perfectly, and some have tried to explain it, probably for you benefit. Alas to no avail.

Perhaps your brain can only deal with one concept at a time?

Chards

Just now, GoldStatue said:

If you were trying to big up someone why would you mention they worked at Oak Furnitureland 😂

It will all seem super relevant in 10 years' time.

I for one would definitely buy an oak coin if the Royal Mint made one. But how would they make it? Precision CNC? Heat searing dies? Frikkin' laser beams?!

Hell, I want an oak coin now. Does anyone make one?!

Just now, James32 said:

Sweet jaysus on a rusty bike Barry!

Lawrence said/implied it's nothing he hasn't already mentioned ( meaning he has no problem speaking up when the occasion merits) to RM whether directly or indirectly over the past 20+ years.

He did not say or imply he has had zero contact with them.

What marketing where you in charge of in you're previous life?? Braille 😁

"said/implied - good grief - he didn't mention he was a MM customer did he.. so now I know why he had so many trolling comment to attempt to distract- 

It comes down to this

Is Chards an authorised RM dealer (and all other dealers) of RM products - and should sell at RRP  (and another dealer candidly told me they had a MM account already)

Or

Is Chard's a personal VIP customer of RM - with a Mint Marque account, then all the exclusive coins go though his business.

If anyone were to buy from Chard's - say a Gothic Crown 10 oz gold - am I the first member of the public to buy it. OR am I buying it on the secondary market.. (this does matter)

The RM should make it very clear to the public - how their list price coins (and publish ful lprice list) end up at dealers at multiples of RRP

- IF dealers buy directly as MM customers - this is TRADE

- and I have asked the RM to sort this out - If not Trading Standards and Consumer protection comes in next

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I can see you are razor sharp this morning.

The e-mail was addressed to our cat. Other than that, I am not going to drag him in to this matter.

However your ability to comprehend seems to be extremely selective...

Unfortunately, you are still failing to understand the plain simple English words I used, and you now appear to be misquoting me for about the tenth time.

I will remind you again what I actually said, as opposed to what you imagine or wish I had said.

In response to your comment "- and Chards seem to have just made a silly business decision with that comment - mocking RM's ethics, in public...!"

Everyone else on this Forum seems to understand perfectly, and some have tried to explain it, probably for you benefit. Alas to no avail.

Perhaps your brain can only deal with one concept at a time?

Lawrence

If I (or anyone else) buy a Gothic Crown from your business.

Is this the first purchase by a member of the public of that coin, or am i buying it 2nd hand.

What is it?

2 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

"said/implied - good grief - he didn't mention he was a MM customer did he.. so now I know why he had so many trolling comment to attempt to distract- 

It comes down to this

Is Chards an authorised RM dealer (and all other dealers) of RM products - and should sell at RRP  (and another dealer candidly told me they had a MM account already)

Or

Is Chard's a personal VIP customer of RM - with a Mint Marque account, then all the exclusive coins go though his business.

If anyone were to buy from Chard's - say a Gothic Crown 10 oz gold - am I the first member of the public to buy it. OR am I buying it on the secondary market.. (this does matter)

The RM should make it very clear to the public - how their list price coins (and publish ful lprice list) end up at dealers at multiples of RRP

- and I have asked the RM to sort this out - If not Trading Standards and Consumer protection comes in next

Seriously? 

If you dont like the price of something just dont buy it.....

Have you never sold anything at a profit? Lawerence doesnt need to directly commincate with the mint. Why? Becuase hes the Director, he pays his staff to do so for him, He gets kept in the loop.  Thats why directors do, lead, manage, negoiate....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

17 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

A good word... so we have gone form you have had no direct communication with the Royal Mint since at least 20 years

FFS and JFC!

WTF do you persist in misquoting me time after time after F. time. You are beginning to make yourself look and sound stupid.

I did not say "have had no direct communication with the Royal Mint since at least 20 years"

I said:

I am starting to think I would have more success trying to reason with a parrot.

Chards

Just now, BarryWoods said:

It comes down to this

Or

So it all started with buying a coin from fun house/ toys are us...

Then by page 3 it's categorically the Royal Mints fault....

Now on page ( who knows ) your specifically going after Lawrence's business?

It's really unfortunate because you have/had some very valid points and criticisms,  but all you have done is alienate yourself. 

Last piece of friendly advice and I'm out of this lunacy for good....please please please no matter how tempting it may seem, do not volunteer to represent yourself in court!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

17 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It will all seem super relevant in 10 years' time.

I for one would definitely buy an oak coin if the Royal Mint made one. But how would they make it? Precision CNC? Heat searing dies? Frikkin' laser beams?!

Hell, I want an oak coin now. Does anyone make one?!

You can get wooden nickels in the USA and Canada:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooden_nickel

I doubt if they are oak though.

Chards

@BarryWoods Can I buy you a one way single on the 'Outrage Bus' to the Daily Mail in fleet street?  I can see it now, its like Peter Schiff screaming at the bitcoin price when it goes up.

Old man shouts at price of things would be the headline. 

thats the point of a competative market you pay your money you take your choice.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Ok Lawrence-

I'll just ask Trading Standards to establish the exact nature of all dealers relationships with RM.

And how consumers stand buying a RM product from them. 

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

@BarryWoods Can I buy you a one way single on the 'Outrage Bus' to the Daily Mail in fleet street?  I can see it now, its like Peter Schiff screaming at the bitcoin price when it goes up.

Old man shouts at price of things would be the headline. 

thats the point of a competative market you pay your money you take your choice.

Mail on Sunday 😉 maybe.. 😉 https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-mail-on-sunday/20141026/282531541667529

18 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Lawrence

If I (or anyone else) buy a Gothic Crown from your business.

Is this the first purchase by a member of the public of that coin, or am i buying it 2nd hand.

What is it?

Do you ask your wife questions like that?

😎

Chards

3 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Ok Lawrence-

I'll just ask Trading Standards to establish the exact nature of all dealers relationships with RM.

And how consumers stand buying a RM product from them. 

Mail on Sunday 😉 maybe.. 😉 https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-mail-on-sunday/20141026/282531541667529

are you a reporter?

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Ok Lawrence-

Good luck with that, you have more chance of getting anywhere with nailing custard to the wall.

you are backing yourself into a corner, writing drivel like this. I'm done now....