• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

RM Lunar 2022 Year of the Tiger

1 hour ago, DeepSpace said:

They've had a few different designers on this series and so as a set the coins haven't looked as 'coherent' as they might have done. Saying that this design looks better to me than some of the others.

And I thought this was part of the series!

Tigger.jpg

1 hour ago, MickB said:

I thought I read somewhere, maybe on the forum, that the Royal Mint had pulled the plug on this series.

They ceased the BU issues, but not proofs.

Re Tiger: 1 Oz version description states "limited edition presentation" of 2688, but with a maximum mintage of 3998 - does anybody have any ideas on 1310 usage? Certain special bundles or what?

12 minutes ago, ak74 said:

They ceased the BU issues, but not proofs.

Re Tiger: 1 Oz version description states "limited edition presentation" of 2688, but with a maximum mintage of 3998 - does anybody have any ideas on 1310 usage? Certain special bundles or what?

Strike Your Own at the Royal Mint Experience in Wales???

2 hours ago, MickB said:

I thought I read somewhere, maybe on the forum, that the Royal Mint had pulled the plug on this series.

The pulled the plug on the BU silver version, I was collecting those, bought a display box and everything then they just decided to can it halfway through, still happy to peddle the proofs and the massively overpriced cupro-nickel coins though.  This combined with the shocking quality control of the proofs and the fact this does not even look like a coherent series it changes halfway through was what made me decide I'm done with the Royal Mint.

43 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

The pulled the plug on the BU silver version, I was collecting those, bought a display box and everything then they just decided to can it halfway through, still happy to peddle the proofs and the massively overpriced cupro-nickel coins though.  This combined with the shocking quality control of the proofs and the fact this does not even look like a coherent series it changes halfway through was what made me decide I'm done with the Royal Mint.

I bought the au bullion to date. They didn't do the 2021 OX except proof, now the 2022 tiger is only available in proof and we'll have to wait for a decision on whether the bu tiger will be in production. What a load of boll***s. I preferred the early coins much more interesting design to look at. The newer coins are just plain boring. I'm not filling the gaps with proofs thought, I'll just call it a day. I couldn't trust the RM with the Quality for proof prices. Shame thought I would have liked to have a full set of these.

Edited by Groundup

The dog (with its laughing face) put me off, and then I stopped there (for silver and gold), and has only purchased the Nickel ones (for the kids).  

That being said, the little red pocket package for the 2nd (sheep) and 3rd (monkey) gold bullion is indeed a great idea!  I don't know what prompted RM to ditch the idea for the 4th (rooster) and all subsequent changes...

IMG_20210913.jpg

Edited by west6
change of picture.