• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Maid Marion Gold n Silver out today

CollectorNo1

I will be getting the silver bullion one to go along with my Robin Hood one.

Might have a bit too much foliage in the design but she does seem to stand out when I look at the picture of silver one on the Royal Mint site.

The third one is supposed to feature Little John.

There have been so many films and series over the years about Robin Hood.. I have seen Marion shoot an arrow or 2 and as Robin and his Merry men are just myths I guess the RM can use abit of artistic licence when they produce these coins..I did a little research and apparently there are only going to be 3 in this series..the next being Little John. So what will be the next in the 'Myths and Legends series '??? Maybe King Arthur,Guinevere and Lancelot might be an idea...that's all I can think of to be honest..🤔🤔

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

There have been so many films and series over the years about Robin Hood.. I have seen Marion shoot an arrow or 2 and as Robin and his Merry men are just myths I guess the RM can use abit of artistic licence when they produce these coins..I did a little research and apparently there are only going to be 3 in this series..the next being Little John. So what will be the next in the 'Myths and Legends series '??? Maybe King Arthur,Guinevere and Lancelot might be an idea...that's all I can think of to be honest..🤔🤔

The BBC did the series in 2006 with a shooting Marion. I guess the RM followed the BBC ;) 

3986cf703ad8f51a9cae43c1fee1bdba.jpg

I want a monty python one of Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor, who had nearly stood up to the Vicious Chicken of Bristol, and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt. My favourite chat up line - j'adorerais te frapper dans la pipe à pet.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I want a monty python one of Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor, who had nearly stood up to the Vicious Chicken of Bristol, and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill 

followed of course by the Knights who say Neh!

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I really love this coin!  There are elements in the design that irk me a little - the cuff that she's wearing bothers me, and the historian in me wishes that she was wearing a more period accurate hairstyle - but on the whole, I like it.  It's shaping up to be a nice series so far. 

As i am still very new to stacking i have not been able to collect a series of coins yet and i have been considering this series as i love the look of the Robin Hood coin and although i agree it is a bit messy, i do like this 2nd coin in the series also. I am still on the fence though, i like Robin Hood and his tale in general but not enough to get excited over a coin collection. 

I guess it is a question of, will the coins hold more value in the future due to the Robin Hood link? Or would i be better off just adding to my Britannia stack?

I need to decide soon though, so i do not miss out.

54 minutes ago, DuperDash said:

As i am still very new to stacking i have not been able to collect a series of coins yet and i have been considering this series as i love the look of the Robin Hood coin and although i agree it is a bit messy, i do like this 2nd coin in the series also. I am still on the fence though, i like Robin Hood and his tale in general but not enough to get excited over a coin collection. 

I guess it is a question of, will the coins hold more value in the future due to the Robin Hood link? Or would i be better off just adding to my Britannia stack?

I need to decide soon though, so i do not miss out.

There are plenty of them to go around..you won't miss out..can't really go wrong with the silver bullion if you have the money get the Gold but imo you would be better off buying a 1oz britannia.

Traumatized disgust GIF

m'ah :( ill pass on this.  

Be stocking up the 2oz Queens Beasts completers instead, for years to come instead once they are discontinued 

Think they will retain a pleasant collectors premium once they are not freely available 

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Traumatized disgust GIF

m'ah :( ill pass on this.  

Be stocking up the 2oz Queens Beasts completers instead, for years to come instead once they are discontinued 

Think they will retain a pleasant collectors premium once they are not freely available 

I like that 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Perhaps depending on how well the bullion series performs, they will do Proof versions too. That’s what they did with the Queen’s Beasts. 

The proofs in these I think would look great but can't see the RM doing that....'But never say never'

6 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

2nd in the series....to me it looks a bit busy and messy...what does everyone think? Anyone going to collect this series..I'm sure there are going to be a few editions coming out.....I'm not that keen tbh.

Ages ago, I asked Doug (our on-call flasher) to create a visualisation of a Maid Marian coin.

This is what he came up with:

2021elizabethiichambermaidmarion-FANTASY-MOCKUP-1OZSILVERreversecrop.thumb.jpg.0a063b7d898194d2ff4a290d563582dc.jpg

i think it could be more popular then the actual RM design. 🙂

Chards

30 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Ages ago, I asked Doug (our on-call flasher) to create a visualisation of a Maid Marian coin.

2021elizabethiichambermaidmarion-FANTASY-MOCKUP-1OZSILVERreversecrop.thumb.jpg.0a063b7d898194d2ff4a290d563582dc.jpg

Can I order '10' 😆😆

32 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I just want the blow up version

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt. My favourite chat up line - j'adorerais te frapper dans la pipe à pet.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, CollectorNo1 said:

Oh yes!!!..I'll have a couple...always get '2'..haha

Im tight - I just get a puncture repair kit!

17 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

2nd in the series....to me it looks a bit busy and messy...what does everyone think? Anyone going to collect this series..I'm sure there are going to be a few editions coming out.....I'm not that keen tbh.

Screenshot_20210816-124839_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210816-124756_Chrome.jpg

I wonder why the Royal Mint seems to have stopped putting security features on its new bullion coins?  It made a big song and dance about the security features on the 2021 bullion Britannia, but this release (and the Completer coin) do not seem to have any!

I believe the security feature is just for the Britannia's as these are mostly faked within British bullion. Putting a security feature on the completer coin would have ruined the appearance if it was the same feature they have put on the Britannia's Going forward I would say there will be some kind of security feature on all bullion coins,what that will be is anyone's idea. Maybe it will be something like the new ASE"s with a gap within the reeded edge...but I'm not a fan of that....Time will tell..

Archived