• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Will have it graded as it might hit MS which would be great.

Will be interested to see how they grade it, depends how they reconcile the different sides. I would guess 58 - 60

Also interested to know how much you paid and who from (PM if you like)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Founder & Administrator

All this sovereign talk needs another thread  :lol:

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

The only shield I have is not near by but I haven't looked at the mint mark. Just had a look at a past photo. Can anyone else see a P?

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/1475-old-coins/page-2?hl=oldest#entry22101

It's a '72 London, no mint mark (possible marks for this year are S and M, if you'll pardon the expression :D ).

It's also the slightly rarer no die number version, book value £350-400 in that condition.

Looks like you've been on a proof buying spree recently.  Gone are the days of cheap/scrap silver?

I have gone a bit crazy with proofs recently, But not at all, this set has an ASW of 2.8 troy oz, and I paid £40 delivered so really isn't much more than buying maples, and the bird designs will keep the missus happy. 

I do still buy a fair bit of scrap and cheap bullion but don't tend to share it in this topic as much:) 

• Founder & Administrator

Picked up a couple of nellies to extend my date run backwards. That takes me back to 2009 now, including the privies, still a few to go!

Nice! Really beautiful coins. I think I only went as far back as 2012 because the older ones get a bit of a premium, and I don't like how they have a bad rep for milk spotting. Some of mine have already gone a bit milky :(

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Nice! Really beautiful coins. I think I only went as far back as 2012 because the older ones get a bit of a premium, and I don't like how they have a bad rep for milk spotting. Some of mine have already gone a bit milky :(

yes they do look to be getting pricey from 08 back, don't think I'll be getting there anytime soon. A lot of 5 (1999 - 2003) went this evening for almost £50 a coin, which compared to some on offer isn't too bad I guess.

This brought my average way down. To £18.76p per oz.and a total of 100 oz.

Well done SP, congratulations.

I'm pretty sure when we first started chatting (before I poached you to this forum), you were in the high teens, so you have come a long way!!!

That's a very enviable average too!!!

Stacker since 2013

Congrats on the 100 mate,

Are you stopping at that, or do you have the next 100 in mind :)

Thank you HT, I intend to stack gold but it will be a slow process and i will miss the buying buzz and the searching online,i did say i would stop at 100oz but i must admit i have looked at four Maple tubes, or a lidle coin case and collect Perth silver.

To be honest i do not know at the moment with silver but when i can  afford a gold coin i will get a half sovereign.

Well done SP, congratulations.

I'm pretty sure when we first started chatting (before I poached you to this forum), you were in the high teens, so you have come a long way!!!

That's a very enviable average too!!!

Thanks Dan, Yes i was on Kitcos site and this site piddles all over that for comradeship ,i love it here and the motivation i get from reading posts has kept me ticking over. To think i bought an apmex 1oz silverbar @ £33.75 at one point and with gifts and a strewed buying attitude i have got it down to this price.

I could of thrown in the towel but i kept going and achieved my goal.

Many thanks for all the likes.

Today i got from my family for my birthday later in the month.

1 x Maple.

1 x Philly.

2 x Spiders.

This brought my average way down. To £18.76p per oz.and a total of 100 oz.

I have finally made it after all these years of scrimping and saving,selling stuff,collecting scrap metals for money,then using the money for silver,birthday and Christmas gifts, and just buying an ounce here and there too, as cheap as i could find it with the odd exception. I have done every trick in my book to stack this one hundred ounces of silver and i am very proud of myself for sticking with it.

Congrats on the 100 oz!

I'm not sure I agree with your method for calculating average cost though, assuming you're adding gifts in at £0? Doesn't really stack up (excuse the pun).