• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Well my taste in Sovs has now veered towards young head shields but I am also in parallel looking at pre-33 particularly the Liberty head series which has good age but not yet too expensive. I think US pre33 is also interesting in that it has a broad appeal to a much wider audience I the USA as well as some of us this side of the Atlantic.

I like the double eagle Liberty Head design, lots are beaten up as they were used as currency which to me the same as sovereigns gives them history ( a proper coin).  I like to hold a bullion one in the hand, the same with old sovereigns.    

Today I bought a couple of 1oz kookaburra's which took my total to 100oz's.

Congratulations on the 100oz's, feels great do-sent it?

As for a new goal i am at that cross roads also.I would like more gold,i don't know what you think on that one.

I have also thought about  a lidle case and collecting 1oz Perth coins.Do you fancy that? or just plain and simple filling more tubes.

Maybe bars some poured or kilo bars there is so much choice.

What are your thoughts on your next move?

In what regards?

I don't know too much about them other than I very much like the look of them and the Indian heads seem to carry a premium

For me they're much more attractive than a standard sov - other than the young Victoria shield backs

The eagle is OK but IMO the liberty head is awful, much prefer even the victoria veiled head, which I hate.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

The eagle is OK but IMO the liberty head is awful, much prefer even the victoria veiled head, which I hate.

The Liberty head is clunky but anything earlier is way way expensive... What do you think of the $20 St Gaudens? Edited by Guest

The Liberty head is clunky but anything earlier is way way expensive... What do you think of the $20 St Gaudens?

Yeah quite nice, That's what they call a double eagle  is it, 1 oz?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

The Liberty head is clunky but anything earlier is way way expensive... What do you think of the $20 St Gaudens?

I prefer the Gaudens.  Next would be the Indian Head and least favourite is the Liberty Head.

Yeah quite nice, That's what they call a double eagle is it, 1 oz?

065c3c059f554a56791445769bd76593.jpg

Some say it's the most beautiful American coin ever produced.

True, LH design isn't so great, but c'mon, that US coat of arms though!

There is something about these designs and the buildings in New York that match the coins.

Confidence

Power

Wealth

These coins cone from an era where America owned the world. Looking to the Chinese now for Pre2033 gold! ))

Getting back to the "today I bought".

I can tell you that yesterday I bought a beautiful seated liberty quarter. This is a coin I will be sending to NGC for grading.

161f8f074b9298b710f8fe4b2d36a8c9.jpg

b0431bfa74569db76260c897930e792d.jpg

5e2375b6f4b3307cc379bfe77bc17a53.jpg

9e8233cfbcc620ef6d848c32995375df.jpg

547b631768d1a7fe1b7dfcac090b68c2.jpg

3f15802fe3d2b0994d178cb4d7031cdf.jpg

f6c3f2e411e931fdcf9f90c76ae08a6c.jpg

Any guesses as to grade?